testtest

Seems like Colt is introducing new 2020 Python

I don't think so. I have never really been particularly found of the Python. I would be more likely to buy A Trooper MK III if they did a remake. So I have a Dan Wesson in .357 I'm happy with and other guns on my Wishlist I'd rather have.

I don't think so. I have never really been particularly found of the Python. I would be more likely to buy A Trooper MK III if they did a remake. So I have a Dan Wesson in .357 I'm happy with and other guns on my Wishlist I'd rather have.
Too many guns & not enough money to buy them all. I hear you PepperGuy. Never shot a Trooper Mark III, but I've seen forums of people that did and how them loved them.

I'd love to own a python, but man that is a LOT of money!
Yes SDF-1, but quite less than a used one from when they stopped making them :sneaky:. I'm hoping they come down in price somewhat, but It'll be looking close to the same price that the S&W 500 will cost, that I have my eye on next.

Bet7, it’s a good video, I kind of agree it might have been a burr or something similar, but who knows the way gun manufacturers today push out guns faster the quality control can catch anything.

Bet7, it’s a good video, I kind of agree it might have been a burr or something similar, but who knows the way gun manufacturers today push out guns faster the quality control can catch anything.
Agreed Annihilator. I did find it a bit of concern when Hickok45 mentioned some other reviewers were experiencing similar problems. I agree with "problems after rushing to market" as I've experienced this with my Sig P320's which had to all be sent back for their "voluntary Update Program" aka to me "Recall". But his review was excellent and enjoyable to view as always.

Python is a beautiful revolver. I liked them a lot better in the late 60's when their price was only $75.00 a piece. I graduated from high school in 1968 . At that time I could have picked up a pair of Diamondbacks, one in 22 and one in 38 Spl for $120. I definitely miss those days. ;)

Python is a beautiful revolver. I liked them a lot better in the late 60's when their price was only $75.00 a piece. I graduated from high school in 1968 . At that time I could have picked up a pair of Diamondbacks, one in 22 and one in 38 Spl for $120. I definitely miss those days. ;)
So true Susquash. I read one article where a old Colt Python (I forget the year that was mentioned), was bought for $169. It was never taken out of the box and still had the original manual. At the time the article was written, the value of the revolver,original box and manual was $19,000.00.

The 2 pythons I owned were both 1970’s models, the 4” royal blue was a 1975 model, but no box or manual, it was shot only 20 times and stored in previous owners chest of drawers, I got it for $350.00, which included the original box of ammo with 20 rounds missing, plus a leather holster, second one was a 1977 model, 6” royal blue, box manual and all papers, unfired, paid $500.00 for it. I had these back in the late 1980’s. Should have kept them.....

The 2 pythons I owned were both 1970’s models, the 4” royal blue was a 1975 model, but no box or manual, it was shot only 20 times and stored in previous owners chest of drawers, I got it for $350.00, which included the original box of ammo with 20 rounds missing, plus a leather holster, second one was a 1977 model, 6” royal blue, box manual and all papers, unfired, paid $500.00 for it. I had these back in the late 1980’s. Should have kept them.....
Wow. I spent over 3K for my 4" 1972 Python. I feel like I paid too much after reading your post (or they dramatically increased in value/price since 1980. I bought it about 1 year ago)
IMG_0165.JPG
IMG_0166.JPG

Back