testtest

Seems like Colt is introducing new 2020 Python

Oh yes, and I hope they bring back the Anaconda so I can get a set of siblings.
Oh yes, and I hope they bring back the Anaconda so I can get a set of siblings.
Yes, me too. I have both an original version of the Python and Anaconda, and would like to get the new versions in each as well. In the video I posted above (at this year's Shot Show), the Colt Representative seemed to say that the next logical progression from them would be to produce the larger frame revolver (Anaconda). Even though he didn't give any time frame, my guess (and hope), is at next year's Shot Show (or right before like they did with the Python).

53C506BF-46F5-4848-A600-C8B4A6C5D41D.jpeg
Good article in Gun Digest this month on the Colt Python.

Interested in seeing one in the flesh when they finally hit the stores.
I recall reading that MSRP is gonna be in the neighborhood of $1400, (ugh). If the price was more in line with S&W 586/686's I might bite but for double that I'll just continue to be happy with my no dash 586's.
Agreed on the pricing. Those are really pricey, but I guess still a lot less than an original...

Yeah, but I saw the pics you posted. Its a real looker! I would think the original ones would still hold a premium over the new ones, so I think yours should hold some value?
Yeah, I'm hoping. Regardless, I'm still glad I purchased it. I'll wait on the new one to see if there's an issue with the cylinder locking up. I plan on getting one that I'll shoot and the old one will be put away for safe keeping. I did shoot it though and at the range, I could hear several shooters saying "he's got a Python", which made me happy.

Yeah, I'm hoping. Regardless, I'm still glad I purchased it. I'll wait on the new one to see if there's an issue with the cylinder locking up. I plan on getting one that I'll shoot and the old one will be put away for safe keeping. I did shoot it though and at the range, I could hear several shooters saying "he's got a Python", which made me happy.
I'd be one of those shooters on the range! I've always wanted one but never had the spare cash to get one... I'll have to live vicariously through you and anybody here who buys one of the new ones!

Well
I'd be one of those shooters on the range! I've always wanted one but never had the spare cash to get one... I'll have to live vicariously through you and anybody here who buys one of the new ones!
Well when I get one, I’ll try my best to make you proud & happy when I take it to the range 😇

Man, why do you have to go and make me want one even more :)
I know, these articles do the same to me. I have an older Python 4" and I'm thinking of getting the new 6" Python. I think I'll wait a bit to see if there really is a problem with the Cylinder locking up even though you pull the trigger fine. I've seen this on several reviews (Hickok45 had I think 2 incidents on camera and 1 before they began the filming), and it has been mention in some write ups (interestingly not this one though). I'd be interested if Colt addresses if this is an issue or not. But, I'll eventually buy one :devilish:

Back