testtest

Should grenades, RPGs and Mines be legal?

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
[POLL] Should Grenades, RPGs and Mines Be Legal?

Should individually operated explosive devices designed for infantry like grenades, RPGs and other explosives be legal without licenses or extra paperwork? What would be the positives and negatives of legalization? How did ARFCOM vote?

1632622869064.png

#1 - Hell, yes
#2 - Yes, but maybe with more background checks and paperwork
#3 - No way.

Last edited:
Currently, under the NFA...

Section 5845(f), Title 26, United States Code, classifies certain weapons as “destructive devices” which are subject to the registration and tax provisions of the National Firearms Act (NFA). Section 5845(f)(2) provides as follows: (f)

Destructive device.--The term “destructive device” means * * * (2) any type of weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may be readily converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore of more than one-half inch in diameter, except a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Secretary or his delegate finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes; . . .”

...and it's legal to own a destructive device under the following types of federal licenses.
  • Type 08 - Importer of Firearms Other Than Destructive Devices or Ammunition for Firearms Other Than Destructive Devices, or Ammunition Other Than Armor Piercing Ammunition
  • Type 09 - Dealer in Destructive Devices
  • Type 10 - Manufacturer of Destructive Devices, Ammunition for Destructive Devices or Armor Piercing Ammunition
  • Type 11 - Importer of Destructive Devices, Ammunition for Destructive Devices or Armor Piercing Ammunition

Plus...

It's legal to own explosives providing you have a Federal explosives license or permit (commonly referred to as an “FEL”)

Last edited:
Absolutely they should. And I'll tell you why. The 2A was codified in the BOR primarily so citizens could check the government against tyranny. If the government can have it, the government shouldn't be able to pass laws against us having it.

And if anyone here believes random street thugs would have this stuff I got news for you. It's really expensive. And the gangs that generate enough illegal profit to afford that stuff, already have it. I can tell you first hand that the bulk of the street trash is carrying crap, used Hi-Point 9MMs and other shite weaponry. Because it's all they can afford or what they can steal.

Absolutely positively HELL YES!

And on top of that it is the responsibility of the citizens to have the authority to tell the Government, any agency, what type of weapon will be permitted for them. It is bass ackwards and has always been. The DOI & Constitution is the rights and authority of the CITIZENS to limit Uncle Sam, not the other way around.

Knob Creek,
Machine Gun Experience - Las Vegas,
Battlefield Vegas - Las Vegas,
MachineGuns Vegas - Las Vegas

and anyone wealthy enough to have a license to own these would likely be wealthy enough to have their own range.
So to answer the original question NO WAY!!!!!
A little information I found out yesterday, Knob Creek in Bullet county Kentucky is my go to range and gun store. This year’s machine gun shoot will be their 50th and their last. It’s coming up in October if you’re interested in attending. I was there with my M1A a couple weeks back and a group of guys had 2-3 full auto AR’s as well as semi auto’s the Range officer’s on duty stood right behind them when they shot the full auto guns. I was 3 shooting tables away and although it was cool to watch it was also very distracting and the pile of spent brass was extreme.
This range also sells and allows Tannerite, the use is regulated to a minimum distance of 200 yards from the shooting line and needs to be reported to the store before use so everyone is aware of the upcoming explosion.

I do not have an answer to this question. However, I believe We The People should decide what we should or shouldn't have, not the federal government.

Do I want these items, No. Should I be able to deny others the ability to own these, again the answer is No. After all, what the heck do you need with a rocket launcher?

I don't get it when people support the government restricting them. It goes against the entire reason this country exists in the first place.
I heard it said that generations of Americans have become used to government restrictions and have never known the freedoms that our parents and grandparents enjoyed. I remember when my stepdad ordered new shotguns from either Sears & Roebuck or Montgomery Ward and they were delivered to the house by our mailman without asking permission of the federal government.

I heard it said that generations of Americans have become used to government restrictions and have never known the freedoms that our parents and grandparents enjoyed. I remember when my stepdad ordered new shotguns from either Sears & Roebuck or Montgomery Ward and they were delivered to the house by our mailman without asking permission of the federal government.
There were even more that sold guns like hardware and auto part stores back in the day (before the '80s) at least. Some hardware stores still sell guns and some only sell the ammo whether it be a chain store or mom and pop. What would be next too buy are laser guided munitions without federal permission? Where would it end? The cool factor is there, but practically isn't!

The universal background check laws have been enacted in part to locate your stepdads guns. Should they be sold in a state where background checks are mandatory on sales between individuals then I'm sure their serial numbers and new owners name will be added to a government data base. Once this law goes nation-wide the anti-gun crowd will push even harder for universal gun registration. We all know what they'll push for after that. :mad:

I vote yes for a couple reasons. Many have already stated the 2A . The second reason is that I know how to make ANFO P . I worked setting up a plant to make the stuff and after we had it up and running we ran a couple truck loads of it to sort out the machinery. Plus it is easy to find how to make it on the internet. I also know of a few things that can be added to make it more potent.

If anyone wants to make a bomb , there are plenty of ideas already out there.

We should not be restricted , the Government should be.

Back