testtest

Off To The Doctor Today

Best of luck with the doctor today @Keystone19250 .

Seems we're all in the so called golden years. Not so sure what's so golden about it though! Mainly just old eyes and left ear problems here (born deaf in right ear), and a bout with prostate cancer a few years back. The sound of silence (ringing) has gotten really loud in my one good ear. Things just aren't the same as they use to be just a few years ago.

Hey Keystone19250, hope you get a good report from your doctor today. I've had bone spurs removed from both shoulders, but other than some occasional pain I'm doing okay. On the positive side at least it's something that can be medically resolved without lasting complications, but I know how you feel.

I used to say “getting old sucks” however it beats the alternative.
Being adopted I have little to no information on any family medical history. For me the play book is being written on a day to day basis.
Thanks for the well wishes.
i am reminded of an old Jackie Mason skit.

to wit he said, he went to his doctor, and the doctor gave him bad news and that he had better get his affairs in order.

the guy asked, "How long do i have doc"?

the doctor said, less than 6 months.

the guy said, "but doc, i can't possibly pay off your bill in 6 months"

doctor then says to him, "ok, i'll give you another 6 months"

so no matter what, just tell the doctor you can't afford to pay him, and suddenly the news will be better news...!!!!!

For the last couple weeks I’ve been dealing with some intense left shoulder pain, the worst of it is when I’m trying to sleep. Although I do have some tests coming up including some imaging and then an MRI however following the initial doctors visit its looking like I have arthritis that is significantly damaging the bones in my left shoulder. I’m glad I’m right hand/arm dominate.
Tomorrow I’m off to get my hearing tested and will most likely end up with hearing aids. It’s getting interesting getting old.
Yeah, getting older certainly is not for cowards. 😨

I received confirmation that I have imaging of my shoulder scheduled for next Tuesday the 15th following that an MRI.
i have been thru MRI's and CAT scans.

my doctor said that the CAT scan shows more than an MRI.

either way, i had great health insurance, as it didn't matter which i was sent for, as each one costs like $5,000.

as it was...??

i was sent for both...

(i think many times, the doctors have an investment in labs, and x-ray and other imaging places.)

as well as in the drug companies.

Thanks 10 time to train more shooting dominate hand only.

i have been thru MRI's and CAT scans.

my doctor said that the CAT scan shows more than an MRI.

either way, i had great health insurance, as it didn't matter which i was sent for, as each one costs like $5,000.

as it was...??

i was sent for both...

(i think many times, the doctors have an investment in labs, and x-ray and other imaging places.)

as well as in the drug companies.
Praying the results show nothing serious.

Dr. Okie: Sorry to hear about the shoulder. Hope it works out well in the end.
Mr. PewPew:
81B8FECB-7247-4C6E-A1E4-83D3EFD1F479.jpeg

As a follow up I had some X-rays today and although I do have some damage to the shoulder/arm bones from arthritis it’s been determined that most likely I have a moderate to extreme tear in my rotator cup tendon. I started out with a cortisone shot and it already feels better however only time will tell.

As a follow up I had some X-rays today and although I do have some damage to the shoulder/arm bones from arthritis it’s been determined that most likely I have a moderate to extreme tear in my rotator cup tendon. I started out with a cortisone shot and it already feels better however only time will tell.
…does a rotator problem heal on its own ?
Wishing u the best. I’ve had hints that arthritis is coming for me, before too long…

Cortisone shot didn't really help me all that much with my two tears (1 in each shoulder (right severe, left moderate)). But two months of PT (3 days a week) and doing the exercises at home everyday except Sunday, at least got me back close to 100% movement with no pain. I'm glad I didn't have to go the surgical route, and hope you'll recover with the least amount of pain and cost. Good Luck Keystone.

…does a rotator problem heal on its own ?
Wishing u the best. I’ve had hints that arthritis is coming for me, before too long…
i injured myself, decades ago. i recall exactly how it happened, as i got out of my truck, on an icy day.

i never had any operation, not even an x-ray. shifting the trucks (18 wheelers) would at times be very painful, but never had anything done.

i don't think it healed itself, but i do not over work my arm/rotator cuff, to the extremes, and at my age, if it gets worse?

i'll just have my arm yanked out and i'll mount it on a wall with real antlers attached..

i'll say i shot my first "armalope"

Good luck there goose, I'm sure your doctor will get you well again. Me and the wife may have had Omicron, we got sick about 3 weeks ago, didn't get tested but our doctor said it was the flu. We are just finally getting over it, started as head cold, then fever and some nausea, coughing, headaches, sinus drainage, cough is still hanging on, may have been the flu like the doctor said, who knows, even if we tested negative, the way politics are running this, it would have probably been reported we had it. Hang in there @Keystone19250

Good luck there goose, I'm sure your doctor will get you well again. Me and the wife may have had Omicron, we got sick about 3 weeks ago, didn't get tested but our doctor said it was the flu. We are just finally getting over it, started as head cold, then fever and some nausea, coughing, headaches, sinus drainage, cough is still hanging on, may have been the flu like the doctor said, who knows, even if we tested negative, the way politics are running this, it would have probably been reported we had it. Hang in there @Keystone19250
…Omicron ? Isn’t that one of the moons of Mars ??

😁😉

A follow up to my shoulder pain is after a doctors visit to find out how I’m doing after the cortisone shot, is well
“no change” cortisone shots “I was told”
Will last about 3 months, the help I got from mine lasted 1 month.
Today I had an MRI done and surprisingly I was given a CD of the exam.
I haven’t looked at it yet and frankly I’m not sure I would know what I’m looking at anyway.
I will say the doctor coordinating my treatment is already talking surgery.

Back