testtest

Review: The Ronin EMP

Nice looking pistol, but as with other manufacturers today, only 1 mag, my opinion, should include 2 since this pistol use a Proprietary magazine, just my thoughts even if raise the MSRP some.

Agree Anni, 2 mags are a good thing at minimum. Then, when and if the one mag that comes with gun gets damaged somehow? Even if it's not a proprietary mag, even the non proprietary mags can be difficult coming by at times and can raise some issues. - it has happened to me more than once with finding more or less generic 1911 45ACP mags.

- Not all of us are in places or positions where things are always available or in any quantity. Even in larger cities, where many things are usually more available, look what the ammo crunch did in many places regardless of size? And, mfg's can usually get an initial savings on mags to pass on to buyer too.

On the plus side, SA usually gives a significant discount on parts including mags when registering firearms and that helps, but in the meantime until then? Who knows, is a reason for everything?

Agree Anni, 2 mags are a good thing at minimum. Then, when and if the one mag that comes with gun gets damaged somehow? Even if it's not a proprietary mag, even the non proprietary mags can be difficult coming by at times and can raise some issues. - it has happened to me more than once with finding more or less generic 1911 45ACP mags.

- Not all of us are in places or positions where things are always available or in any quantity. Even in larger cities, where many things are usually more available, look what the ammo crunch did in many places regardless of size? And, mfg's can usually get an initial savings on mags to pass on to buyer too.

On the plus side, SA usually gives a significant discount on parts including mags when registering firearms and that helps, but in the meantime until then? Who knows, is a reason for everything?
I’m a firm believer in using factory mags in my guns, just me I guess, they have always worked fine.

I’m a firm believer in using factory mags in my guns, just me I guess, they have always worked fine.

As much as possible and especially with CC, here too. Can eliminate issues before they begin and they're usually more dependable. All mags here are factory except where not able to or is very prohibitive. For range or practice, some other mags can be fine. Range time can eat up ammo quick and not having to reload as often at a range can be a good thing. Having and carrying two spare mags is a general minimum for many people. Some people are known to have numerous mags and consider having at least 10 minimum. With prices and availability being what they can be at times, who's to say what's best for who all the time? But, with CC or public OC I'd consider factory mags the best usual choice.

Big fan of SA guns and service. Have two old, well worn 5" 1911's in .45ACP with about 100K between the two of them. But because of their size I'm carrying an SR1911 Officer Model by Ruger (ugh!) only 25 oz. empty with a 3.6" barrel. Have a total of five 1911 platform pistols. I like this new little 3" incher but there is no place I'm ever going to touch one unless I buy it. Also what's this about an EDC gun shipping with only one magazine. (Boo!)

Why is it impossible for SA to sell a 1911 without front strap stippling! Especially for conceal carry! very frustrating SA puts out these firearms with that simple feature!

Back