testtest

Potent Potables (aka What’s your poison?)

There are several top shelf gins. And several acceptable gins. And many absolutely horrid, tastes like someone made it in a bathtub in 1930 gins. I consider Beefeater an acceptable gin. I usually order it in unfamiliar restaurants because I see no reason to pay a premium for what is most likely going to be a subpar martini. The Beefeater in the red bottle is better.

How does this "London Dry" compare to Beefeater ?
This gin blows the standard “non cucumber, flower petal” fruity stupid gins away.

Brokers was founded by the Ex CEO of British Petroleum from a recipe from the early 1800’s .
Brokers uses only the finest top end herbs/botanical from around the world.
Its flavor profile is amazingly complex

IMG_3671.jpeg
A nice, local DIPA (Cari Me Home, Foxhole Brewery).

Made the monthly Costco run…time for lunch.

IMG_3672.jpeg
Stop number two. New start-up that’s really nailing it right out of the gate…

This is a kick-ass Pils—and I say that as someone who is not a huge fan of pilsners.

For someplace that’s only been open for a few months, they hit on all cylinders (they’ve got a coffee cream ale—yeah, that sounds crazy, but….it’s SPECTACULAR. Seriously. It’s become my favorite breakfast beer in very little time).

View attachment 53771Stop number two. New start-up that’s really nailing it right out of the gate…

This is a kick-ass Pils—and I say that as someone who is not a huge fan of pilsners.

For someplace that’s only been open for a few months, they hit on all cylinders (they’ve got a coffee cream ale—yeah, that sounds crazy, but….it’s SPECTACULAR. Seriously. It’s become my favorite breakfast beer in very little time).
I have tried a coffee ale, I think Surly made it. It was pretty good. I’ll have to look up this one.

It’s about time for hubby and me to go check out some more kraft breweries. So many new ones popping up all over. You’re in a good area for that sort of thing.

It’s about time for hubby and me to go check out some more kraft breweries. So many new ones popping up all over. You’re in a good area for that sort of thing.
Craft is on a huge decline.
We just closed out 140 SKU’s of various craft beers from about 12 breweries. Hundreds upon hundreds of cases
Every craft has their top seller,
( their “schtick) , then they all have an ale, IPA, lager,etc to not be a one trick pony. Well all that orher stuff doesn't sell. Everyone wants their one great beer they are great at.
So all these breweries are now one trick ponies

Craft is on a huge decline.
We just closed out 140 SKU’s of various craft beers from about 12 breweries. Hundreds upon hundreds of cases
Every craft has their top seller,
( their “schtick) , then they all have an ale, IPA, lager,etc to not be a one trick pony. Well all that orher stuff doesn't sell. Everyone wants their one great beer they are great at.
So all these breweries are now one trick ponies
I think for the crafts that got big, you are spot-on. They have their flagship line, and get some attention on spin-offs (New Belgium’s Voodoo Ranger line is a prime example).

But…

I look at local micro and even nano breweries.

They are never going to get anything more than a local following…and they’re ok with that.

There’s some spectacular beers coming out from these guys…you just have to take the time to find them.

Honestly—most if the beer I drink is brewed within 100 miles of me.

I think for the crafts that got big, you are spot-on. They have their flagship line, and get some attention on spin-offs (New Belgium’s Voodoo Ranger line is a prime example).

But…

I look at local micro and even nano breweries.

They are never going to get anything more than a local following…and they’re ok with that.

There’s some spectacular beers coming out from these guys…you just have to take the time to find them.

Honestly—most if the beer I drink is brewed within 100 miles of me.
All the local Dallas-Ft Worth crafts are having the same issue. Some big hitters… their top beer sells. Rest just sit.

All the local Dallas-Ft Worth crafts are having the same issue. Some big hitters… their top beer sells. Rest just sit.
Absolutely; MN has some big boys—Summit, Surly. Castle Danger, Schell’s…

I don’t tend to drink them; I acknowledge that they make good beer, but…they’re the big dogs, and they tend to rest on their laurels.

Meanwhile, I went to three local breweries—Foxhole, Intuition, and Goat Ridge—and had a Doppelbock that gives anything out of Germany a run for its money, a fruited sour that was spot-on, and a Norwegian farmhouse ale that amazed me.

The small guys are pushing the boundaries.

Bigger is not always better.

Found two good selections today.
1000001537.jpg

1000001529.jpg

I've been on the hunt for a high octane tequila for awhile now, today I found it in another city.
The G4 my local liquor store got in yesterday. It must be real good, it's not real pricey at $40 a bottle yet they must keep it behind a locked door.

Back