testtest

Questions on Sig P320

Thinking I might get one. It has to be a M17 because I want one with a safety on this model. Anyone own one and do you like it. Thanks
IMG_0823.jpeg
Got one, great pistol, also love the 21 round mags....you can't go wrong with it.

I have 6 of them, I don't tell that often, it sounds erudite. I think it's a great pistol. Mine are all the P320 model. The main difference's with the M17 is that the metal in the slide is thicker, and it has M17 stamped on the side. Military 9MM is loaded to NATO specs, commercial like +P rounds.
I have RDS's on five of them of them. I tried Wilson's grip module and found it not my cup of tea. The best grip for my hand is Sig's large X-Grip. I have one Romeo 1, two Romeo 1 Pro's, two Delta Point Pro's. The Romeo 1 is on an older X5, it was made before the Romeo 1 Pro was sold. I bought it and then sold, and then bought it again a few years later. The only one that is left un-molested is an X-Compact, I do sometimes carry it.

Well, went to order one today at LGS. While I was there a couple of GI's walked in and got to talking to them. Both of them were assigned to Security Forces and when I asked them how they liked the M17 and was going to order one they looked at each other and more or less told me to not get one. They said they could not tell me what the problem was but that the Air Force was having problems with them and gate guards have been switched back to carrying the Beretta until there is a resolution. I didn't think the military was having problems but now I know different. like I said they could not tell me the issues but might be severe if using the Beretta. So I held off on it and just might get the HK VP9 instead. HK is a little more expensive than the Sig. Full size HK in black with 3 magazines is $799 at LGS. Is that a decent price? So until then Sig is off my radar

Well, went to order one today at LGS. While I was there a couple of GI's walked in and got to talking to them. Both of them were assigned to Security Forces and when I asked them how they liked the M17 and was going to order one they looked at each other and more or less told me to not get one. They said they could not tell me what the problem was but that the Air Force was having problems with them and gate guards have been switched back to carrying the Beretta until there is a resolution. I didn't think the military was having problems but now I know different. like I said they could not tell me the issues but might be severe if using the Beretta. So I held off on it and just might get the HK VP9 instead. HK is a little more expensive than the Sig. Full size HK in black with 3 magazines is $799 at LGS. Is that a decent price? So until then Sig is off my radar
I haven’t heard any issues with the M17, plus I would need more then just a couple of military personnel to change my mind, personally I don’t like HK VP9, had one, didn’t care for it period, only HK I liked was the old USP40 I had years ago, sold it to a deputy to use as his duty gun, just not a HK fan, I have had no issues with my M17, as I’m sure @KillerFord1977 and @SimonRL will tell you the same, but getting the HK is up to you, you will be the one shooting it, so hopefully you will like it

That’s the first I have heard of USAF having problems with the M17. I’m sure that would be all over Sig Talk and I spend a lot of time there. Personally, I like the VP9 better than the M17 (I’ve bought four of them this year). The HK fits my hand really well and I find it really easy to shoot in tactical drills. My FNs are the ones that have pushed the M17 off the starter’s bench. There’s nothing wrong with the M17, I’ve just moved away from it. If you shop around online you can find great deals on the VP9. I picked up a new VP9 OR recently for less than $550.

They could have a numbskull for an armorer on base as well.

The M17, FN and HK VP9 are all excellent guns.
It will boil down to your personal preference.
Each has its great pros and cons.
Can you go shoot some rentals ?

The M17, FN and HK VP9 are all excellent guns.
It will boil down to your personal preference.
Each has its great pros and cons.
Can you go shoot some rentals ?
Exactly. They’re all great guns. Or, if you’re That Guy, they’re all striker-fired, plastic demon spawn.

I hit the range this afternoon. Here’s my FN 509T - top middle, VP9 bottom middle and my AP5P top left and right at 15 yds. They’ll all hurt your feelings

IMG_6204.jpeg

If they went back to the Beretta, if you remember years ago the 92F had slides break in half and come back into shooters face, Beretta made a modification to the slide and now the 92F are designated 92FS, the S is for the slide retention modification they made to it, this was well publicized, still can’t find anything about the M17….🤔🤔

Maybe the cracked frames/grip module?

Back