testtest

Preemptive strike from the ATF to FFL?

P

Pro Digy

We know this has been on the agenda to punish and close FFL even at the first minor "offence", too bad that energy and enforcement isn't applied to crime, but that's another subject (or is it?). But here goes step #1 of the wave of punishment, the preemptive "we told you so" letter. Since everything is digital, it is so much easier to fabricate excuses and evidence for abuse...

Screenshot 2023-03-17 094557.png

I got one too. Would be interested to know if only people who applied for a tax stamp got the email. If you did not ever apply for a tax stamp, how did they get your email address?

For those of us that did apply for a tax stamp, be thankful that you got the email. If your email address bounced, what do you want to bet that the feds will follow up with an investigation and/or violation for providing false information.

So what that is: SOT dealers have been filling out customers form 4's for them. The damn website does not work half the time, so to help customers out dealers will get customers user names and PIN numbers. They will then when it is time to certify at the end, will fill in the FFL in the customers user name and pin (effectively signing for the customer).

Now we have had dozens of them that where you will get through the whole process and just need to "final sign" both customer and dealer and the damn website will not work. It would take a week of trying to finally getting the submit to work, each time the customer has to return to the store, you have to go through as long as 30 min process to get. back to the end submit. Both we and the customer enter in the credentials and hit submit to only have the website time out.

I could see how some store would just say let me get your user and PIN number and I will get it submitted when the website cooperates. Forgot the name of the dealer but they did this for hundreds of customers and the ATF caught wind of it. They revoked the FFL, canceled all of the form 4's The Dealer had to pay for new 200 tax stamps, transfer fees to a new dealer and the customers had to start all over.

So what that is: SOT dealers have been filling out customers form 4's for them. The damn website does not work half the time, so to help customers out dealers will get customers user names and PIN numbers. They will then when it is time to certify at the end, will fill in the FFL in the customers user name and pin (effectively signing for the customer).

Now we have had dozens of them that where you will get through the whole process and just need to "final sign" both customer and dealer and the damn website will not work. It would take a week of trying to finally getting the submit to work, each time the customer has to return to the store, you have to go through as long as 30 min process to get. back to the end submit. Both we and the customer enter in the credentials and hit submit to only have the website time out.

I could see how some store would just say let me get your user and PIN number and I will get it submitted when the website cooperates. Forgot the name of the dealer but they did this for hundreds of customers and the ATF caught wind of it. They revoked the FFL, canceled all of the form 4's The Dealer had to pay for new 200 tax stamps, transfer fees to a new dealer and the customers had to start all over.

Yep, that's what I hear from my Range too... When I did my last certification, we had to do it 3 times over the course of a week before it worked, website either didn't work at all or died in the middle of the transaction...

So i still have to find an FFL to do more paperwork on the SBR form, lol it sure was a lot easier way back then when the gun dealer done all the work.

“Failure to abide…a suspension of access…and Disapproval of past submissions.”

One has to wonder how far back they’ll revoke approvals for the FFL that slips up tomorrow …And could this be one of the ATF’s latest secret-shopper tactic?

You have to fill out another 4473, just for the dealer to check that they do not need to fill out a new background 4473. Your litterally filling it out to say you don’t need to fill it out.
What a hassle, i thought after you done it all online and paid somebody to take your fingerprints and picture to send electronically they checked it out and sent the approval. i understand if you was buying a suppressor or machine gun where they kept it till the approval came to them. i thought the approval would come to me and all i had to do was print it out to carry it with me to shoot the gun. sheesh, what a headache. lol

This is the kind of thing that makes most people not do any NFA stuff.
Yep, too much a hassle. The old way before internet was to buy the gun and he filled the paperwork out and gave you two fingerprint cards you had to take to sheriffs department and get inked, then take back to dealer and he takes your pic and puts it all in an envelope and you mailed it. when he got your paperwork back with a stamp on it you could come get the gun.

What a hassle, i thought after you done it all online and paid somebody to take your fingerprints and picture to send electronically they checked it out and sent the approval. i understand if you was buying a suppressor or machine gun where they kept it till the approval came to them. i thought the approval would come to me and all i had to do was print it out to carry it with me to shoot the gun. sheesh, what a headache. lol
Oh if you do a do form 1 yourself yes thats how it works. What I was describing was the form 4 where you go through a dealer.

Back