testtest

Police Shooting

N

nmedge

Early saturday morning an Alamogordo Police Officer was shot by a scumbag with a sawed off shotgun in the face. This person also was involved in another shooting with police in January of this year. My question is why is that dirt ball out walking the streets? What is wrong with our judges? The officer is alive but but has been transferred to a hospital in Texas in critical condition. The suspect was shot by another Alamogordo Police Officer and is in custody with the New Mexico State Police. Another senseless police shooting! This is a small town but they have not given the name of the officer yet. My neighbor around the corner is a cop and I have not seen his cruiser return home last night, I hope he isn't the one injured. I hope the judge who released this person from the last incident is taking a good look in the mirror this morning because now he knows what an idiot looks like!

You want the pretty easy answer?

Money.

Americans don’t want to fund prisons enough (more taxes! Bad!) and would rather punish low-level offenders to fill up what prison space we do have.

Additionally, we’ve pushed prisons off to private entities who want to make a profit off them…making conditions utterly intolerable, and just making the people who get sent to prison almost guaranteed to be worse when they get out.

Money.

Americans don’t want to fund prisons enough (more taxes! Bad!) and would rather punish low-level offenders to fill up what prison space we do have.

Additionally, we’ve pushed prisons off to private entities who want to make a profit off them…making conditions utterly intolerable, and just making the people who get sent to prison almost guaranteed to be worse when they get out.
as you say, and plenty of state owned land here in RI.

many times a new prison has been brought up.

but the NIMBY's are always vocal about that.

yet, everyone screams about short prison time, or overcrowding.

i say screw it, if the state owns land.??

"build it, and they will come"

too bad that other officer didn't just go up to him, when the thug was on the ground and blow his brains out...all he would have had to do was say, "he reached for his gun, or pointed his gun at me"
American LE is generally far beyond executing wounded felons and that's how it should be. You don't want officers on your dept who will, although there are a few. Now if the bad guy gets shot a lot and is killed graveyard dead in the first exchange of gunfire, good riddance.

But I understand the sentiment. I once worked a triple homicide done by two thugs out on early release. After the same judge who relased them early sentenced them to death, the lead detective told the judge the only way we could stop the cycle is to just start shooting them when we catch them.

I have been present when heinous felons were arrested, and remember wishing they would try something. But most of those thugs are just cowards who give up whimpering when the table turns.

The desire for retribution is powerful, but restraint must win out.

Money.

The majority of us are willing to fund prisons with tax dollars. In fact, if you can prove that a tax increase will go toward prisons to house violent offenders, I will support that tax.

The problem isn't that simple. We pay taxes only to have money diverted to the newest pet cause of those in power. They waste our taxes intended to provide a service on items serving their woke agenda. They don't listen to those who do pay taxes but patronize those who contribute nothing instead.

The problem resides with those entrusted protecting the citizens. Whatever their title, they appear to believe that their agenda supercedes the will of the people they have sworn to serve. They must be held accountable and removed from a position of authority by any all legally established methods available; whether through the ballot box, recall or impeachment.

The simplistic answer you offer sounds like nothing more than a liberal excuse, whether you are a liberal or not.

Money.

Hard to disagree with most of this. I don't think prison has ever been worth a crap for actually rehabilitating offenders though.

Do you believe in the Constitution?

Because a statement like that indicates you don’t.
so, you believe a thug out to go to court after injuring, maiming or killing a cop?

i believe they ought to be put down like a rabid dog.

after a thug commits a crime, for all i care any crime, and that person has a lengthy criminal record, we ought to support them at trial time (tax dollars) cloth, feed them medicate them, educate them (while in prison)..??

i say "save us tax payers all that money from coming out of our pockets, and put them down".

they, (the long time criminals) had no compassion, or thoughts about anything but themselves, when they go about their life of crime, killing maiming or injuring thier victims.

so, you believe a thug out to go to court after injuring, maiming or killing a cop?

i believe they ought to be put down like a rabid dog.

after a thug commits a crime, for all i care any crime, and that person has a lengthy criminal record, we ought to support them at trial time (tax dollars) cloth, feed them medicate them, educate them (while in prison)..??

i say "save us tax payers all that money from coming out of our pockets, and put them down".

they, (the long time criminals) had no compassion, or thoughts about anything but themselves, when they go about their life of crime, killing maiming or injuring thier victims.
Is killing a cop worse than killing a regular person ? A daughter or a mother or a priest ? It's not.

And you really think people should be sentenced to death without judge or jury ?

Is killing a cop worse than killing a regular person ? A daughter or a mother or a priest ? It's not.

And you really think people should be sentenced to death without judge or jury ?
yes, as in not too many want to be cops anymore, in part thanks to the defund the police or shackle the police from doing the job they were hired and trained for and dedicate thier lives to.. we need them to do a job, that we do not want to do, or cannot do.

when someone shoots and kills or injures or maimes ANYONE not just a cop, that POS needs to be put down as i said, like a rabid dog.

when the prosecutors office, or the defense, or the judges conspire to let those POS's go free, and wreak havoc in our neighborhoods, streets, etc, what purpose does (or did) the constitution serve then..???

as it is, the adrenaline pumping thru a cops body is enough for him/her to finish off the thug.

and further, does anyone ever really get sentenced to die in the gas chamber, electric chair, hanging, or injection, and that sentence carried out ASAP, or are we made to go thru MORE tax dollars for them to live thru appeal after appeal..??

yes, as in not too many want to be cops anymore, in part thanks to the defund the police or shackle the police from doing the job they were hired and trained for and dedicate thier lives to.. we need them to do a job, that we do not want to do, or cannot do.

when someone shoots and kills or injures or maimes ANYONE not just a cop, that POS needs to be put down as i said, like a rabid dog.

when the prosecutors office, or the defense, or the judges conspire to let those POS's go free, and wreak havoc in our neighborhoods, streets, etc, what purpose does (or did) the constitution serve then..???

as it is, the adrenaline pumping thru a cops body is enough for him/her to finish off the thug.

and further, does anyone ever really get sentenced to die in the gas chamber, electric chair, hanging, or injection, and that sentence carried out ASAP, or are we made to go thru MORE tax dollars for them to live thru appeal after appeal..??
I guess it all comes down to who’s deciding who is and isn’t a rabid dog.

Not many people wanting to become cops has zero relevance to the question I asked and to which you replied yes. Which is patently ridiculous and fascist. It hasn't got a damn thing to do with anyone's appreciation of cops and the job they are tasked with. I probably have more cop buddies than any non LEO person on this board and the idea that killing a cop is worse than killing anyone else is appalling to me. It's like John Kerry saying the other day that he was too important not to travel around the world in a private jet leaving a huge carbon footprint while he lobbies for the rest of us to ride bikes and spend our life savings to buy electric cars. It's fascist.

Not many people wanting to become cops has zero relevance to the question I asked and to which you replied yes. Which is patently ridiculous and fascist. It hasn't got a damn thing to do with anyone's appreciation of cops and the job they are tasked with. I probably have more cop buddies than any non LEO person on this board and the idea that killing a cop is worse than killing anyone else is appalling to me. It's like John Kerry saying the other day that he was too important not to travel around the world in a private jet leaving a huge carbon footprint while he lobbies for the rest of us to ride bikes and spend our life savings to buy electric cars. It's fascist.
well Bob, you been here a longer time than i.

i have one way of thinking, you have yours.

i like you and respect not only you but everyone else here, even the ones i have on ignore.!!

but i know the area i live in, i may have mentioned a time or two, of the thug life around here, the way "they" get away with things, and the namby-pamby politicians, that only try to appease the "woke BS crowds", rather than to actually do something to making quality of life better, and the and i am sick and tired of it 1,000%.

this is the way i feel, to lay the thugs down like that so-called rabid dog, and be done with them.

well Bob, you been here a longer time than i.

i have one way of thinking, you have yours.

i like you and respect not only you but everyone else here, even the ones i have on ignore.!!

but i know the area i live in, i may have mentioned a time or two, of the thug life around here, the way "they" get away with things, and the namby-pamby politicians, that only try to appease the "woke BS crowds", rather than to actually do something to making quality of life better, and the and i am sick and tired of it 1,000%.

this is the way i feel, to lay the thugs down like that so-called rabid dog, and be done with them.
Born and raised and worked in St. Louis, Missouri my whole life. Watched friends killed by thugs, been shot at by thugs 4 times in the last 5 years. Had to work digging holes in streets with shovels in the summer time with a 3A vest on and a pistol on my hip. I understand your frustration. I don't think creating a system of government that can act without regard to constitutional or human rights at their discretion is an answer.

Back