testtest

Post your Saturday night jams ... or your fav music ...

Have got some old Beatles A/V tapes buried someplace. But until then?
Another one and example:

When they settled on the name The Beatles, it was in homage to Buddy Holly's "Crickets". It was also a play on the "Beat" music they ( Not only The Beatles, but all the Mersey bands) were into. Speaking of Mersey bands, I am friends with a guy named Chris Huston. You may not recognize the name, but he was a guitar player with The Undertakers, another Mersey band who were much more popular than The Beatles before they (The Beatles) went to Hamburg. Chris also was a producer in the LA area in the late 60s and 70s. Among some of his credits are Led Zeppelin II. These days he's a ( very conservative I'll add) studio designer based in Tennesee. His daughter and her husband are both decorated combat pilots with tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I feel like I'm telling you things you already know Bob, but you may not know this about me, I am a massive Beatles fan. In fact the only other web forum I belong to is one dedicated to The Beatles and more specifically the gear ( guitars, amps, recording stuff) they used.

When they settled on the name The Beatles, it was in homage to Buddy Holly's "Crickets". It was also a play on the "Beat" music they ( Not only The Beatles, but all the Mersey bands) were into. Speaking of Mersey bands, I am friends with a guy named Chris Huston. You may not recognize the name, but he was a guitar player with The Undertakers, another Mersey band who were much more popular than The Beatles before they (The Beatles) went to Hamburg. Chris also was a producer in the LA area in the late 60s and 70s. Among some of his credits are Led Zeppelin II. These days he's a ( very conservative I'll add) studio designer based in Tennesee. His daughter and her husband are both decorated combat pilots with tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I feel like I'm telling you things you already know Bob, but you may not know this about me, I am a massive Beatles fan. In fact the only other web forum I belong to is one dedicated to The Beatles and more specifically the gear ( guitars, amps, recording stuff) they used.
Nope, I didn't know! Beatles? Must be a Bob thing? :) Sounds pretty cool! I did know some of the Mersey stuff at one time. Names are sort of familiar and ring a bell. Yes, am or I guess was into Beatle's pretty heavy too. Not sure sometimes, but crank 'em when hear 'em. On some Beatle things, I forget. Has been awhile. Much's packed away in storage including some of my memories. :) Been a fan of Led Zeppelin since they 1st came out too. Was heavy into vinyl records and recording at one time. Lot of Beatles. Not into Butchers cover stuff though. I mainly collected records for music. Some for album art. Not for money. Just a hobby on steroids. You really do not want to know how heavy records are. Used to weigh them by the pound to count. On instruments, I dabbled a bit here and there. Always liked Rickenbacker guitars. Was in an old garage band years ago. Still have some stuff, but not much. Got into horns instead because liked the sound. Then, heavy personal things came up. Many things got blown out of the water.- Nothing would wish on anyone. Stuff happens sometimes like a long and winding road? Yes, I guess the Beatles are still there? :)

Nope, I didn't know! Beatles? Must be a Bob thing? :) Sounds pretty cool! I did know some of the Mersey stuff at one time. Names are sort of familiar and ring a bell. Yes, am or I guess was into Beatle's pretty heavy too. Not sure sometimes, but crank 'em when hear 'em. On some Beatle things, I forget. Has been awhile. Much's packed away in storage including some of my memories. :) Been a fan of Led Zeppelin since they 1st came out too. Was heavy into vinyl records and recording at one time. Lot of Beatles. Not into Butchers cover stuff though. I mainly collected records for music. Some for album art. Not for money. Just a hobby on steroids. You really do not want to know how heavy records are. Used to weigh them by the pound to count. On instruments, I dabbled a bit here and there. Always liked Rickenbacker guitars. Was in an old garage band years ago. Still have some stuff, but not much. Got into horns instead because liked the sound. Then, heavy personal things came up. Many things got blown out of the water.- Nothing would wish on anyone. Stuff happens sometimes like a long and winding road? Yes, I guess the Beatles are still there? :)
Oh I know. Jhad boxes and boxes of vinyl until the flood. Some rare and valuable stuff too. Like number #338 of 1000 hand signed copies of JD Blackfoot live in St. Louis. That one was pretty rare.

One of my main basses is a 1974 Rickenbacker 4001. I've had it since the early 80s. I've been offered 5 times what I paid for it.

Oh I know. Jhad boxes and boxes of vinyl until the flood. Some rare and valuable stuff too. Like number #338 of 1000 hand signed copies of JD Blackfoot live in St. Louis. That one was pretty rare.

One of my main basses is a 1974 Rickenbacker 4001. I've had it since the early 80s. I've been offered 5 times what I paid for it.
Sometimes life gets pretty rough. Floods of many types sort out many things for us? Records? Used to keep up on record values while researching other data. Some data is pretty surprising info? You likely know what Butcher covers are worth, right? Was the 1st Beatles album saw when 1st released that passed on by because of the jacket. Am still not fond of jacket. But, sometimes in retrospect should have bought the whole lot in stock. If remember right @ $10 - $11 each. Have had a few signed copies of various artists. Nice jog to old memorys. Picture discs or unique shaped discs are pretty cool too. Collected 45's, 33's and 78 RPM records. May be surprising there's a lot of good tunes on 78's. Like old rhythm and blues and very early rock. Turntables, reel to reel, cassettes, CD's, ect? Whole different world sometimes? Always enjoyed electronics. Built a few amps, computers, rebuilt some guitars over the years. Fun stuff! Good choice on very nice guitar! It's a keeper for sure! Mine are all gone now. Sometimes values change?

On "Bassbob" handle? 1st thoughts? Either into Bass fishing or Bass guitars? Possibly both? Either way's cool! Besides, it's usually easier to tune a guitar than tuna fish? May have dated myself there with that old pun? :)

Sometimes life gets pretty rough. Floods of many types sort out many things for us? Records? Used to keep up on record values while researching other data. Some data is pretty surprising info? You likely know what Butcher covers are worth, right? Was the 1st Beatles album saw when 1st released that passed on by because of the jacket. Am still not fond of jacket. But, sometimes in retrospect should have bought the whole lot in stock. If remember right @ $10 - $11 each. Have had a few signed copies of various artists. Nice jog to old memorys. Picture discs or unique shaped discs are pretty cool too. Collected 45's, 33's and 78 RPM records. May be surprising there's a lot of good tunes on 78's. Like old rhythm and blues and very early rock. Turntables, reel to reel, cassettes, CD's, ect? Whole different world sometimes? Always enjoyed electronics. Built a few amps, computers, rebuilt some guitars over the years. Fun stuff! Good choice on very nice guitar! It's a keeper for sure! Mine are all gone now. Sometimes values change?

On "Bassbob" handle? 1st thoughts? Either into Bass fishing or Bass guitars? Possibly both? Either way's cool! Besides, it's usually easier to tune a guitar than tuna fish? May have dated myself there with that old pun? :)
Definitely Bassbob. I've built and repaired more guitars and basses than I can count. I am also a guitar/bass tech for several local musicians and until recently when I sold all my PA gear I was a sound engineer for local bands as well.

And that Butcher cover is worth a fortune.

Here's a picture disc for Anni? :)
Mad Tribe - Out of this World // Limited Edition of 300 ...

Definitely Bassbob. I've built and repaired more guitars and basses than I can count. I am also a guitar/bass tech for several local musicians and until recently when I sold all my PA gear I was a sound engineer for local bands as well.

And that Butcher cover is worth a fortune.
That works on Bassbob then! Sounds pretty cool!
Have some old sound boards and equalizers buried away someplace. Is about it besides some old Altec Lansing satellite speakers. Beatles Butcher covers/jackets come in grades, you likely know? None here, would've sold long ago.

That works on Bassbob then! Sounds pretty cool!
Have some old sound boards and equalizers buried away someplace. Is about it besides some old Altec Lansing satellite speakers. Beatles Butcher covers/jackets come in grades, you likely know? None here, would've sold long ago.
I sold a pair of Altec Lansing VOT ( Voice of Theatre) 15" 2 way boxes that were used ( They were 2 of the 3 used) for one of The Rolling Stones " Retirement" shows in Kansas City. The fact that they only used 3 of these gives you some idea as to their size.

My last system, which I sold dirt cheap, was all powered stuff. A pair of Yorkville LS801Ps which I paid $1300 a piece for and a pair of Yamaha DSR12s which I paid $900 a piece for. The Yorkie Subs were outstanding. And the Yamahas are the most crystal clear high output boxes I've ever heard. Even pushed into the red all night long they sounded brilliant for voice, guitars and cymbals. I sold them along with a rack of outboard gear and an Allen And Heath MixWiz 16 for $1500. Then I bought my first AR and a VP9.

Little early but I'll kick it off with a few Guinness and this Allan Toussant classic ( Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley) first recorded by Lee Dorsey, then Ringo Starr and finally perfected in this medley by Robert Palmer. Backing band was most of The Meters and Lowell George ( Little Feat).

I can't count how many times I've watched this video.

Back