testtest

S.A shipping dept

Can you clarify? Are you a dealer that ordered direct from Springfield or buyers group? Or did you buy one from a local dealer?

If you ordered one from your dealer, they generally don't come direct from SA. The way the firearms industry works is that a dealer orders inventory from a distributor/buyers group. All distributors are taking a minimum of 3 weeks to over a month to ship. They have that many orders. I just go a shipment yesterday that I ordered last month.

I bought it at a gun store. paid in full

Ok so yes and no, so your dealer can log in to the distributor and see if an item is in stock. You order it and it gets put in the que and should ship in about a month. The thing is some dealers like to get the sale now and lock you into it. So if it was in stock yes it should be almost ready to ship to your dealer. if they waiting for for it to come in stock thats another story. I just looked inventory for m1a's and every other model is out of stock. But that current inventory does not include stuff that was ordered already.

Like XD has said, lots of stuff are out of stock, I was planning on getting a SA Defender pistol and a SA 911 from my dealer, they have no clue when they will get those back in stock, will say though, they have a ton of Kimbers in stock, so it tells me, which manufacture people want and which they don’t, actually most of there SA stock has been sold out since people started the panic buying during the pandemic.

I guess I am just a little upset about sitting around the house. I just thought that there would be a brand new one sitting in a box one the shelf somewhere and have it quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck, I waited over a year for my Ruger Redhawk 7.5" 44 mag, from my LGS. I didn't have to pay up front, they checked with me every few months to see if I still wanted it, and it gave me time to buy other guns in the interim :sneaky:. I didn't mind the wait, as I really wanted that revolver to help complete my collection of 357 & 44 mags in Colt, S&W, and Ruger flavors.

Heck, I waited over a year for my Ruger Redhawk 7.5" 44 mag, from my LGS. I didn't have to pay up front, they checked with me every few months to see if I still wanted it, and it gave me time to buy other guns in the interim :sneaky:. I didn't mind the wait, as I really wanted that revolver to help complete my collection of 357 & 44 mags in Colt, S&W, and Ruger flavors.
Ruger.........lol
1590872963053.gif

Like XD has said, lots of stuff are out of stock, I was planning on getting a SA Defender pistol and a SA 911 from my dealer, they have no clue when they will get those back in stock, will say though, they have a ton of Kimbers in stock, so it tells me, which manufacture people want and which they don’t, actually most of there SA stock has been sold out since people started the panic buying during the pandemic.
Kimber is a good paper weight. In my opinion, Springfield Armory smokes Kimber in quality and reliability.

Trying to buy one from Springfield Armory direct via their web page. Gave them all the information and they sent me a "got the order: email. Waited a week and checked to see if there was a shipping date and they had cancelled my order. Called twice (whoever is customer service wasn't in) and sent messages via their customer service form. Zero. Zip. Nada. No response of any kind. If I didn't want to replace my EDC with a Hellcat RDP I'd go elsewhere. Anyone know what's going on there?

I wanted a Super Blackhawk. This was about 30 years ago. River was shut down for 3 weeks for re-tooling. Impetuous as always, I was like, “F that “ and bought a Taurus Model 44 with an 8 3/8” barrel. Which I still have and still love. I did eventually get a Super Blackhawk but I got rid of it. Great gun, but not very comfortable to shoot. I can shoot the Taurus one handed all day long.

I wanted a Super Blackhawk. This was about 30 years ago. River was shut down for 3 weeks for re-tooling. Impetuous as always, I was like, “F that “ and bought a Taurus Model 44 with an 8 3/8” barrel. Which I still have and still love. I did eventually get a Super Blackhawk but I got rid of it. Great gun, but not very comfortable to shoot. I can shoot the Taurus one handed all day long.
Try out the Ruger Super Redhawk in 44mag. I've got one with a 7"barrel and it shoots like a .38special. I was a little disappointed it didn't recoil like my Super Blackhawk in the same length barrel.
Love the gun!

Can you clarify? Are you a dealer that ordered direct from Springfield or buyers group? Or did you buy one from a local dealer?

If you ordered one from your dealer, they generally don't come direct from SA. The way the firearms industry works is that a dealer orders inventory from a distributor/buyers group. All distributors are taking a minimum of 3 weeks to over a month to ship. They have that many orders. I just go a shipment yesterday that I ordered last month.
Can dealers buy through Springfield? I thought they all had to go through distributors.

Can dealers buy through Springfield? I thought they all had to go through distributors.
Yes and no, only the top teir gun stores do so much business that they buy as much as a distributor. And certain ones will team up in a co-op buying group again becoming their own distributors. These stores are ones that do millions in normal years. Once you get to this status you can buy direct. For example Birmingham Pistol Wholesale, you can say that name to any of the sales reps and they know who these Whales are.

unless the store buys multi hundreds of each model of gun you buy from distributors.

Back