testtest

Peak Performance: The New XD-M Elite

I shoot the XDm 5.25 9mm competition version with upgrades in USPSA and was excited to see this model come out but after a closer look it is not worth the money. The magwell on the Elite is poly, the trigger though nice as I replace all my triggers with flat Fat Boy's is still poly, mag extensions from Cain Arms are very affordable so why would one look at the Elite. Simple, manufactured demand and a need to reduce inventory with the not so popular competition model. Springfield should look at what would really make this Elite model truly be competition ready and stop listening to the marketing department.

Would like to see a XD-M® ELITE 3.8" in 10mm with a cut-down grip for ~ 12-13 rd mag capacity with a pinky extension, and a +1 or +2 X-tension.
Hell, I'd be tickled to see an XDM-10 Elite in ANY length w/ flared magwell & 'full capacity' mags!

Springfield Armory XDM 10mm models.png

Also, I'm no fan of the 'grip zone' texturing and greatly prefer the 'Mega-Lock' pattern!! Also, who needs 'instructions on where to hold the gun' (if you're not an antigun libtard, that is)!!

Springfield Armory XDE 45.jpg
Springfield mocking Spongebob Grip Zone Sight Zone.jpg

That is some MANLY grip pattern, there!!

Springfield Armory XDM 40.png

Well if they offer the magwell by it self it will fit. Oh but not now when they release the 45/10mm XDM Elite then yes

You have any idea how soon before SA releases a .45 or 10MM XDM Elite?? I'll burn down the world to get my hands on those!!

ALSO... Do you know is a 10K torture test video is in the works for the Elite?? I was mentioning in another thread how SA appears to be adopting a 10k standard for testing, having already done this for the Hellcat and the 10MM XDM. I enjoy taking an afternoon off to watch them shoot, when I myself can't get to the range. This was thoroughly enjoyable:

I wish that the 10mm model looked as beautiful as this gun instead of being that boring XDM frame in black. Also, what silencer was used in the 10mm video?

It would be the height of kewlness if SA offered all XDM models (including the Elites) in coyote, olive drab, and FDE in addition to basic black!! For example, IWI offers their Tavor 7 (IMHO the best bullpup ever made) in multiple colors:

Tavor 7 colors sm.png

Recently purchased a 4.5 Elite and got to shoot it at the range earlier this week. It felt great in the hand and shot really good. This is at 25yds first time out. I'm sure it will get better once I run a few hundred rds through it.

Attachments

• 20190824_185635.jpg
    20190824_185635.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 264
They used to.

They also used to offer us a choice of slides on most of the XD lineup - I wanted a bi-tone XDM at one point, but it seems SA has about stopped doing stainless slides as an option on anything other than 1911's.

They also used to offer us a choice of slides on most of the XD lineup - I wanted a bi-tone XDM at one point, but it seems SA has about stopped doing stainless slides as an option on anything other than 1911's.

They’re plentiful on the used market; local place had a used XDM in OD with stainless slide until not long ago...

Has anybody figured out/confirmed a base plate solution to use XDM Mags with the Factory XDM Elite Magwell?

I live in a state that feels like restricting magazine capacity to 10 rounds makes is super duper safe. An OEM mag from the gun shop with the blocks will end up costing $50+. I'd love to be able to use the promag pinned 10rd XDM magazines with a different baseplate, but I'm not sure where to get one.

Does Springfield sell just the base plates? I have several of 19roundrrs and don’t want to take off the magwell, but would like to use the mags I have.

Back