testtest

New Yorkers Must Pass A Mental Health Exam Before Purchasing A Gun!

i think it should be required for all politicians, (and those running for office for the first time), and judges and lawyers to be mentally tested as well, to do thier jobs.

why stop at people that want to buy guns?

what's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

I delivered a semi load to Sayerville , N. J. once. I figured that was as close to New York as I ever wanted to be. In fact that trip taught me that I didn't ever want to be on the East coast in a semi ever again.

These anti-gunners will never stop trying to infringe on our 2A right. They know they can't completely control us till the guns are gone. Well for us common folk anyway.

I would avoid taking any kind of mental acuity test under any circumstances unless it was court ordered. Right now, if you go to your doctor and tell him that you are depressed and he prescribes something because he determines that you are indeed depressed, that diagnosis follows you around forever and can exclude you from certain jobs or cause you to lose a security clearance, which can possibly result in loss of your job. What do you think the impact of failing some half-baked mental exam would be. Not buying a gun would be the least of your problems. You could just move out of state, but what if that test result goes with you.

Btw, after I moved here from England as a boy I grew up in Upstate New York and I came out just fine. Ask @KillerFord1977 . He’ll back me up.

I would avoid taking any kind of mental acuity test under any circumstances unless it was court ordered. Right now, if you go to your doctor and tell him that you are depressed and he prescribes something because he determines that you are indeed depressed, that diagnosis follows you around forever and can exclude you from certain jobs or cause you to lose a security clearance, which can possibly result in loss of your job. What do you think the impact of failing some half-baked mental exam would be. Not buying a gun would be the least of your problems. You could just move out of state, but what if that test result goes with you.

Btw, after I moved here from England as a boy I grew up in Upstate New York and I came out just fine. Ask @KillerFord1977 . He’ll back me up.
1645058093754.gif

I used to travel upstate NY with distributor sales reps regularly. They are almost all like us...hunt, fish, love freedom. The entire state is NYC as far as politics is concerned. I hate seeing the up-staters get slandered because of the marxists in NYC and Albany.

Then I guess the really sane people leave when they have the opportunity to do so. I'd like to amend my 1st post to say those sane folks that have to live there because of circumstances beyond their control have my heartfelt apology.

Well, just the fact that you live in the State of New York would indicate your mental status is in question! :cool:
Lived there and left there many years ago. They definately have their share of what my trophy wife calls whack-a-doodles there. Will have 1 question on the test.
"Do you think the NY State Government is doing a great job of governing the state?"
If you answer yes you are denied because you are crazy, if you answer no you are denied because you are hostile to the government and therefor a threat.

Upstate New York is a completely different animal than NY City.

Most of the country realizes gun control laws only have an impact on law abiding citizens. Criminals don't go through a background check, take a course or get a carry license... they resort to resales and the black-market. No gun control law will ever prevent that. It's ridiculous to think otherwise, but then we do have to deal with liberals. :mad:

I have never met a psychologist who would certify a person is NOT crazy. Here is the bill

Last edited:
Upstate New York is a completely different animal than NY City.
Yes it is, I lived in Upstate NY, about 3 1/2 hours away from the city. When I lived there last (over 25 years ago), the Upstate population was largely Conservative but because the cities large population outvotes them on everything Upstaters basically have no say in how the state is run. Heard the grumbling my whole life of the classic need to split NY into 2 states just like California, Colorado, and few other states want to do.

Lived there and left there many years ago. They definately have their share of what my trophy wife calls whack-a-doodles there. Will have 1 question on the test.
"Do you think the NY State Government is doing a great job of governing the state?"
If you answer yes you are denied because you are crazy, if you answer no you are denied because you are hostile to the government and therefor a threat.
funny, a local talk radio show i listen to up here in N.E., in the afternoon, the dj calls some people,

"whack-a-doo's"

hmmmm, passing a test to exercise a constitutional right? what if we had to pass a mental exam to exercise another constitutional right, like, voting? certain groups of people would be up in arms about "infringing on my constitutional rights". to which i would say, "hey! how's it feel?"

Back