testtest

Questions on Hellcat

Snow76

Alpha
My current everyday carry around humans is a SigSauer P365xl, it has been a trusted and reliable piece of gear. Recently my son, aged 50, has decided that he will take the classes and start carrying. I am thinking of giving him my Sig and going to a hellcat. Since there are tons of young grandchildren running around I am a bit worried and would like a manual safety. Is that a possibiliTy on the Hellcat? Also if I go with the threaded barrel and use a compensator do I need a different set of springs like I had to replace on the Sig?

My current everyday carry around humans is a SigSauer P365xl, it has been a trusted and reliable piece of gear. Recently my son, aged 50, has decided that he will take the classes and start carrying. I am thinking of giving him my Sig and going to a hellcat. Since there are tons of young grandchildren running around I am a bit worried and would like a manual safety. Is that a possibiliTy on the Hellcat? Also if I go with the threaded barrel and use a compensator do I need a different set of springs like I had to replace on the Sig?
Yes, manual safety is an option.

Just a get a Hellcat RDP and you’ll be set up with a comp already.

If you have not, try holding and shooting the Hellcat before buying. I greatly preferred the feel of the p375xl in hand and that was the deciding factor between the two.

Hellcat® Pro OSP™ 9mm Handgun w/ Manual Safety​

HCP9379BOSPMS_L.jpg

Unfortunatel or fortunately I live in a little town in central Idaho. The closest “gun dealer” is in our local grocery store. The next gun range where I could rent and shoot a Hellcat is about 2 1/2 hours away. I have several full sized ,45 and a 10mm from Springfield and thought about changing my EDC. Sounds like it may not be the “best” option.

I have a 365 XL and a hellcat Pro they both have the same basic footprint but the hellcat is a tad thinner in the grip than a 365 which is noticeable when you have big hands and the guns are small as is. The recoil is pretty much the same between the two as far as I'm concerned you just have to pay attention to how you grip it if you have big hands but otherwise they both can work.

I have a 365 XL and a hellcat Pro they both have the same basic footprint but the hellcat is a tad thinner in the grip than a 365 which is noticeable when you have big hands and the guns are small as is. The recoil is pretty much the same between the two as far as I'm concerned you just have to pay attention to how you grip it if you have big hands but otherwise they both can work.
Have you looked into Hogue or Pachmayr grips for both pistols❓

I never understood buying a micro 1" gun with a thin profile if you have big hands hands thus need to add girth to the grip that was purposely designed to be thinner than a double stack grip.

I held but never fired the P365. I own a Hellcat that I'm perfectly fine with.. The only reason I purchased it was because I found one used LNIB for a great price. All things being equal, the company and aftermarket support for the P365 is much better, so the P365 would be my choice. Sig seems to support their products more and discontinue them less than Springfield.

Last edited:
Not a lot of access to handle a hellcat, guess that means the next time I am in Boise it will include a visit to a gun shop. Is there a version of the Hellcat that comes with a manual safety, a compensator and a red dot? And how is the red dot that is shipped with the hellcat? I didn’t like the battery life or how to change the battery on the sig and replaced the red dot.

Not a lot of access to handle a hellcat, guess that means the next time I am in Boise it will include a visit to a gun shop. Is there a version of the Hellcat that comes with a manual safety, a compensator and a red dot? And how is the red dot that is shipped with the hellcat? I didn’t like the battery life or how to change the battery on the sig and replaced the red dot.
Do you have gun shows ❓

Red dots that ship with SA guns are usually Hex and I would avoid them at all costs.

Back