testtest

Saint Edge Pistol - to SBR (form 1)???

dadoser

Elite
So......
Depending on where this ATF braced pistol stuff lands.....
If they "require" folks to SBR their braced pistols (with a waived $200 tax stamp for x amount of time - which I think they would have to do - but "what do I know?")....

Just to confirm. With the Maxim brace, all one would need to do is get the form 1 approved, order the Maxim CQB stock - then exchange the brace for the stock on the firearm? Correct? Its that easy? (and ridiculous?)

Side question - Anyone know if the Maxim stock gives you any more pull length vs the brace?

(Still makes no logical sense why one requires the $200 tax stamp and the other doesn't.)
1626450701066.png

It would be quite hilarious if they have to waive the stamp tax on millions of pistols and watch them all turn into stocked SBRs.
Which would happen.
I will say though the brace is more comfortable than the PDW stock. That metal buttstock has sharp edges.I am hoping to be able to buy a bunch of the braces super cheap since the willbe less desirable.

I like the versatility of the brace, (at least Maxims version) Besides, there is no provision in the people's republic for SBR/SBS/AOW or anything class 3. I think we would have to remove everything but the buffer tube.

I would think if you SBR’d your pistol, you can keep the brace if you like it. Does anyone really think they would make it illegal to have an SBR with a brace rather than a stock? I know they do a lot of stupid stuff, but I think it would be ok to have a brace on a SBR…

I would think if you SBR’d your pistol, you can keep the brace if you like it. Does anyone really think they would make it illegal to have an SBR with a brace rather than a stock? I know they do a lot of stupid stuff, but I think it would be ok to have a brace on a SBR…
Agreed -
If we are going to be required to SBR a braced pistol - choose whichever (brace or stock) that works best for you. I know some stocks (most??) will give you a little bit longer length of pull - that could be better for some shooters.

So......
Depending on where this ATF braced pistol stuff lands.....
If they "require" folks to SBR their braced pistols (with a waived $200 tax stamp for x amount of time - which I think they would have to do - but "what do I know?")....

Just to confirm. With the Maxim brace, all one would need to do is get the form 1 approved, order the Maxim CQB stock - then exchange the brace for the stock on the firearm? Correct? Its that easy? (and ridiculous?)

Side question - Anyone know if the Maxim stock gives you any more pull length vs the brace?

(Still makes no logical sense why one requires the $200 tax stamp and the other doesn't.) View attachment 19044
Great looking set up. Mind sharing the specs/details on the magnifer, grip add ons etc?

Great looking set up. Mind sharing the specs/details on the magnifer, grip add ons etc?
Lower - Saint Edge Pistol (556)
Grip - Magpul MOE K2+ - FDE
Upper - PSA complete 8.5" barrel - 300 AAC
Foregrip - Nightstrike Diamondback
Red Dot - Sig Romeo 5
Magnifier - Holosun 3X
Magpul MBUS Pro backup sights (had UTG - but the magnifier interfered w/ function. could go offset)
Magazine - Lancer 300AAC designated

I decided to color code 300AAC with some FDE (grip and magazines) to keep a simple visual differentiation from anything I own in 556/223.

Last edited:
Back