testtest

Review: HEX Dragonfly Red Dot

Agree
A side-mounted battery compartment on the Dragonfly would have been another great option. Why do some of the dot sight makers place these compartments on the bottom of their housings?
Agree, to change the battery you need to remove and then must re-calibrate the sight for point of aim.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "Review: HEX Dragonfly Red Dot" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/review-hex-dragonfly-red-dot/.

I appreciate the review however unfortunately and understandably they didn’t talk about the negatives for the Hex line which includes the wasp. I looked into dot optics after buying my XDM Elite 3.8 10mm since the slide is ready to accept one however according to Springfield’s website it’s only ready to mate up with 4 of the dozens on the market. One thing not mentioned is the flicker of the dot due to its refresh rate and the Hex Wasp suffers greatly from this. The bottom line is I’ll wait for them to get better.

I appreciate the review however unfortunately and understandably they didn’t talk about the negatives for the Hex line which includes the wasp. I looked into dot optics after buying my XDM Elite 3.8 10mm since the slide is ready to accept one however according to Springfield’s website it’s only ready to mate up with 4 of the dozens on the market. One thing not mentioned is the flicker of the dot due to its refresh rate and the Hex Wasp suffers greatly from this. The bottom line is I’ll wait for them to get better.

Buy a plate, then buy a Delta Point Pro.

Pricy and according to website the “best seller” doesn’t fit on my hand gun.
It does if you buy the adaptor plate.

It is pricy, but it is combat proven and arguably the best RDMS available.

With the right adapter plate you could put a Vortex Venom on it. I have one. It’s a solid unit. My only complaint is it isn’t shake awake.

At any rate there are options available that don’t include the problems with these red dots. You just gotta get the right adaptor plate.

It does if you buy the adaptor plate.

It is pricy, but it is combat proven and arguably the best RDMS available.

With the right adapter plate you could put a Vortex Venom on it. I have one. It’s a solid unit. My only complaint is it isn’t shake awake.

At any rate there are options available that don’t include the problems with these red dots. You just gotta get the right adaptor plate.
Thanks I’ll continue to look and research my options. I do like the proven ruggedness and although I’m extremely careful with my weapons 💩 happens.

A daily carry gun is one of those things that money should not influence decisions you make regarding functionality and reliability.
I’m sorry but I disagree on that statement, if I’m going to spend any amount of money on my EDC then I want it perform at a high level including reliability since it would be on a gun I’m trusting to be accurate when I need it.

I’m sorry but I disagree on that statement, if I’m going to spend any amount of money on my EDC then I want it perform at a high level including reliability since it would be on a gun I’m trusting to be accurate when I need it.
Maybe read my post again brother. That’s pretty much exactly what I said. In a nutshell, you shouldn’t settle for something just to save money when your ass is on the line.

Back