testtest

Police Shooting

I believe that the criminal element and the those that enable it are overtaking us in numbers, and they all vote. Seems like more and more politicians, prosecutors, and judges look the other way all to often. There has to be a balance. Going to extremes just makes matters worse.

More and more when the news reports a person arrested for whatever grievous crime the story contains the line "He has a long criminal record." or worse "Is currently awaiting trial on another charge". The revolving door (in)justice system needs to stop. 🤬
Memphis (Shelby County) consistently ranks among the top 5 most dangerous cities in the nation. Yet, just recently, they elected a new ultra liberal District Attorney who among other things believes in eliminating bail, criminals up to age 25 are considered juveniles and is willing to let "minor" offenses slide. BTW: his definition of "minor' crimes include robbery and assault.
I believe he got elected because many of his voters may well be or know people participating in his legal system. :(
I fear for our future.

I'm kinda seeing both sides here.
I see the career criminal in our state, (no bond) getting emboldened by the "no consequences" policies of the left. Released time and time again to repeat crimes on the population. But let's take a step back. Everything is a felony charge these days. If you're involved in a bad guy shooting, you might find yourself defending your own life in court. Everything you have ever said, written, bought, subscribed to or associated with will be scrutinized. They will paint you as the "murderous thug" looking for a target of opportunity. A jury of your peers? Gimme a f@#$in break. Your peers, they're working. Your jury will be made up of people who drew the short straw and had nothing better to do, a soccer mom or two, some purple haired pierced leftist tree hugger and a 3rd gen gang banger daddy who lost his son to a good sam.
Brother, be careful what you wish for when condemning others to mob justice. Justice may be blind but she has a pocketbook and rich people skate poor folks make license plates.
On the other side, I hold the lives of dogs to a higher value than people. I've seen too many videos where cops indiscriminately shoot the dogs, oftentimes on leash. So I don't want to hear how "cops are better" they're just citizens with authority. Nothing more, nothing less.
Not trying to start an argument, just sharing my opinion on this subject as I see it. Do I think the bad guy should have been wasted, maybe. That's not for us. That's for the jury of busy bodies.

Seems too many people think the primary reason for prison is for punishment or rehabilitation. It primarily should be a deterrent to crime, which it currently is not. There was a time when shooting or killing a cop had severe consequences in a court of law, not so much today. Therefore there is no deterrent.

"Self government won't work without self discipline." - Paul Harvey

so, you believe a thug out to go to court after injuring, maiming or killing a cop?

i believe they ought to be put down like a rabid dog.

after a thug commits a crime, for all i care any crime, and that person has a lengthy criminal record, we ought to support them at trial time (tax dollars) cloth, feed them medicate them, educate them (while in prison)..??

i say "save us tax payers all that money from coming out of our pockets, and put them down".

they, (the long time criminals) had no compassion, or thoughts about anything but themselves, when they go about their life of crime, killing maiming or injuring thier victims.
So the RIGHT to a jury trial means nothing to you. Police should just be allowed to execute people, Judge Dredd style.

Got it. You definitely do NOT believe in the Constitution.

I don't think the police should start killing subjects unless one has a gun in hand with intentions of firing on them , then they should be fair game.

What should happen is all these liberal judges should be tossed and the death penalty carried out on all criminals that killed without cause. and i mean if they are guilty without a doubt, carry out the death sentence immediately. not put on death row for several years.

I don't think the police should start killing subjects unless one has a gun in hand with intentions of firing on them , then they should be fair game.

What should happen is all these liberal judges should be tossed and the death penalty carried out on all criminals that killed without cause. and i mean if they are guilty without a doubt, carry out the death sentence immediately. not put on death row for several years.
THAT was the intent on what i had said in the beginning..>!

just having a gun in that downed thugs hand, should have been enough got him to be blown away after he shot his cop buddy.

Do you trust the government to get things right?

If you don’t…how in the world could you trust them to get something that is literally life & death correct—that is, the death penalty.

Far too many innocent people have been executed for crimes they did not commit for anyone to actually trust the system to get it right.

I think if the cops are chasing someone who has shot at someone else and/or could be a danger to society at large shooting him would be justifiable. Shooting at a cop and expecting not to get shot for it is ridiculous. I am not talking about apprehending dangerous individuals. I am strictly speaking about criminals who are alive and in custody. Other than that, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

so YOU think the thugs consider or believe in the constitutional rights of thier victims..??
Come on Old Me, that isn't the point and you know it. Of course they don't. And the thugs you are referring to probably do deserve to die. And in a world where mob rules they would die. But in this world, where we HAVE to expect our government to not violate our constitutional rights, state sanctioned execution without benefit of a trial of your peers is bad for ALL OF US, not just the thug who ( possibly deservedly so) gets put down.

Early saturday morning an Alamogordo Police Officer was shot by a scumbag with a sawed off shotgun in the face. This person also was involved in another shooting with police in January of this year. My question is why is that dirt ball out walking the streets? What is wrong with our judges? The officer is alive but but has been transferred to a hospital in Texas in critical condition. The suspect was shot by another Alamogordo Police Officer and is in custody with the New Mexico State Police. Another senseless police shooting! This is a small town but they have not given the name of the officer yet. My neighbor around the corner is a cop and I have not seen his cruiser return home last night, I hope he isn't the one injured. I hope the judge who released this person from the last incident is taking a good look in the mirror this morning because now he knows what an idiot looks like!
As a former resident it hurts to hear this crap going on in a nice little town. I couldn't care less about some guy selling pot, or even driving drunk, getting out on bail. Why are violent criminals getting out?

They should allow the families the right to turn on the electric chair

Why is there no godd@mn popcorn emoji?
I believe in a trial.
I don't believe in roadside execution.
I believe that once the scumbag has surrendered, the threat is neutral. I can't shoot someone in the back and cry "self-defense" so neither can a police officer. Just a citizen with authority, nothing more.
We HAVE TO MAINTAIN THE HIGH GROUND! lest we become them. Then we are the bad people.
Bad guy with gun facing you, valid threat, shoot. Same guy surrendered, no threat, he faces trial. I understand emotions run high, but we're not democrats. We can't let our emotions rule us.

Back