testtest

New Taurus TX-22 Compact

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
1673291655491.png

TaurusTX_22_Compact_hero_d-ba5f2d1d.jpeg

That short barrel maybe just enough to keep most standard velocity bulk .22lr rounds subsonic, making this a great suppressor host.

This has my interest peaked!

I would be interested in a full size slide set up like the compact. RDS where it belongs and the lightning cuts to make it cycle.

That short barrel maybe just enough to keep most standard velocity bulk .22lr rounds subsonic, making this a great suppressor host.

This has my interest peaked!
Suppressor permit got approved yesterday from ATF. 9 months in the making.
Got a Rugged Mustang22 to go on my Taurus TX22 and HK MP5 .22

Cant wait to see how the Tx22 does with sub ammo and the can

Suppressor permit got approved yesterday from ATF. 9 months in the making.
Got a Rugged Mustang22 to go on my Taurus TX22 and HK MP5 .22

Cant wait to see how the Tx22 does with sub ammo and the can
I use a few different subsonic rounds and I found CCI suppressor clean to be my favorite subsonic.22lr ammo.

CCI Quiets are definitely the quietest I've shot but they won't cycle due to being so low powered.

I use a few different subsonic rounds and I found CCI suppressor clean to be my favorite subsonic.22lr ammo.

CCI Quiets are definitely the quietest I've shot but they won't cycle due to being so low powered.
I bought some Quiets and tried to run them through my AP5 22. They were supper quiet, I think I could have shot them without hearing protection, but as you mentioned they would not cycle the gun. I have the SD version with a ribbed handguard and trying to manually eject shots was like running my hand along a cheese grater! I’ll stick with standard velocity.

I bought some Quiets and tried to run them through my AP5 22. They were supper quiet, I think I could have shot them without hearing protection, but as you mentioned they would not cycle the gun. I have the SD version with a ribbed handguard and trying to manually eject shots was like running my hand along a cheese grater! I’ll stick with standard velocity.
CCI suppressor clean are quieter than my kids airsoft guns when shot through a TX22 with a Dead Air Mask suppressor.

CCI Quiets are hearing safe if shot outside in an open area. The Quiets are slightly quieter than a nitro piston pellet rifle.

CCI Standard Velocity are VERY quiet through my Sig P322 and Tippmann M4-22 rifle with a YHM Phantom 22 suppressor. About as quiet as a BB gun and definitely quieter than a break pellet gun. As long as you stay subsonic, the suppressor will make shots Hollywood quiet.

Range report: Taurus TX22 and HK Mp5 .22 SBR (NFA) suppressed w Rugged Mustang22

Cci “quiet” 710 fps: neither gun would cycle another round. FTF / FTE . Was non existent for noise. Heard bolt only . Shame

Cci “subsonic” .. 970fps (i think it was 970??)
No issues to feed/cycle. Really quiet. Will get the job done. Prob run w no ear protection if needed afield

Cci all other .22LR cycled no issues as did Remington or Aguila standard velocity ammo in 1000-1400 fps range. Prob 8 diff types/brands tried. All were “subdued” on noice level

D76E12BC-2855-4BE9-80C1-44841EBEA73C.jpeg
5FA1974F-D6CE-46CF-8EFE-C798DC5095A3.jpeg
92FFEDDC-DBA4-453C-8A59-444330063091.jpeg
F16F1CE5-39E7-482A-A357-0B4B893ACE2F.jpeg
9351EDDC-41AB-4831-A347-739BAE4F6BD7.jpeg

I’ve been using mostly CCI standard velocity - 1070 fps. It’s very quiet. I know the bullet hitting the ground or target 35-40 yards away is louder than the report of the gun. Slightly louder on the pistol than the rifle.

That looks like a nice set up there Killer. I’m guessing you’re happy with the Mask?

Back