testtest

Potent Potables (aka What’s your poison?)

First glass .. EH
2nd .. had to go full bore…
Guess I could have bought a few Daniel Defense instead 🧐😉

IMG_5374.jpeg

Supposed to be sunny and warm (39 degrees...but southern exposure makes our deck feel about 20 degrees warmer with the sun), so I might just have to try this too. I'm not much for gin but it sounds mighty refreshing 😋
There is a massive difference in gins. It's less noticeable in a gin-aid, but you still don't want to use crappy gin. My personal favorite for cocktails that involve fruit or citrus is Hendricks, but Bombay Sapphire is an excellent choice as well. Bombay Sapphire is my favorite gin and the best all around for anything from gin and tonics to world class martinis.

There is a massive difference in gins. It's less noticeable in a gin-aid, but you still don't want to use crappy gin. My personal favorite for cocktails that involve fruit or citrus is Hendricks, but Bombay Sapphire is an excellent choice as well. Bombay Sapphire is my favorite gin and the best all around for anything from gin and tonics to world class martinis.
I stand by my Brokers

IMG_5434.jpeg

There are several top shelf gins. And several acceptable gins. And many absolutely horrid, tastes like someone made it in a bathtub in 1930 gins. I consider Beefeater an acceptable gin. I usually order it in unfamiliar restaurants because I see no reason to pay a premium for what is most likely going to be a subpar martini. The Beefeater in the red bottle is better.

How does this "London Dry" compare to Beefeater ?

Back