testtest

Show off your 1911

I have the same model but I have not seen it in any of the pictures. Is there anything you can tell me about it? I got it from my brother in law when he passed away 2 years ago. I shot it once and when I was cleaning it some pieces of plastic fell out. I think they were probably buffers from a Wilson spring kit. It is a heavy spring and it's takes 3 hands and a big dog to rack the slide. The slide is smooth blue and the Model 1911-1 with Cal.45 is the same. The other side has the Springfield crest behind the ejection port. Most of the pictures I have seen show the crest at the front of the barrel. The exception seems to be the Custom Guns but they have the Custom mark at the front of the barrel and this model doesn't. It's sits on the shelf clean and ready but that's about it. My EDC is a Kimber CDP Ultra II. It's 15 lbs lighter and easy on my hip. Thanks if you can tell me something about it

Attachments

• IMG_2022.jpg
    IMG_2022.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_2023.jpg
    IMG_2023.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 265
I am in transition. My doctor/hunting partner has suggested I move away from larger caliber, heavier handguns due to onset of arthritis. He says I can slow the progression by using smaller calibers and and lighter weapons.

After selling my .44s and .45s this is currently my only 1911, a Browning .380. I am thinking of buying a 4 inch Emp however, if I can find one. Which is one reason I found this place.

Attachments

• 20200617_091203.jpg
    20200617_091203.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 263
Apologies to all Springfield Armory fans. I have not purchased one of those yet. They are elusive in these parts. The first is one of the last Para's before Remington put them out of business. The Elite Commander, match barrel. My "Road Gun". Next is a Colt Gold Cup, both in 45 Auto. The Para was originally equipped with a green fiber optic front sight, and that went away in favor of a Trijicon Tritium white dot. Also, note the texture on the front of the Para's grip. Instead of expensive checkering, I installed a Wilson Combat checkered panel for better purchase. My third is a Remington R1 Mil-Spec. No pic of that one.

Regards,
Bill

Attachments

• 20200726_125929.jpg
    20200726_125929.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 246
  • 20200726_130049.jpg
    20200726_130049.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 242
Here are my two. One is my grandfathers 1943 M 1911 A1. It's obviously got a fair amount of wear and the "idiot scratch" from its previous handling. And I doubt anyone on the internet ever scolded him for dropping the slide on it. It still shoots straight but I know it's really too valuable to be putting rounds through it.

I was drawn to the SA 1911 mil-spec as it seemed to be the best American made clone. I had to wait a month to get it as they seem to be on back order these days.
i-Rn9LrBF-L.jpg

Here are my two. One is my grandfathers 1943 M 1911 A1. It's obviously got a fair amount of wear and the "idiot scratch" from its previous handling. And I doubt anyone on the internet ever scolded him for dropping the slide on it. It still shoots straight but I know it's really too valuable to be putting rounds through it.

I was drawn to the SA 1911 mil-spec as it seemed to be the best American made clone. I had to wait a month to get it as they seem to be on back order these days.
i-Rn9LrBF-L.jpg
If you reload, put together some mild target loads, 200 Gr cast semiwadcutters, and don't be afraid to shoot it. But I would stay away from factory fodder with jacketed bullets. Treat the old girl kindly.

Regards,
Bill

If you reload, put together some mild target loads, 200 Gr cast semiwadcutters, and don't be afraid to shoot it. But I would stay away from factory fodder with jacketed bullets. Treat the old girl kindly.

Regards,
Bill

I run my 1918 built Colt with standard 230gr FMJ loads, no problems. I did replace the springs, of course, but beyond that? It’s all original GI parts. And I’d put it up against any new Colt coming off the line today when it comes to reliability and accuracy.

There's no reason to baby a warhorse, even an old one.

I still enjoy dad's '51 Colt .38 OP revolver...nothing +P goes through it, but modern FMJ or wadcutters, no problem at all. More accurate than the guy holding it, too.

Like cars, motorcycles, or anything mechanical - they like to be USED. Like us, too, actually...if I don't get in my 5 miles a day on the mountain bike, my legs and knees start to get all cranky and achey. Gotta keep the moving parts, moving!

That's a great looking 1911. Definitely a keeper, I love the patina!

I run my 1918 built Colt with standard 230gr FMJ loads, no problems. I did replace the springs, of course, but beyond that? It’s all original GI parts. And I’d put it up against any new Colt coming off the line today when it comes to reliability and accuracy.

There's no reason to baby a warhorse, even an old one.
I have always used Winchester FMJ 230 grain service grade 45 auto in it. I have never had an issue or malfunction. These days it's hard to find 45 auto in-stock. :(

I ran a variety of 45 auto through the SA mil-spec... also without a single issue or malfunction. :)

It's nice when you get one that works great
. I bought a trp 10 mm longslide .It would not even cycle ammo. Had to send it back ,took 2 weeks to get it back,works great now. I sure like it

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I’ve heard of teething issues with the 10mm TRP but on a good note once they come back they are some of the finest. I love the TRP and the 10mm. Glad to hear it’s good to go.

New member and fishing for thoughts on my stone, 2,000 grit wet sand and polish wheel work for my vision of 1911A1.
Rubber grips, Wilson spring kit minus mainspring, Kimber trigger.
Feed ramp and all moving contact parkering removed and polished first thing. Next will be a hammer and I'll modify this grip safety. Me no likey beavertail thingy. Anyway, it fits me. Shiny and Dark. Still pretty. Not all get it. Never will.
Pewpewpew.

Attachments

• WIN_20200820_16_10_59_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20200820_16_10_59_Pro.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 239
  • WIN_20200820_16_09_36_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20200820_16_09_36_Pro.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 221
  • WIN_20200820_16_15_44_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20200820_16_15_44_Pro.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 220
Back