testtest

Saint AR Pistol Failure

Now, after trying again, about 1 in 5 rounds I chamber and remove manually gets stuck, and there are also so pretty good scratches on the casings after I pull them out of the chamber. My first call is going to be to the gun shop, hopefully they will take the gun back and refund my money. If not then I'll deal with Springfield. This is seriously disappointing. Probably the last Springfield product I'll ever purchase.
It's definitely frustrating to deal with a problem in a brand new product you bought but don't let this discourage you from an entire brand unless this problem is coupled with bad service. I've had a failure to eject problem with a different brand gun last year so I sent it to the company and they corrected the issue and sent it back to me without any issues. I own multiple guns of this particular manufacturer that I enjoy and haven't had any issues with them aside from this one instance but because the customer service was super easy to deal with I'll be a lifetime customer of this company. I own a few Springfield products with tons of rounds through them and haven't had one hiccup. I hear Springfield's customer service is excellent so I would recommend giving them a shot.

Any product that is mass produced can have the occasional issue even with a really good QC dept because we are humans and are prone to make a mistake. I would like to hear the final outcome of this issue.

Last edited:
Is that the only ammo you have used so far? I had a 1 that the extractor was too tight! Do this with an unloaded gun!!!! Try putting the spent case back in the chamber, close the bolt and then pull the charge handle. Try the 1st 2 steps again and this time stand the gun pointing up hold it about 6-8" above the table and bounce the buttstock on the table. By doing this it will use the bcg, buffer spring and the buffer for cycling. Hold it too where if it extracts the case wont hit you in the face! Bounce just hard enough to get the bolt too move 1/2-3/4 of the way out of charged, so you can see if the case is being extracted! Have you taken a bcg apart before?
This being a brand new gun I wouldn’t recommend taking anything apart. If it does the same thing with multiple different ammunition manufacturers including different grain weights then send the gun back to Springfield Armory for repair before you inadvertently do something and void your warranty.
My 2 cents.

My bcg was an aero precision that was tight, but didn't void any warranty with them(got their conformation). SA policy not for sure?

I think the point is, before you just jump in and assume the problem is with the extractor, or whatever, and starting mucking about with it...that it’s a heck of a lot smarter to confirm it’s not an ammo related issue—which is a lot more common than a problem with a new gun.

I think the point is, before you just jump in and assume the problem is with the extractor, or whatever, and starting mucking about with it...that it’s a heck of a lot smarter to confirm it’s not an ammo related issue—which is a lot more common than a problem with a new gun.
Mine was just a tight extractor issue, but with his being only 1 ammo brand tested and not seeing case head photos makes analyzing more difficult. Not saying ammo or bcg is the problem, just working on diagnosing?

Mine was just a tight extractor issue, but with his being only 1 ammo brand tested and not seeing case head photos makes analyzing more difficult. Not saying ammo or bcg is the problem, just working on diagnosing?

Yes, but your diagnosing involves modifying the extractor, and assuming it was the same as your (different brand BCG) issue.

Wouldn’t it be better to leave it in modified and trying different ammo first?

Yes, but your diagnosing involves modifying the extractor, and assuming it was the same as your (different brand BCG) issue.

Wouldn’t it be better to leave it in modified and trying different ammo first?
[/QUOT
Ammo first would be easy, but a drop test doesn't void a warranty in the manner I had explained! Don't have pics or know what ammo he has on hand or available too purchase? It's not a modification, you're using the same parts it came with. Don't know the design of a SA extractor (not in my armory)? This isn't being sarcastic, but do you have a saint pistol for reference? If I had 1 it would help?

Is that the only ammo you have used so far? I had a 1 that the extractor was too tight! Do this with an unloaded gun!!!! Try putting the spent case back in the chamber, close the bolt and then pull the charge handle. Try the 1st 2 steps again and this time stand the gun pointing up hold it about 6-8" above the table and bounce the buttstock on the table. By doing this it will use the bcg, buffer spring and the buffer for cycling. Hold it too where if it extracts the case wont hit you in the face! Bounce just hard enough to get the bolt too move 1/2-3/4 of the way out of charged, so you can see if the case is being extracted! Have you taken a bcg apart before?
It will extract unfired rounds, though with some difficulty. The unfired rounds coming out of the chamber are mared and scratched. Regardless of extractor issues, there is clearly a chamber issue as well. No way a casing should be that scratched just coming out of the chamber.

It will extract unfired rounds, though with some difficulty. The unfired rounds coming out of the chamber are mared and scratched. Regardless of extractor issues, there is clearly a chamber issue as well. No way a casing should be that scratched just coming out of the chamber.
@Chris Walker id definitely suggest contacting Springfield’s warranty department. If you need to know how just let me know.

I also just purchased ths 7.5" Victor and noticed it does not have the Enhanced BCG. Called CS and they stated that due to high demand and manufacturing supply they had to put in non-enhanced BCG. They were not willing to swap mine even though I brought up to them that i went to shop that sold the gun and the new ones they have in stock do indeed have the Enhanced BCG now.

I also just purchased ths 7.5" Victor and noticed it does not have the Enhanced BCG. Called CS and they stated that due to high demand and manufacturing supply they had to put in non-enhanced BCG. They were not willing to swap mine even though I brought up to them that i went to shop that sold the gun and the new ones they have in stock do indeed have the Enhanced BCG now.
First they can not just swap it out without the gun because they need to ensure head space is correct. I would call them again and ask if you sent it back they would put the BCG group in the gun that it was marketed with.
I would also start a new thread on this to get the attention of others on the forum.

I see a lot of advice about ammo in this thread. My thoughts on that are this; Some of the Guns I own would never be defensive weapons because of being finicky about Ammo. That being said my AR's will run anything I can put in a magazine. I have used all the best and worst ammo in them and they all cycle flawlessly. If they don't I can't use them. If you cannot run whatever ammo is available how will you fare when the SHTF and that's the only ammo available. Send it back until it is reliable.

Are there any markings or tell tale differences between BCGs?

How did you know know that it does not have the Enhanced BCG? I am supposed to pick my Saint Victor Pistol up in the next few days, and I would not want less than promised. How could I check to make sure it is the Enhanced BCG? If it does, do I have a right not to accept transfer and send it back because it is not as described. I had a feeling that with such high demand, shortcuts would be taken to make the money. My online gun company had them, then went out of inventory, and a few days later got some more. I wonder if it is a distributor trying to get rid of a bad batch. Any advice would be appreciated.

Back