testtest

SAINT® EDGE EVAC handguard out of alignment.

Ytk

Alpha
Got my first SAINT® EDGE pistol and despite all efforts, the barrel will not align into the upper receiver. Does anyone else have this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    880.3 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 327
  • IMG_1660.jpg
    IMG_1660.jpg
    843.5 KB · Views: 354
Does the Saint handguard use an alignment pin between the handguard and reciever?

It's probably a barrel nut timing issue.

If you don't own an armours wrench and reaction rod you can take it to a local gunsmith and they can fix it in a few minutes for around $20 or less.

BTW welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
Thanks @10mmLife! I don't think so, trying to figure out, maybe you see more:
The Evac has a unique take down system that I'm not familiar with.

Have you tried pulling back on the BCG when you reassemble to take any pressure off the the locking lugs for easier alignment?

This is a step I take when separating a couple Ruger takedown rifles I own when taking them down.

Last edited:
As said above, XDman is the expert on such things. I can say, however, that none of the current SA AR pistols come with iron sights. My personal opinion is they’re CQB weapons and black irons don’t make much sense in a dark house thus an RDS is the only viable sight. There’s been much speculation on SA’s reasonings but they’re just that, speculation.

So this is one of the few SAINT models I don’t personally own, and I have only had hands on with one a year ago For a few minutes. But the Saint group on fb has several members with EVAC’s. This would probably be a Springfield fix though.

Got my first SAINT® EDGE pistol and despite all efforts, the barrel will not align into the upper receiver. Does anyone else have this problem?
I think possibly it could be as simple as the hand guard was not tightened properly.

2 screws on either side hold the free float hand guard. If they are tightened improperly, or say tightened one side then the other side, it may put the hand guard in an “off center” position relative to the receiver top rail and not mate up perfect. Have you tried with the gun fully assembled to just remove the 4 screws holding on the handguard, slide it off, then slide it back on and see if it aligns properly?
A3E63C91-26E1-4D51-BAF3-2FE4E3E51DFA.jpeg

I have the same issue with my EVAC. I posted about this a few weeks ago too. This seems to be a common problem with the EVAC based on a few videos and comments. I'm not too thrilled with having this issue given the steep price tag. This tells me that Springfield didn't bother to put this gun together before it left the warehouse. Or they knew about this issue and sent it out anyway. I had to send mine in. Customer support asked for my serial number and then sent me a shipping label. They didn't bother troubleshooting with me over the phone. If you're charging approximately $2,000 for a gun, it should damn well be thoroughly tested and put together before shipment.

I have the same issue with my EVAC. I posted about this a few weeks ago too. This seems to be a common problem with the EVAC based on a few videos and comments. I'm not too thrilled with having this issue given the steep price tag. This tells me that Springfield didn't bother to put this gun together before it left the warehouse. Or they knew about this issue and sent it out anyway. I had to send mine in. Customer support asked for my serial number and then sent me a shipping label. They didn't bother troubleshooting with me over the phone. If you're charging approximately $2,000 for a gun, it should damn well be thoroughly tested and put together before shipment.
Thats kind of unfair don’t you think? With any manufacturing in any industry you will have things that are not within the norm. The important thing is that Springfield took care of you and the product. I bought a brand new 40 something thousand dollar Tundra and it had a headlight that was out. I took it back and got taken care of, now if the company does not stand behind the product then you have a right to be truly upset. But Springfield has a lifetime warrant, that should give you piece of mind. I have been in the firearms industry for almost 21 years and I can assure you it does not matter what brand or make of firearm, if you get a large enough pool you will find things that need to be readdressed.

Unfair? I don't think so. I guess you could compare a broken light bulb on your new truck to this situation. I personally wouldn't.

The EVAC page states, "When disaster strikes turn to the SAINT® Edge EVAC™ pistol designed around our all new Rapid Takedown System for discreet storage in tight spaces." You honestly think it's unfair of me to be critical here considering the Rapid Takedown System isn't working properly straight from the factory? This is the main selling feature of this firearm. Springfield has an obligation to test their product before it leaves the factory. Period. In order to test fire a gun, don't you think Springfield has a responsibility to ensure the barrel is attached correctly? This is the most expensive AR pistol Springfield currently sells that I know of and I think there is always room for improvement in regards to quality control. I do appreciate their willingness to make it right. I have the Saint Edge pistol as well and everything works great. I prefer Glocks and recently saw the news on Springfield releasing the new XDM Elite. My disappointment with the EVAC steered me away from the XDM and I purchased a new Glock. I don't have 21 years in the firearm industry like you do. Perhaps this is normal stuff and I just don't have enough years in the game to understand it yet. Thank you for your time and thanks for all you do on this website!

Thats kind of unfair don’t you think? With any manufacturing in any industry you will have things that are not within the norm. The important thing is that Springfield took care of you and the product. I bought a brand new 40 something thousand dollar Tundra and it had a headlight that was out. I took it back and got taken care of, now if the company does not stand behind the product then you have a right to be truly upset. But Springfield has a lifetime warrant, that should give you piece of mind. I have been in the firearms industry for almost 21 years and I can assure you it does not matter what brand or make of firearm, if you get a large enough pool you will find things that need to be readdressed.
This
All day every day

👆👆👆👆👆

Ferrari's and Gulfstreams even go back for issues ...

Last edited:
Unfair? I don't think so. I guess you could compare a broken light bulb on your new truck to this situation. I personally wouldn't.

The EVAC page states, "When disaster strikes turn to the SAINT® Edge EVAC™ pistol designed around our all new Rapid Takedown System for discreet storage in tight spaces." You honestly think it's unfair of me to be critical here considering the Rapid Takedown System isn't working properly straight from the factory? This is the main selling feature of this firearm. Springfield has an obligation to test their product before it leaves the factory. Period. In order to test fire a gun, don't you think Springfield has a responsibility to ensure the barrel is attached correctly? This is the most expensive AR pistol Springfield currently sells that I know of and I think there is always room for improvement in regards to quality control. I do appreciate their willingness to make it right. I have the Saint Edge pistol as well and everything works great. I prefer Glocks and recently saw the news on Springfield releasing the new XDM Elite. My disappointment with the EVAC steered me away from the XDM and I purchased a new Glock. I don't have 21 years in the firearm industry like you do. Perhaps this is normal stuff and I just don't have enough years in the game to understand it yet. Thank you for your time and thanks for all you do on this website!
Humans make mistakes. Everyone has made a mistake in their job. Its how one handles their mistakes is what truly sets one apart.
If SA gave you the run around, then I would understand

I found the issue, if take these off you can aline the top part to the back part. The issue is the holes dont line up correctly, so when you put these screws back in, it will misaligned again. I did it for about an hour, these plate and screws are off. I contacted Springfield and mostly likely will have to send it to them to fix. I bet you they just use a different plate and screw and the problem is fix.

Attachments

• 20211224_165652.jpg
    20211224_165652.jpg
    902 KB · Views: 193
  • 20211224_165646.jpg
    20211224_165646.jpg
    868.9 KB · Views: 192
Just sent my saint evac to springfield on 12-29-2021. The customer service was amazing, they'll send out a FedEx printing label with instructions and full coverage insurance for your pistol. Will updated if anyone is interested knowing what they did.
Customer service sounds really receptive to the issue your having.

Keep us posted on the outcome which I'm sure will be positive.

Back