testtest

Should grenades, RPGs and Mines be legal?

We should not be restricted , the Government should be.
I’m a libertarian and believe that the rights of my fist end at the tip of your nose.

Keeping and bearing arms is a right that I use for my defense and for the defense of my family and anyone else that I can defend should the need arise. Using firearms for an offensive purpose is always a crime.

Grenades serve no defensive purpose, other than to defend against foreign invasion or civil war. Should either happen, then the law is out the window anyway.

Do folks really want to be in Kroger when some psycho tosses a couple of grenades into the building or shoots an RPG in the door from the parking lot? I don’t.

Again…your fist at the tip of my nose is where your rights end.

As per my second post on page 1, NFA provides for the legal ownership of all three providing one has the licenses & permits.

Considering the internal radicals, & terrorists being let into the country one has more to worry about them vs. one with the appropriate permits.

As per my second post on page 1, NFA provides for the legal ownership of all three providing one has the licenses & permits.

Considering the internal radicals, & terrorists being let into the country one has more to worry about them vs. one with the appropriate permits.
I want a military surplus Wart Hog I wonder if I’ll need a permit. 🤦‍♂️😁😎😂

I want a military surplus Wart Hog I wonder if I’ll need a permit. 🤦‍♂️😁😎😂
The US Govt doesn't sell Warbirds anymore from their "boneyard" but if a Warbird was bought by a foreign govt then one can import them back into the US for private ownership.

Unfortunately, no A-10s were every sold to other countries.

I heard it said that generations of Americans have become used to government restrictions and have never known the freedoms that our parents and grandparents enjoyed. I remember when my stepdad ordered new shotguns from either Sears & Roebuck or Montgomery Ward and they were delivered to the house by our mailman without asking permission of the federal government.
Not to mention you could buy a house out of the sears catalog.
🙂

I’m a libertarian and believe that the rights of my fist end at the tip of your nose.

Keeping and bearing arms is a right that I use for my defense and for the defense of my family and anyone else that I can defend should the need arise. Using firearms for an offensive purpose is always a crime.

Grenades serve no defensive purpose, other than to defend against foreign invasion or civil war. Should either happen, then the law is out the window anyway.

Do folks really want to be in Kroger when some psycho tosses a couple of grenades into the building or shoots an RPG in the door from the parking lot? I don’t.

Again…your fist at the tip of my nose is where your rights end.
I completely agree with the statement , " Rights of my fist end at the tip of your nose " .

Do folks really want to be in Kroger when some psycho tosses a couple of grenades into the building or shoots an RPG in the door from the parking lot? I don’t. Please tell me what law keeps that from happening now. Can people legally buy black powder? Can they buy 2 - 6 inch plastic pipe and the caps for said plastic pipe?

You simply can't stop bad people from doing bad things with laws that take away our rights.

Knob Creek,
Machine Gun Experience - Las Vegas,
Battlefield Vegas - Las Vegas,
MachineGuns Vegas - Las Vegas

and anyone wealthy enough to have a license to own these would likely be wealthy enough to have their own range.
Most of the gun clubs in my area allow full auto on certain firing lines at the clubs.

Other than a federal tax stamp no other paperwork is required in New Hampshire to own a machine gun.

Except the 2A isn't only about self defense and psychos with about $400 can walk up in Kroger with an AR and a 100 rd. drum and kill just as many people. So you support banning ARs and 100 rd. drums?

You simply can't stop bad people from doing bad things with laws that take away our rights.
The topic is people being able to legally own explosive devices like grenades. The fact that you cannot own them without extreme scrutiny will minimize the ability for someone to do that.

You can never eliminate psychos from doing crazy things, but we have to have limits somewhere. Should we be allowed to own mortars too? Maybe a few TOW missiles?

And I’m not that worried about the majority who would probably own them responsibly, although I don’t understand the need. I’m concerned about the guy next door who doesn’t store his grenades responsibly and blows up the neighborhood by igniting the nat gas line.

Explosives are dangerous beyond your need to own them as an individual.

Folks!

The answer is in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Makes no difference what your reasoning/emotions/gut say; it is what it is and is the law.........except Government and Courts have over stepped their authority to make it illegal.
Laws and government are not responsible for your or my security/safety (except from foreign nations) and can never be; you and I are! And there are appropriate laws for those who miss use whatever weapon they possess. The Government has miss used and killed/maimed/violated untold numbers with the armament it possess. The End.

Plenty of explosives are legal and/or easy to make.
Only under controlled and regulated circumstances.

I can see I’m in the minority here, which is fine, but I’ll again go back to my core philosophy. Individual rights should always be protected. My ability to protect myself with a handgun or rifle doesn’t affect you, unless I choose to break the law and use the weapon in a manner that’s not legal. I shouldn’t get a say in whether you defend your family.

But explosives can impact others. The handling and mishandling, especially by private individuals in residential areas can have consequences that extend well beyond that individual.

And again…I’ll ask…what purpose does a hand grenade serve for legitimate self defense unless we start to include dystopian and post apocalyptic scenarios?

"And again…I’ll ask…what purpose does a hand grenade serve for legitimate self defense unless we start to include dystopian and post apocalyptic scenarios?"

Answer:

For some of us the purpose could be because It's just plain fun, just like any other 2nd Amendment activity.
BUT the Constitution and BOR does not require a purpose; it just guarantees/protects the right to possess.
There is no shortage of dystopian people in Government and greater society in the US. Like right now.
The laws apply to those that misuse/harm others with what the Constitution and BOR allow. Your argument
is against the Constitution and that is misguided.

"But explosives can impact others." Yes, that's why they were invented, just like all other weapons, including the firearms you own/use/enjoy.

Your argument
is against the Constitution and that is misguided.
Thanks for your response. I always like to hear and understand how others think about topics like this one. We’ll have to agree to disagree.

Know that I strongly support the Constitution, but I don’t believe owning hand grenades is protected by 2A, and no court decision has ever implied otherwise.

Have a great day. Good discussion.

Only under controlled and regulated circumstances.

I can see I’m in the minority here, which is fine, but I’ll again go back to my core philosophy. Individual rights should always be protected. My ability to protect myself with a handgun or rifle doesn’t affect you, unless I choose to break the law and use the weapon in a manner that’s not legal. I shouldn’t get a say in whether you defend your family.

But explosives can impact others. The handling and mishandling, especially by private individuals in residential areas can have consequences that extend well beyond that individual.

And again…I’ll ask…what purpose does a hand grenade serve for legitimate self defense unless we start to include dystopian and post apocalyptic scenarios?
☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

Back