testtest

Potent Potables (aka What’s your poison?)

Just returned home after a trip to VT with a case of Alchemy Brewing's Heady Topper which claimed 1st Prize in the International Brewing Festival 2 years ago. It's so hard to get, even there, that their app shows where the trucks are delivering in real time. Still took me 2 stops to get a full case. It must be kept cold so I'm glad I took my cooler! It's in 16 oz. cans and they suggest you drink from the can for full flavor. It's a Double IPA, 8% ABV and absolutely delicious! Also picked up 2 4 packs of their Focal Banger Hazy IPA 7% ABV in 16 oz. cans (their 1st brew) which is a bit lighter, which you also drink from the can, and must be kept cold. Also a great beer! Need to take a second cooler on my next visit.

Edit to add Focal Banger info

Last edited:
Chilling after a rough, no hogs down day 😡
5CD5BB95-0768-4026-9DB3-CA90D762165D.jpeg

I went looking for some stuff like that when a good friend turned 50 that stuff is not cheap I think I ended paying like 125 to 150 bucks and a lot of the good brands they were out of you had to order it And what I payed was considered normal expensive hobby
I literally stumbled on it a local store.

I bought two bottles, one for me, one for a buddy.

This is going to be special events only.

Tried something different last night, a drink I had read about on Mike Rowe's Facebook a while ago, a Clint. Not bad, something interesting and different. Found the old post, very interesting inventor

Tried something different last night, a drink I had read about on Mike Rowe's Facebook a while ago, a Clint. Not bad, something interesting and different. Found the old post, very interesting inventor

Started reading his book, and had another Clint tonight. Interesting drink, book, and man.

It won't become a standby, but its something different.

There's a current crisis here in Virginia. The state run liquor stores are struggling to keep liquor on their shelves due to supply chain disruptions. The state claims glass bottles and raw materials are in short supply coupled with transportation issues. Anyone seeing similar issues where they live?

Back