testtest

Ruger Vaquero S/A 45

I have 8 stainless Rugers I believe. They really don’t wear out. There are two things you should be aware of. First, the new vaquero cannot handle a tier 3 Ruger load. Don’t try it. Only the large frames can handle those. Second, the vaquero is a polished stainless. You’ll have to be extra gentle to keep it looking good. It’ll scratch up pretty easy. Once they are, they aren’t near as pretty.

Last edited:
This one is 40 years old, built in 82. Previous owner shot it a lot judging by the carbon buildup I had to remove. Looks almost as good today as the day it was new. Satin stainless takes the abrasions with stride.

17F183B0-50E9-4E37-9187-DDCA070B4AD6.jpeg

i got the Vaquero

price asked was $700.

the range manager called the owner.

i offered $625.

he countered with $650

i said, $630.

he took it

a new one at my LGS is going for over $2,000

he had Hogue stocks, i just removed them, and reinstalled the originals.

i will now go to Rugers website, and look for Ruger OEM wooden stocks

if i don;t see anything i like there, i will shop around.

1656009095586.png

1656009124131.png

i got the Vaquero

price asked was $700.

i offered $625.

he countered with $650

i said, $630.

he took it

View attachment 28371

View attachment 28372
Well done, great price and awesome looking Ruger

i got the Vaquero

price asked was $700.

i offered $625.

he countered with $650

i said, $630.

he took it

View attachment 28371

View attachment 28372
Gorgeous. I need to bring my 44 magnum Vaquero to your LGS. Mine is new in the box early model. Purchased it to get into CASS but got too busy raising kids.

I could never get into old “cowboy” style revolvers. The curve and ergonomic look just dont appeal to me. Just like a German Luger appearance doesnt appeal to me.

Both styles of gun are well made, and shoot well, but I just like the newer 1900’s + classic revolver look thats a little more refined

I could never get into old “cowboy” style revolvers. The curve and ergonomic look just dont appeal to me. Just like a German Luger appearance doesnt appeal to me.

Both styles of gun are well made, and shoot well, but I just like the newer 1900’s + classic revolver look thats a little more refined
It's fun I have my own place to shoot and my kids loved them

it's sorta like a Harley-Davidson....

if it has to be explained, no one would get it.

or, maybe you just ain't as old as me, and seen just about every western like 45,998,342,990,223,485 times, and have that intimate feelings of the old west original style of hand guns, and rifles.......and cowboy heros, and strawberry Yahoo....????

like for me, a "Henry rifle" would be my "must get" rifle, over any semi-auto matic.....

the wooden stocks, the polished brass, the clicking of the whatchamacall it when you load them after each shot....

i think i need a cigarette now..........

Back