testtest

Show off your 1911

Nothing fancy, I like 'em plain and simple, my Rock Island Armory .45ACP! I have had it about eight years, it shoots great mostly 230gr ball and haven't had any trouble with it. In this photo I had just installed an ambidextrous safety as I am a southpaw. It's been throated and sports an 18 lb recoil spring, no other mods/changes have been made

Prior to this one I owned two Colt 1911s, lost one in a house fire and another was stolen. I simply had to get behind a 1911 again so I thought I would give RIA a try, I've never regretted that decision.

RIA 1911A1.jpg

Nothing fancy, I like 'em plain and simple, my Rock Island Armory .45ACP! I have had it about eight years, it shoots great mostly 230gr ball and haven't had any trouble with it. In this photo I had just installed an ambidextrous safety as I am a southpaw. It's been throated and sports an 18 lb recoil spring, no other mods/changes have been made

Prior to this one I owned two Colt 1911s, lost one in a house fire and another was stolen. I simply had to get behind a 1911 again so I thought I would give RIA a try, I've never regretted that decision.

View attachment 10567
Springfield Mil Spec 1911’s are excellent value minded 1911’s. 2000 rounds+ thru mine.... I’d put a SA 1911 of any price against any 1911 for quality and function.

View attachment 10567

Oh for the days when I could see those little sights. :( Nice firearm. (y)

Springfield Mil Spec 1911’s are excellent value minded 1911’s. 2000 rounds+ thru mine.... I’d put a SA 1911 of any price against any 1911 for quality and function.
As I said, this one has served me well with no problems and it's had several thousand rounds run through it. As for function and quality it's as good as either of the Colts I owned. I'm sure it will continue on after I am gone!

Hi All,
New here and wanted to thank all for the great info posted. As a result, I picked up my first 1911 (Defender series) in Feb. 440+ rounds without a single failure. Loved it so much that I picked up the 9mm Ronin on Friday. Put 100 rounds of factory and reloads through it on Sat. Very happy! Did have two failures to fully chamber from reloads. My Square Deal B does not fully resize the casing, and after checking every round found that approx 10% would fail the plunk test. Having never owned a 1911 before, I really can't make any comparisons, but these Springfields really are amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_2486 (2).JPG
    IMG_2486 (2).JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 224
Hi All,
New here and wanted to thank all for the great info posted. As a result, I picked up my first 1911 (Defender series) in Feb. 440+ rounds without a single failure. Loved it so much that I picked up the 9mm Ronin on Friday. Put 100 rounds of factory and reloads through it on Sat. Very happy! Did have two failures to fully chamber from reloads. My Square Deal B does not fully resize the casing, and after checking every round found that approx 10% would fail the plunk test. Having never owned a 1911 before, I really can't make any comparisons, but these Springfields really are amazing.

several years ago i had a friend that reloaded his ammo and it didnt resize down to factory specs either,his colt 1911 .45 with an aftermarket barrel would chamber the rounds yet mine with the factory barrel wouldnt,they would get about 1/2 way in and stop.his was a KKM barrel out of nevada.

Ok, here is my new 1911, Sig stainless in .45acp, night sights, Blackwood grips, and a rail.View attachment 11959

Nice looking handgun you have there Anni. I am wondering though :unsure: , who are you going to get to shoot it for you since you have that ailing wrist and all. Maybe you are just gonna open the case every so often and admire how beautiful it is. 🤭;)

Back