testtest

Review: XD OSP Slide Conversion Kits

Just ordered the slide+barrel kit for my 5" Tactical 9mm. Really looking forward to trying this out! Since I'm from the crazy state of CA, my options for newer handguns that most of you have access to elsewhere are almost non-existent so this seems like an excellent compromise.

I'm researching optics now, any suggestions?
I'm currently using a Holosun 508T GR X2 (Titanium housing with green dot), MRDS on my Glock. It replaced my 507C GR V2, both are green 2 MOA dots but also have the option of a 32 MOA Circle, Or Circle & dot.

Pending arrival of my new Springfield OSP slide for my XD9, then I will install the 508T on my XD9. So far I've had good luck with Holosun MRDS's.

Just ordered the slide+barrel kit for my 5" Tactical 9mm. Really looking forward to trying this out! Since I'm from the crazy state of CA, my options for newer handguns that most of you have access to elsewhere are almost non-existent so this seems like an excellent compromise.

I'm researching optics now, any suggestions?
I'm also "Behind the Lines" in Commiefornia, so I find this option a great deal for us folks stuck in Commiefornia. Still cheaper than having our slides milled and the slide refinished!!!

I'm currently using a Holosun 508T GR X2 (Titanium housing with green dot), MRDS on my Glock. It replaced my 507C GR V2, both are green 2 MOA dots but also have the option of a 32 MOA Circle, Or Circle & dot.

Pending arrival of my new Springfield OSP slide for my XD9, then I will install the 508T on my XD9. So far I've had good luck with Holosun MRDS's.

Kit arrived yesterday, as expected it's a perfect fit, took all of 10 seconds to swap out my 5" assembly.

I'm eyeing Holosun EPS models right now. I'd like to co-witness so base height is of major consideration.

BTW, for anyone considering this... the kit comes with SA OSP adapter plate #2 (part #XD5071). The adapter plate partner number is not listed on SA store as of today, still, but if you look close you can see #2 in the picture. I ended up ordering RMR plate XD5073 that takes Holosun and Trijicon optics.... should've bought it at the same time as the kit to save $10 in shipping.

To Springfield Marketing; Stop ignoring your .45 XD, XDM customers!!!!!! You have killed all of the old XD line except for 10 rounders. You have only the 3 inch sub compact Elite in .45. Nothing else in .45 except the 1911 platform. You have willing and enthusiastic shooters that support this XD/XDM platform, please give US some support. 3 things we ask, 1.) Don't mess up the magazine interchangeability like you did with the 9mm. 2.) Please proceed ASAP with the Milled slide program for both 4" and 5" tactical XD/XDM, I will take one of each. 3.) That Elite with optics cut and threaded barrel for a new product line in .45 would be oh so sweet. Since you already have the subcompact, how about a 4" and 5"? And just a side thought, figure out how Canik does their triggers, and copy it. I love the Powder River Precision and Springer parts, but would love my next Springfield to come out of the box with a trigger I don't immediately want to replace. Kudos to PRP and Springer, my XD's are pretty smooth runners.

One more request for Springfield.......A carbine that will use the XD mags. I like to have a PCC to match my handgun, if you can find an old Marlin Camp .45, you're good for the 1911's. There's a lot of XD/XDM .45's out here. Carbines could be done with a latch similar to the Keltec Sub 2000, and you could sell a ton of .45 carbines (and 9mm's) that would be adaptable to a bunch of different mags, Not just the overhyped Glocks. $ .02......

I ordered the new slide and the Crimson Trace 1500. Both were packaged nicely in a protective box inside the shipping box. The small parts are in zip-lock baggies. I paid for 3 days ship and it arrived in 2.

This Crimson trace 1500 red dot is the exact same as the retail version, the cts1550. ($179) So this seems like a good deal! There are windage and elevation adjustments but I had to guess which is which, based on other brands, as there are no instructions or diagrams in the box, not even on the web. The package came with 3 Allen keys, a large one, which is the 2 bolts to install the red dot, the 2 very small ones are identical and fit the elevation, I did not have one for the windage, so I found a 2mm Allen key from my Kore essentials belt. I was unable to take off the stock plate or install the #2 plate, so I had to go buy a torx 10 to do so. I popped the battery in and the red dot is nice and bright, self adjusting to the available light, it seems off center so I hope to go test shoot and make adjustments. The installed sights are very nice and allow Co-witness. Overall, it's a nice way to modify your XD without the need for a gunsmith, but the lack of support and instruction make this difficult for first timer. I tried it in both of my holsters and they no longer fit. The red dot sits a bit too far forward and is not adjustable. I hope to love this setup and only time will tell.

The way I understand it, You would need to order the OSP Slide with the Barrel kit to be able to convert your XD40 to the 9mm. Basically an XD9 OSP Service model.
Was not wanting to convert to 9mm yet, I just wanted a slide for my XD40 that was milled for OSP. Right now I have a red dot on it but using the dovetail mount.
After checking with local FFL dealers they said no problem with using the conversion slide in cali. I will order the 9mm a little later. When I have more money for toys.

This is exactly what I have been waiting for as I also live on the West Coast and am extremely limited with options. I have two requests/questions. My XD9 has a stainless slide and was wondering if the conversion kit will be offered with stainless as it looks very good. Also can the kit be purchased with a Hex Wasp instead of the CT ? Otherwise I'll just be happy with what I can get. I'm going to the Reno show this month on the 19th to 21st and am wondering if Springfield Armory will have a both there and be able to sell or display at the show ? Thanks, Jim

Called customer service a week ago to ask about OSP slides for the XD 40S&W. The person I talked to did not know, but said he would get back to me. So far nothing from him.

update emailed customer service about the XD slide and asked if they were going to make a OSP slide for the XD 40S&W. I was informed that it did not look like one would be made.
It looks like unless you want a conversion kit we are out of luck as far as a OSP slide from springfield.

I ordered the new slide and the Crimson Trace 1500. Both were packaged nicely in a protective box inside the shipping box. The small parts are in zip-lock baggies. I paid for 3 days ship and it arrived in 2.

This Crimson trace 1500 red dot is the exact same as the retail version, the cts1550. ($179) So this seems like a good deal! There are windage and elevation adjustments but I had to guess which is which, based on other brands, as there are no instructions or diagrams in the box, not even on the web. The package came with 3 Allen keys, a large one, which is the 2 bolts to install the red dot, the 2 very small ones are identical and fit the elevation, I did not have one for the windage, so I found a 2mm Allen key from my Kore essentials belt. I was unable to take off the stock plate or install the #2 plate, so I had to go buy a torx 10 to do so. I popped the battery in and the red dot is nice and bright, self adjusting to the available light, it seems off center so I hope to go test shoot and make adjustments. The installed sights are very nice and allow Co-witness. Overall, it's a nice way to modify your XD without the need for a gunsmith, but the lack of support and instruction make this difficult for first timer. I tried it in both of my holsters and they no longer fit. The red dot sits a bit too far forward and is not adjustable. I hope to love this setup and only time will tell.
The screws on the slide are too short to go thru the plate for the OSP and tighten down. SA sent me new screws .. but they're the same size & same problem. Any ideas? Any help? Am I the Lone Ranger on this?

The screws on the slide are too short to go thru the plate for the OSP and tighten down. SA sent me new screws .. but they're the same size & same problem. Any ideas? Any help? Am I the Lone Ranger on this?
if you know the thread size and length see if home depot Lowes or Ace have the same size but in a longer length. Also if there is one in your area try Fastenal. If all else fails online as a last resort

Contact SA or CT and find out the screw size. Then go to the hardware store and by longer ones.

I had this issue with a Q5 Match and a Vortex Venom. Vortex sent me about 4 sets of screws of varying lengths and a hat. And I got it within 2 days.

if you know the thread size and length see if home depot Lowes or Ace have the same size but in a longer length. Also if there is one in your area try Fastenal. If all else fails online as a last resort
Thanks I’m surprised by this. I was really looking forward to the new OSP.

Back