testtest

Saint victor 556 rifle

I recently purchased the saint victor 556 rifle and it is the first AR I have ever owned. I would like to go coyote hunting with it and was looking into putting a suppressor on the gun but I have not seen anything about whether or not you can actually suppress this rifle. I have never owned a suppressor so honestly I don't know what guns can run a suppressor stock or if you have to make modifications. If you can run a suppressor on this rifle, which suppressor would be the best option. Thank you for any and all advise.

Suppressors either "thread-on" the barrel without a muzzle device (flash hider/muzzle brake), or is compatible with a muzzle device for quick attach/detachment.

The "latter" are typically proprietary or compatible with the US Govt A2 flash hider.

So, there are your attachment options which will iinfluence which suppressor and attachment method you can go with.

With a "thread-on" suppressor you'd have to remove whatever muzzle device SA puts on the Victor (it shouldn't be permanently attached?) and have that muzzle device screwed on securely enough so you can shoot it, but also take it off (with the right sized open end wrench) to then thread-on the suppressor.

If the Victor muzzle device is one that's not an A2-type, and/or compatible with any of the proprietary QD types then you'd have to replace the factory muzzle devive with a proprietary muzzle device compatible with the suppressor you want.

Are you aware that getting a suppressor involves a lengthly (6+ months) process to go through the ATF process and get your tax stamp to own the one you want?

Last edited:
Your Victor has a direct-impingment gas system and will operate with a suppressor attached.

However, you'll likely get more powder residue because of that, and that the suppressor causes more back-pressure to run through the gas tube/block. That will rquire more cleaning.

Piston ARs run much cleaner.

So would you recommend just keeping my gun as is and investing in a rifle later on with is better suitable for a suppressor? I clean my gun pretty often and never really put more than one magazine through the gun on a rage day. If it was you gun what would you do?
I run suppressors on my SAINTS all the time and a few of them wear suppressors permanently. The benefits outweigh the cons.

Last edited:
One of My truck gun Saint’s. The Edge wears a dedicated Surefire, if I ever need it I do not have time for ear-pro.
8EDA0118-0EB9-4048-ACD4-BEC19D1A7609.jpeg

BB612E69-B841-4B07-98C3-957E16A3D888.jpeg

894F0609-4AEA-407A-B61B-96C21619372D.jpeg

What suppressor do you run or recommend?
There is no right answer, and so many options you kind of need to narrow things down. Even in these two suppressors one is a fast attach, the other is screw on. One is a 30 cal so I can have the option to fast attach to any of my 30cal or 556 AR’s as long as they have the attachment break. The hunting one is titanium but screw on. So it is slow to attach but light weight. Hunting I wont need fast attach but lighter weight is more important especially at the end of the longer barrel. Then you have cost, you can get great suppressors for really good prices, fully welded all steel full auto rated. But the cost is going to be weight. See what I mean it just depends on what YOU need, want and can afford.

When looking at suppressors look at the warranties also because some manufacturers offer a lifetime unconditional warranty in the event the suppressor gets damaged.

For a first time buyer I would recommend looking into a suppressor with a QD mount in the 7.62 size so you can buy additional muzzle devices that work on both 5.56 and 7.62 guns for more versatility between rifles.

Suppressors are awesome believe the hype!!! 😁👍

When looking at suppressors look at the warranties also because some manufacturers offer a lifetime unconditional warranty in the event the suppressor gets damaged.

For a first time buyer I would recommend looking into a suppressor with a QD mount in the 7.62 size so you can buy additional muzzle devices that work on both 5.56 and 7.62 guns for more versatility between rifles.

Suppressors are awesome believe the hype!!! 😁👍
What 🔇 :LOL:. Seriously, all good stuff. I too would like to buy a silencer for my 300BO pistols (one a Saint Victor), and want the QD mount to swap back and forth. I also am new to the game, and this thread (and others), help in my learning.

Something like this will probably work. I’m thinking of using this or getting a thread converter and getting a suppressor that I can use on my .300 BLK as well as my 5.56. This barrel extension should extend the barrel out to where you can put a suppressor on without changing the handguard. It has a 3/4 inch diameter, so it may fit inside the handguard. I’m not 100% on that though. But this is the idea - a barrel extension that will fit inside the handguard and attach the suppressor onto that…

I have looked into replacing the handguard on the Saint Victor for a BCM Quad Rail but wondering if I have to replace the barrel nut since the barrel nut has screw holes all around it so theoretically I don't have to replace it.

Suppressors either "thread-on" the barrel without a muzzle device (flash hider/muzzle brake), or is compatible with a muzzle device for quick attach/detachment.

The "latter" are typically proprietary or compatible with the US Govt A2 flash hider.

So, there are your attachment options which will iinfluence which suppressor and attachment method you can go with.

With a "thread-on" suppressor you'd have to remove whatever muzzle device SA puts on the Victor (it shouldn't be permanently attached?) and have that muzzle device screwed on securely enough so you can shoot it, but also take it off (with the right sized open end wrench) to then thread-on the suppressor.

If the Victor muzzle device is one that's not an A2-type, and/or compatible with any of the proprietary QD types then you'd have to replace the factory muzzle devive with a proprietary muzzle device compatible with the suppressor you want.

Are you aware that getting a suppressor involves a lengthly (6+ months) process to go through the ATF process and get your tax stamp to own the one you want?
The muzzle is not permanent but taking it off was a giant pain in the balls. For me and the gunsmith who managed to finally get it off.

Back