testtest

Precision Rifle Choice

I shoot Tikka (308 & 223), Weatherby Vanguard Lite (300 Win Mag), Remington (30.06). The .223 is the only one that has a bull barrel. I had a Howa 1500 300 Win Mag (Bull Barrel) that was stolen that was spot on @ 300yrds. If you get into range rifle shooting IMO the bull barrel is a must. As was mentioned before the optics can be what takes the cost deep in the pockets.

As much as i enjoy learning from others we have enough ND/AD stories. Not about to recommend a 700, besides you need to spend another $1k to get them right.

Tikka & Bergara are pretty good too. Look up the BA 13. I ran across one in Europe and fell in love with it. Its too bad they dont import them here.

Any who, back to my candy stick.

https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/elite-308-sniper/

Great article on the Steyr Elite.
Heres a pic of a 3 round group @ 1011yds on a 12x12 inch target. The other 2 shots were just off to right. (Nosler 168 Custom Competition)View attachment 1654View attachment 1655View attachment 1656
I'm up with the cc's also. I have them in most of my calibers!

My shooting partner shoots F class competition. He started out with a Savage Target in 6.5 Creedmore. That thing is amazingly accurate. He recently bought a Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmore and seems happy with it.
My son built me a Remington 700 in 308 blueprinted and glass bedded, with target stock and Jared target trigger. This is my long range gun and groups MOA out to 500 meters (550 yds) when I do my part.

The Thompson LRR is pretty awesome for the price
You get a rifle built by the Smith and Wesson performance center and its pretty smooth
The 6.5 creedmoor has really nice coefficients and very predictable
I think you can find one for about $850-$900 online if you do your home work
The fully adjustable stock for that price is what drew me in

The Thompson LRR is pretty awesome for the price
You get a rifle built by the Smith and Wesson performance center and its pretty smooth
The 6.5 creedmoor has really nice coefficients and very predictable
I think you can find one for about $850-$900 online if you do your home work
The fully adjustable stock for that price is what drew me in
I'll look into the Thompson the price sounds right for me to break into precision rifle and I could spend more on a decent scope. Thanks for the suggestion!

Where did you get the Night Force from? I've been using Nikon's fx1000s on everything. I'm very happy with them.
I’ll have to check & get back to you. I know it was on sale, maybe Optics Planet? I’m offsite & will check when I get home. But I can tell you it wasn’t the NF ATACR, which cost like 3K+

Let me know how it goes. I found a 1250 yard range near me. I'm pretty comfortable with .308 at a lot of distances but .7 miles is pushing it. I think a .338 is called for.
Unfortunately the furthest distance range around me is 200 yards, I’d like to get some property to get to greater distance. Since 338 Lapua is up to 2000 yards, I doubt I’ll be able to get that far, but maybe 1500

Where did you get the Night Force from? I've been using Nikon's fx1000s on everything. I'm very happy with them.
I believe this is the model I purchased. I’m using Optics Planet’s link as example. I’m thinking this is where I got it.

I believe this is the model I purchased. I’m using Optics Planet’s link as example. I’m thinking this is where I got it.

That looks like a nice scope! Optics Planet has an 11% off code on that link also. I've bought quite a few things from them and I'm very happy with the service.

Back