testtest

Saint Victor PDW STV955556B

Hard to say since there is no Saint Victor PDW on the website. The Edge PDW is listed as CMV, Melonite. The Saint Victor pistol is listed as 416R Stainless, Melonite. Since there is no Saint Victor PDW - or any Victor with a 5.5” barrel, I’d say go by the Saint Edge PDW upper. I don’t really know, but from what people have been saying, the Saint Victor PDW is a Victor lower with the Edge upper. Not sure you will get a much more specific answer without calling or emailing Springfield with the serial number and asking them.

Yup, my best guess would be the EDGE 5.5" CMV 1:7... But it's hard to say since there is no listing for what has been delivered to shops (possible EDGE upper and Victor lower).

Everyone is close and giving good answers but I have painstakingly acquired the low down and it is low down. The STV955556B is a desperate attempt to supply a demand for Pistol ARs in a rush with spare parts and whatever they could get.

Here is the specs and condition of mine out of box. The CMV 5.5" barrel has burrs visible to naked eye with a flashlight. With a bore scope reveals a shoddy turning. 30 shots could not clear the burrs and it is going back. The thing is so over gassed and under buffered it is not reliable for even double tap groups much less rapid fire muzzle jump is nearly 18".

The Blast Forward Deflector (BFD) a special "new" ATF demanded spec put on Maxim caused a new design and the Armory wrenched the thing on so tight myself and 3 gunsmiths dare not put any more force into getting it off the barrel. This isn't even necessary as it has taper technology that tightens it with less torque needed. Result the timing is off on the seat of the outer cone of BFD which makes it look jancky. Half ass effort and no quality control. Plus you can't ever remove it without serious damage to the barrel the threads or the BFD, OR ALL 3!

The Maxim Defense SCW Brace is not machined correctly. The catch/release needs to be machined further or filed on the lead edge only of the deployment edge. In addition, the deploy edge of the rails need to be machined/filed to a greater angle. Jason at Maxim said it needs to be rammed 40-50 times to get a rapid deploy. BS. That is not how you machine fine equipment by forcing it back and forth until it wears parts down improperly to function.

It came with an H1 buffer weighing 4.012 Oz. Good enough. Problem is the SCW short tube requires an H3 buffer and springnfor 5.56 mm in a 5.5" barrel whether or not surpressed! This causes the huge muzzle jump (outrageous really), the slamming recoil and spent cases trashing the deflector which is meant for the occasional "hot load" or match special loads that you aren't shooting regular. Shooting 5.56 M855 (55 g) or S109 (62 g) will ruin the deflector quickly less than 50 shots. Again, both manufacturers claim this is normal but it isn't.

They neglected to put an adjustable gas block also which equates to full 5.5" .870 to .750 Pistol length gas flooding the BCG. No answers from them yet about this fatal function decision. To lower cost? Could not get them? Most answers are coming well due to Covid we are producing crap to earn you money. One other reason might be you would have to remove the BFD to adjust the gas block as the Hate Brake and hand guard in no way possible allows an easy adjustment of the block.

The BCG is shortened and special cuts weighs 9.675 Oz and is 6 1/16" probably could benefit from an extra power ejector spring cause the BCG is whipping too fast to eject quick enough and is carried to what we estimate is the 5 to 5:30 range as seen from above. Your cases will end up fairly close to 3-4 o'clock but not in a pile and not consistently due to the severe banking offnthe deflector. Abnormally hard deflection and 100% of the time.

In short there is so much wrong with this "special build" it should immediately cease. Other same models may not be consistent with these items as they are piecing together whatever they have or can get to cycle out some crap and make revenue.

Mine is going right back with RMA approval from Springfield Armory. If not approved I will probably try to save the upper receiver by breaking the barrel and BFD. Assuming it isn't torqued just as badly. Cross threaded etc.

Stay clear of Maxim Defense and Springfield Armory for awhile. For the $1800 you can build your own better and even get a custom build from many small armorers!

Isn’t M855 .62 grain green tip ? 55 grain is M193.
Yeah I meant to post the 5.56mm x 45 AND .223. It's been a long day and very frustrated bought gun went to range problems run around from SA and Maxim. Sorry. I may correct that whole paragraph bit tired now. Thanks. I didn't even review before posting bad 😆

Isn’t M855 .62 grain green tip ? 55 grain is M193.
Well tried to edit to late my first post learned 30 min limit. Any who. The 5.56 62 gr radar tracked best round at 1929 fps muzzle dropped to 1866 fps at 26 yds.

5.56 55 gr showed 2085 for muzzle and 2004 fps at 26 yds

.223 55 gr at muzzle 1808fps and 26yds 1739 fps.

Dared not shoot the match loads 77 gr.

This thread is only about the original question of PDW barrels……stay on topic

Back