testtest

Saint Victor AR-15 Pistols are now SBRs?

Again, they already have an unlawful list of who has what. This brings to mind the times before pistol braces, when everyone had foam sleeves on their buffer tubes. If you had a 14" upper and a full lower, you had "intent" to build and SBR which in their eyes was the same as being in possession of an SBR. What's next, they gonna rewrite the "firearm" rule so that shockwaves , TAC 14s and the like are all suddenly SBSs . I live in the people's republic of Illinois, the only way we are allowed to be in "possession of and SBR is if we have a C&R FFL. That's an added expense and stack o hurdles we shouldn't have to jump, just cuz someone got a wild hair up their @$$. I'm seeing Bill Clinton's era ramping up here and fast. The ATF is overreaching, the executive branch is becoming overzealous in its demonization of the American people and the legislative branch is, well, I can't tell who is who anymore

Personally, I don’t like it without the brace. If it comes down to it, I’ll SBR it. I did hear they’ll be waiving the $200 tax and you’ll just have to register it on a Form 1. All this is IF they wind up implementing anything. Again, who knows…
And how you gonna pass it on to your heir(s)? Even with amnesty, it won't extend to our children, or family members. Are we gonna have to get incorporated.
What about the folks who live up east in those little states? I can drive for an hour before I'm at a state border, some of you guys travel through 2 or 3 states to go to work in the morning. If you SBR your braced weapon, it can't leave the state without permission. It's not as simple as they make it seem.

And how you gonna pass it on to your heir(s)? Even with amnesty, it won't extend to our children, or family members. Are we gonna have to get incorporated.
What about the folks who live up east in those little states? I can drive for an hour before I'm at a state border, some of you guys travel through 2 or 3 states to go to work in the morning. If you SBR your braced weapon, it can't leave the state without permission. It's not as simple as they make it seem.
No it’s not simple. It’s a farce. I’ve heard estimates that there are currently between 20 & 40 million AR pistols out there. I’m not sure they’ll get this through the courts. I’m not even sure they’ll get it through the pre-court negotiations with outfits like the GOA. And then there’s the EPA case that will greatly hinder their efforts. I’m not doing anything yet until we see how this shakes out.

They don't have a list yet. They're working on it. 90% of the people who have AR pistols bought stripped lowers so even if they do wind up with the 4473 info it will be listed as other. They would have a serial number for a stripped lower.

As soon as the rule gets the final deadline GOA, FPC, and others are going to immediately sue. Based on Bruen and the EPA ruling an injunction will be pretty easy to get. Then you’ve got at least a couple of years of litigation.
People are vastly underestimating the importance of the EPA ruling. That single ruling has the power to change how the federal government works and push it back to what it is supposed to be, enforcing the laws as written with changes required to go through Congress, not the whims of bureaucrats.

As soon as the rule gets the final deadline GOA, FPC, and others are going to immediately sue. Based on Bruen and the EPA ruling an injunction will be pretty easy to get. Then you’ve got at least a couple of years of litigation.
People are vastly underestimating the importance of the EPA ruling. That single ruling has the power to change how the federal government works and push it back to what it is supposed to be, enforcing the laws as written with changes required to go through Congress, not the whims of bureaucrats.
God I hope so brother.

Again, they already have an unlawful list of who has what. This brings to mind the times before pistol braces, when everyone had foam sleeves on their buffer tubes. If you had a 14" upper and a full lower, you had "intent" to build and SBR which in their eyes was the same as being in possession of an SBR. What's next, they gonna rewrite the "firearm" rule so that shockwaves , TAC 14s and the like are all suddenly SBSs . I live in the people's republic of Illinois, the only way we are allowed to be in "possession of and SBR is if we have a C&R FFL. That's an added expense and stack o hurdles we shouldn't have to jump, just cuz someone got a wild hair up their @$$. I'm seeing Bill Clinton's era ramping up here and fast. The ATF is overreaching, the executive branch is becoming overzealous in its demonization of the American people and the legislative branch is, well, I can't tell who is who anymore
Wrong.

”Intent” is only an issue with MG’s; there is no “intent to assemble” with SBRs—at least on the federal level.

The WV vs EPA SCOTUS ruling does indicate that these agencies don’t have the authority to write what amounts to laws outside of Congressional authority. The way I understand the ruling, it specifically stated unless Congress implicitly granted authorization powers to these agencies, they constitutionally can’t do this. The ATF, EPA and others, currently haven‘t been granted this authority, so these ATF rulings will most likely all be brought up as suits and heading through the courts. Although it may take years, I’m hoping one of the lower Federal courts puts an injunction on these regulations until the cases can be judicated.

If there is anyone with knowledge on the ATF form 4999, I have a question as to how to interpret the first part of the scoring sheet.
There are 2 prerequisites that both must be met in order to continue on with scoring.
1: The weight of the weapon must be at least 64 Oz. (4lbs)
2: The overall length must be between 12-26 inches.
So, if the overall length of said pistol is over the 26 inch mark, is the pistol considered "legal"?

If there is anyone with knowledge on the ATF form 4999, I have a question as to how to interpret the first part of the scoring sheet.
There are 2 prerequisites that both must be met in order to continue on with scoring.
1: The weight of the weapon must be at least 64 Oz. (4lbs)
2: The overall length must be between 12-26 inches.
So, if the overall length of said pistol is over the 26 inch mark, is the pistol considered "legal"?
That form is speculative, at best; it is NOT law.

So…don’t worry about it.

That form is speculative, at best; it is NOT law.

So…don’t worry about it.
Yeah don't worry about it. Ok. Good advice.
head-in-the-sand.jpg

Another article the confirms what has been stated in this thread. I guess they'll want to get this wrapped up before the beginning of the year just in case conservatives can take over the House. I figure that once folks register their brace pistols then the gov't will see a clear path to call for all other semi-auto owners to do the same regardless of platform or barrel lenght. The devil is in the details, and to say anything else is speculation at this point. The only thing we can do now for sure is to vote in November and perhaps get the upper hand.

This is from Virginia Citizens Defense League weekly newsletter that showed up in my inbox this morning. Hopefully court action will delay this. Vote in November!

Looks like the BATFE is setting up to make a pistol with a pistol brace an NFA short-barreled rifle. If so, you will have to register the pistol, but without having to pay the NFA tax if registered in a timely manner.

I’m hoping the NFA, as well as the ban on bump stocks and the registration of pistol braces, will all be struck down over time thanks to the Bruen ruling.

In the meantime, you’ll have to decide what you wish to do should the registration scheme become a reality. Your options are to register the brace and pistol as a short-barreled rifle, destroy or give up the brace to the BATFE, or do nothing and take your chances with the legal system (if successfully prosecuted, you could face 10 years in prison and up to a $250,000 fine).

Interesting note: if you do register your pistol with the pistol brace on it, you would then be the proud owner of a short-barreled rifle. You could throw away the brace and put on a sliding stock, add a foregrip, put on rifle sights, etc.

Back