testtest

New UPS Policy Requires Unlimited Access To Firearms Shipper Books

I don't think this will end internet sales of guns and it will most likely open up an opportunity for a smaller delivery company looking to grow and expand.

This could be a shot in the foot for UPS considering the large volume of firearms shipped in the US each day. A smaller company willing to take on this business could grow pretty quickly and become another major shipping competitor as more businesses jump on board.
Agreed.

Edit…..

This is an outrageous overreach of a shipping company and honestly I don’t see retail outlets allowing a shipping company unfettered access to their databases. In response to this being the beginning to the end of internet sales? Very doubtful.
My opinion.

Last edited:
Agreed.

Edit…..

This is an outrageous overreach of a shipping company and honestly I don’t see retail outlets allowing a shipping company unfettered access to their databases. In response to this being the beginning to the end of internet sales? Very doubtful.
My opinion.
So if firearms wholesalers refuse to comply with UPS and Fed Ex ridiculous regulations, what is it you think is going to happen that will get products in the hands of internet customers in a convenient enough manner to keep internet sales from drying up ?

So if firearms wholesalers refuse to comply with UPS and Fed Ex ridiculous regulations, what is it you think is going to happen that will get products in the hands of internet customers in a convenient enough manner to keep internet sales from drying up ?
As previously mentioned by @10mmLife there are most likely multiple smaller shipping companies that will step up and fill that void and although it may take time they will grow to provide adequate delivery services.
I’m not saying this will be a perfect solution but it’s not the end of the world as being stated by others.
My opinion.

Really you believe that? What have or has been fixed since the 2020 steal
if the people that complain, and not even vote, would get off their duffs and go vote, maybe things can get better.

it's one thing to complain, and moan and groan, but when registered voters, or those that CAN register to vote, sit out an election, who is ultimately to blame..??

as i see it, only those of us that actually do go out and VOTE, are the only ones to gripe about anything.

all others, S.T.Hell. UP

and YES, i firmly believe that voting OUT the deadbeats, and morons in office can be fixed.

I don't think this will end internet sales of guns and it will most likely open up an opportunity for a smaller delivery company looking to grow and expand.

This could be a shot in the foot for UPS considering the large volume of firearms shipped in the US each day. A smaller company willing to take on this business could grow pretty quickly and become another major shipping competitor as more businesses jump on board.
my thoughts are, IF UPS gets away with this bullcrap, what's to stop them from demanding ALL thier customers to supply all thier records...???

so like what now, the businesses selling sex toys, adult videos, baby diapers, kitchenwares, and blue jeans, will have to start complying with this insane BS from UPS..????

if the people that complain, and not even vote, would get off their duffs and go vote, maybe things can get better.

it's one thing to complain, and moan and groan, but when registered voters, or those that CAN register to vote, sit out an election, who is ultimately to blame..??

as i see it, only those of us that actually do go out and VOTE, are the only ones to gripe about anything.

all others, S.T.Hell. UP

and YES, i firmly believe that voting OUT the deadbeats, and morons in office can be fixed.
Agree but you cant fix anything as long as all and i mean all of them are in compliance with the non american agenda, only 1 way for that to happen and thats not a positive outcome for anyone. U can stand ur ground all day long and vote but until the current system is fixed and IDs required this is over

my thoughts are, IF UPS gets away with this bullcrap, what's to stop them from demanding ALL thier customers to supply all thier records...???

so like what now, the businesses selling sex toys, adult videos, baby diapers, kitchenwares, and blue jeans, will have to start complying with this insane BS from UPS..????
They would never hassle sexual deviants. It’s clearly agenda driven and to them violating the privacy of perverts is unthinkable. Evil gun owners on the other hand ……..

I bought a XD-M off Gunbrooker. My FFL is on a State Route number, and in Maryland, and they are not the only state, state roads split, and rejoin with other roads with different names. So you can drive straight down a road and it's name will change several times as you stay on the road. The delivery was delayed several days, with failed delivery's and the package being returned to the distribution center for another attempt the next day, with statuses stating they could not find the address, and I needed to confirm the address for them.

The Seller had sent me a photo of the package with the address label before it was shipped by his FFL, it was addressed correctly. The FFL listing had the correct address. But the UPS computer system had in the wrong street name for the name of the road 1 mile further down the road. So street number doesn't jive with the street name in a computer. The delivery driver couldn't recognize the mistake, nor look at the package with the correct address on it?

It was a very odd experience, one that could just be a mistake, but such a suspicious mistake that also the delivery driver couldn't recognize and correct on the spot, I have to wonder if UPS staff were messing with the shipment because it was they knew it was likely a firearm in the package.
Ups has a lot of gun theft too, out of the terminals
That is why firearms often can only be shipped through the various registered systems, that require a signature for every hand off. It will show the last person that had the package before it fell off the back of the truck.

FFL have started shipping packages so its less obvious that its from an FFL, like not using business names in the address that show its a gun shop. I suppose a lot of packages get xrayed for security, so personnel could see there is a firearm in the package.

what we were once able to do, when we bought items on line?

we could select the shipping service.

we could choose, FedEx, USPS, DHL, and of course UPS

not so much anymore. some places i buy from, they only have 1 shipper

other places, you want over night? then xx service

you want 2 day delivery? then this other xx service.

unless we as customers demand THAT ALLof our online stores, no matter what they sell, expand thier choices shipping companies, this will be the way companies like UPS will operate and get away with it.
The problem lies in that shipping has gotten so expensive that companies are making exclusive deals to get sometimes huge discount on the shipping services. If you place blame look no further than Amazon.
I deal in shipping for a large company. Because of the volume of discounts Amazon demands the companies are forced to transfer that cost to others.

The problem lies in that shipping has gotten so expensive that companies are making exclusive deals to get sometimes huge discount on the shipping services. If you place blame look no further than Amazon.
I deal in shipping for a large company. Because of the volume of discounts Amazon demands the companies are forced to transfer that cost to others.
Yes, I have seen Amazon has gotten big deals with the USPS, government picking the winners and losers, paying for some if not all of the shipping costs for Amazon, but not giving the same break to other companies.

what we were once able to do, when we bought items on line?

we could select the shipping service.

we could choose, FedEx, USPS, DHL, and of course UPS

not so much anymore. some places i buy from, they only have 1 shipper

other places, you want over night? then xx service

you want 2 day delivery? then this other xx service.

unless we as customers demand THAT ALLof our online stores, no matter what they sell, expand thier choices shipping companies, this will be the way companies like UPS will operate and get away with it.
The issue has to do with impact of overhead on the seller's profit. By making a deal with 1 shipper for their exclusive rights, they lock in lower shipping costs. In some cases, they have agreement with multiple shippers where they get similar discounts for certain class of service, hence next day air is with Shipper A and 2 day is with Shipper B. It's just good ole capitalism at work.

If you don't like a company's shipping options, you can always call and request a different shipper (I've done that)....and pay the regular retail rate for the shipping. Or just go to another seller!

The issue has to do with impact of overhead on the seller's profit. By making a deal with 1 shipper for their exclusive rights, they lock in lower shipping costs. In some cases, they have agreement with multiple shippers where they get similar discounts for certain class of service, hence next day air is with Shipper A and 2 day is with Shipper B. It's just good ole capitalism at work.

If you don't like a company's shipping options, you can always call and request a different shipper (I've done that)....and pay the regular retail rate for the shipping. Or just go to another seller!
well, if 1 seller has what i want, at the price i am willing to pay, i ain't about to go someplace else.

i'll check and see if a seller can indeed arrange another shipping company on request.

I have not yet decided how I will deal with this. Most of the time I buy on-line and have them shipped to my FFL. I think the best course of action may be to talk to my FFL and have them order what I want. If I can get it, they can get it.

Back