testtest

Show off your 1911

This is my master class aficionado
20200825_230032.jpg

you asked for,here they are

1st pic,all springfields,2 on the right are high cap double stacks,14 round fullsize,12 round ultra compact,2 other compacts (middle and lower left) are V-10's.
2nd pic,while not exactly 1911's,colt classifies them that way,colt double eagles,4 are .45 lower middle one is 10mm,2 on right are ultra rare flat top slides,colt used gold cup slides for them,lower middle is the 10mm.
3rd pic,the rest of my 1911's,2 colts,2 para ordnance P-10's,1 amt hardballer,1 auto ordnance "fly girls",and 1 compact rock island.the colt in the center without grips is a project,bead blasted stainless thats getting sanded and polished nice and shiny.the colt on the left isnt stainless,it has the robar np3 coating on it,thought it was stainless when i bought it (used) but found out when it wouldn't polish.

the 10mm is the first 1911 i bought,back in 1990.
20200830_203121.jpg
20200830_204346.jpg
20200830_205350.jpg

Last edited:

1st pic,all springfields,2 on the right are high cap double stacks,14 round fullsize,12 round ultra compact,2 other compacts (middle and lower left) are V-10's.
2nd pic,while not exactly 1911's,colt classifies them that way,colt double eagles,4 are .45 lower middle one is 10mm,2 on right are ultra rare flat top slides,colt used gold cup slides for them,lower middle is the 10mm.
3rd pic,the rest of my 1911's,2 colts,2 para ordnance P-10's,1 amt hardballer,1 auto ordnance "fly girls",and 1 compact rock island.the colt in the center without grips is a project,bead blasted stainless thats getting sanded and polished nice and shiny.the colt on the left isnt stainless,it has the robar np3 coating on it,thought it was stainless when i bought it (used) but found out when it wouldn't polish.

View attachment 9568View attachment 9569View attachment 9570
Nice collection deadseed very similar to mine (in collection, not necessarily models). 👍

View attachment 9568View attachment 9569View attachment 9570

Nice collection!

The 1911-A1 has to be the most recognized handgun in the world.

It's also the most elegantly gorgeous handgun in the world.

I wonder if Michelangelo included an image of the 1911-A1 in the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

Apologies to all Springfield Armory fans. I have not purchased one of those yet. They are elusive in these parts. The first is one of the last Para's before Remington put them out of business. The Elite Commander, match barrel. My "Road Gun". Next is a Colt Gold Cup, both in 45 Auto. The Para was originally equipped with a green fiber optic front sight, and that went away in favor of a Trijicon Tritium white dot. Also, note the texture on the front of the Para's grip. Instead of expensive checkering, I installed a Wilson Combat checkered panel for better purchase. My third is a Remington R1 Mil-Spec. No pic of that one.

Regards,
Bill
I have sincere empathy for you.

Years ago, I stumbled across a great deal on a Springfield Armory Loaded Model. At the price I paid for it, I intended it to be used as a between-trout-bites-fun-gun for teenagers. That gun was so perfectly impressive that I sold every single one of my other brands of 1911-A1, including 2 copies of what some might consider the most recognized manufacturer of 1911-A1 handguns. Now all of my 1911-A1 handguns are Springfield Armory. They are remarkable handguns. My EMP 3 9MM has become my primary urban defense handgun replacing my decades old Model 60. My Springfield Armory TRP .45 is my only wilderness handgun.

I know that there are many manufacturers of excellent quality 1911-A1 handguns. I'm sure that handgunners could spend thousands more on a competitor's 1911-A1. And I'm just as sure that that extra money won't buy better quality than a TRP.

I own a Professional Model that I've yet to shoot. I might not ever fire it. My TRP has been 100% reliable and far more accurate than one could expect from a factory handgun. I have complete confidence that my TRP will protect my kids and me from bad intentions of the meanest bear.

My only 1911 in 10mm.

Not much to say about it. Completely stock, looks pretty, shoots nice, refuses to cycle ammo. For me, the leather holster adds a lot to the 1911 experience.

I was surprised at how light the recoil was. We were shooting 200 grains at 1200-1300 fps, and the recoil was way less noticeable than my XDs-45.

1911_C.JPG1911_A.JPG

Not sure. I just jams and chews up the bullet. These were a few I have laying around.

View attachment 10099

did you buy it new or used ? if used i wonder if maybe prior owner changed something.my wife had an issue with her .45 compact doing something similar,i tried and it ran fine,we figured out she wasnt holding her wrist firm enough so gun would rock to much causing it not to load the next bullet correctly,got her a V-10 ported and she stopped having issues cause of less recoil.

Back