testtest

Saint AR Pistol Failure

Darn I bought 5 boxes of Frontier before you posted this. Should have known at $8.99 a box.
I’ve read about several people having issues with the Frontier loads. It’s loaded at the Lake City Plant. The 5.56 is loaded to military specs and .223 and 300blk is loaded to SAAMI specs. I’ve shoot it in several of my AR’s without any issues. The 5.56 is hot though.
The issues I read about were referencing certain lot numbers.

I purchased the SA pistol a while ago from Grab A Gun for a very nice price, $750, and after about 1000 rounds it has been flawless and very accurate. Granted I have only been able to shoot at an indoor range but at 25 yards my 71 year old body shooting slow can do 5 shot groups silver dollar size all day. Recoil is very manageable although it is fairly loud. I have to friends wanting to buy one after seeing mine.

I purchased the SA pistol a while ago from Grab A Gun for a very nice price, $750, and after about 1000 rounds it has been flawless and very accurate. Granted I have only been able to shoot at an indoor range but at 25 yards my 71 year old body shooting slow can do 5 shot groups silver dollar size all day. Recoil is very manageable although it is fairly loud. I have to friends wanting to buy one after seeing mine.
5.56 or 300 Black out?
Edge or Victor Pistol?

5,56. Edge. While I have heard good things about the 300 Black Out let's just say I have a nice supply of .223 and 5.56 ammo and adding another caliber at this late date in my life didn't seem like a great idea.
LOL yeah I agree with that statement.
I just sold my AR in 6.5 Creedmoor for that same reason. I already had a Saint AR In 5.56 so picking up the Saint Edge Pistol in 5.56 made sense.

Just the upper?
No I bought the whole gun.
33DFAB1B-3FAE-4BD7-A011-F1491E9DD43E.jpeg

What brand of ammo? I have had an issue like this with my mossberg jm pro 12 gauge. The extractor was ripping through shell after the shot. Got better shells and never had an issue again.

Not sure if it can happen with rifle ammo though.
I'm using match grade 75 grain from Hornady, which I use in about 6 different AR platforms with no issue. Definitely not the ammo.

I'm using match grade 75 grain from Hornady, which I use in about 6 different AR platforms with no issue. Definitely not the ammo.
Is that the only ammo you have used so far? I had a 1 that the extractor was too tight! Do this with an unloaded gun!!!! Try putting the spent case back in the chamber, close the bolt and then pull the charge handle. Try the 1st 2 steps again and this time stand the gun pointing up hold it about 6-8" above the table and bounce the buttstock on the table. By doing this it will use the bcg, buffer spring and the buffer for cycling. Hold it too where if it extracts the case wont hit you in the face! Bounce just hard enough to get the bolt too move 1/2-3/4 of the way out of charged, so you can see if the case is being extracted! Have you taken a bcg apart before?

This may come as surprise, but not all ammo will work in every firearm.

Some guns don’t like certain manufacturers/bullet weights/styles, loads, etc.

Before you blame the gun, you need to see if it cycles other ammunition without problem.

So?

Could be Hornady had some soft brass go through; it’s happened before.

Try different ammo from a different manufacturer.
I'm awaiting the same response about other ammo. Seems like that was the only 1? I had a to tight extractor problem. There was 3 shims and I remover 1. Now it functions perfectly! In this case any way! Hornady ammo was used when problem started and fixed.

Back