testtest

Perfect Carry Gun: XD-S Mod.2?

In my humble opinion, this is a very nice carry option. I have the optional tritium front sight and blacked out rear. I find this comfortable to carry all day and performs very well at the range. Point and shoot without having to worry about "on or off" type safeties. This one usually follows me out the door.

20200516_125107.jpg

I don't have a Mod.2, but I do love (and carry daily) my original XDs with the waffle grip. Never had an abrasion issue with the original grip, it gets back on target for me quickly, and I especially like the interchangeable backstrap for sizing. I still have stock (non-tritium; front fiberoptic) irons on it, but I carry it with the Viridian R5 ECR instant-on green laser.

Got a deal on one from academy with extra mags for 380 this last Christmas. Only thing I was it had was different size grips for it. Other wise a real accurate and efficient gun. Cleaned and well lubed. No jams.

It's like the Goldilocks for concealed carry. Not too big, not too small, just right.
I have come to the realization that the XD-S Mod.2 may not be the perfect carry gun for me. The grip is just a little small for my XL hands, so I purchased an XD-M Elite 3.8 Compact on Labor Day.

The XDs Mod.2 is an excellent carry gun, but it is not quite perfect. The 9mm fits my hand perfectly with the optional 8-round magazine. The blacked out sights with tritium front are easy to pick up, and I'm one of the people who actually likes having a grip safety. The only area where the XDs Mod.2 loses out to the competition is capacity. If you are comfortable with carrying 8-10 rounds in 9mm or 6-7 rounds in 45 acp, then you will be perfectly happy with the XDs. If capacity is a major concern, then you will be better served by a P365 or Hellcat. I like my XDs, but the P365 is my EDC.

Back