testtest

Not My 1st Choice of Gun for Riot Defense.....But

Kel-Tec had the PMR-30 which is pretty thin and reasonably concealable plus it holds 30 rounds of .22WMR.
I actually have a PMR-30. It's tons of fun at the range, but it isn't any easier for me to conceal than most full-size handguns. The flatness helps a bit, but the grip is long enough to print through most of my shirts. What I would like to see is a pocket-carry option with a double-stack (or stack-and-a-half) magazine. Anything the size of a Ruger LCP II LR, Taurus 22 PLY, or Beretta Bobcat would be good. All of those guns have plenty of room in the grip to accommodate a double-stack magazine, but most manufacturers seem convinced that all .22 caliber semi-autos need to max-out at 10 rounds.

Bro-n-law has had a PMR30 for a couple years now and loves it. Back when .22 cal stuff was readily available it wasn't unusual for him and his wife to blow up 400-500 rnds in an afternoon, and they did that many afternoons. Far as I know, and he and I talk guns fairly often it's never missed a beat. Like me, he is a fan of most Keltec stuff. He also has a KS7 that he swears by. (y)(y)(y)

BTW.... as I type this I'm in the market and looking for a P17. That's the new little Keltec .22LR semi-auto.
Here you go JJ,

Knowing Kel-Tec they probably run fine once you go in and polish everything and work the bugs out. A lot of people have trouble with KSGs. I think the early generations had some bugs. A lot of people do what they call a "Fluff and Buff". There are detailed instructions how to do this available on the KSG forum. I never had to do any of that. At some point around 1000 rounds I started noticing while I was cycling it ( Not shooting, just running the shells through it) I was having some FTF. First I considered the fluff and buff thing, but it occurred to me that was probably not an issue that would magically appear after 1000 rounds. Turns out I was right and the issue was the design of the selector switch. The screw that holds it in place can't be torqued, because the switch needs to move. So rather than using a shoulder screw they just used a flat screw which you cannot fully tighten and mine had loosened up. So I took it apart, cleaned it thoroughly, then put some blue loctite on the threads and tightened it fully then backed it off until the switch operated freely. No more problems.

I think most people's problem though was that they simply didn't/don't know how to run the thing. A very popular saying is " Rack it like you hate it". Which is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. If I had to slam a shotgun to get it to feed I wouldn't have it for long. Mine feeds and ejects perfectly regardless of the speed or force with which I charge it. The trick is that you have to actually pump it the entire length of it's travel, BOTH directions. All the action happens in the last 1/2" of travel on either end. So people short stroke it.

See, bugs. I'm under no illusion that my KSG is some top shelf shotgun, but mine runs like a clock. The trick is to be smarter than the shotgun. The Israeli shotgun is definitely a much more well thought out design. 16 rds. in 8 seconds and you don't need to do anything but clean it. And some dude I saw ran his over 600 rounds without doing that before it got stupid. Then he just cleaned the gas piston and started shooting the crap out of it again. Anyway....
From my experience, the key to getting the PMR-30 to run reliably is to load the magazines exactly as described in the owners' manual. Loading the mags like you would load traditional centerfire mags will cause the rims of the bullets to catch (i.e. rimlock). I have never had any issue running all 30 rounds through a properly loaded magazine. I suspect that the Youtube reviewers who had feeding problems with the PMR-30 failed to follow the instructions in the manual.

From my experience, the key to getting the PMR-30 to run reliably is to load the magazines exactly as described in the owners' manual. Loading the mags like you would load traditional centerfire mags will cause the rims of the bullets to catch (i.e. rimlock). I have never had any issue running all 30 rounds through a properly loaded magazine. I suspect that the Youtube reviewers who had feeding problems with the PMR-30 failed to follow the instructions in the manual.
Well said wmg. It's been my experience too that often times some minor problems with a product (and not just guns) are caused by the new owner not reading/heeding the 'Owner's Manual'. I've always figured the folks who build a particular item are probably more knowledgeable about it than I am and it'll likely pay to listen to their advice.

More times than not I've seen where it paid off ................. for me at least. (y)(y)(y) Jus' sayin'.

Since when did anything a man does involve looking at a manual ? 😆😆🤪🤪

I owned a AMT Automag in .22magnum. It was a handful and shot a big fireball. My one problem I had with it was the magazine spring seemed very stiff for 7 rounds. Loading the mag resulted in at least 5 or 6 bent badly out of a box of 50. The long thin cases when pushed in the middle to load the next round would flex from the force of the spring under and from the force pushing down to load the next round.
It was a fun handgun for a few years.
I like the .22magnum round and one day would love to have an auto loading rifle in the caliber.

Back