testtest

Show off your 1911

My TLE/RL II and my Colt Combat Commander. Sadly no SA guns...yet...

image20.jpeg

Do you guys have any idea how much damage these threads do to my financial health?

It started years ago with a Springfield Armory Loaded Model. I figured it'd be a fun gun for my kids between trout bites. Keep SA in the dark: that gun was worth far more than I paid. My Loaded Model was intended to be fun diversion for kids. It turned out to be an incredible surprise. That gun is beyond accurate and reliable. Reach for Kleenex, because my bank account took three more delightful SA hits. Next came a Springfield Armory EMP 3 9MM. I needed to improve upon my decades old S&W Model 60. The S&W Model 60 is an excellent handgun. But the EMP 3 9MM is superior in every way for self-defense. The SA EMP 3 is excellent handgun well worth the financial hit. Then someone had to up and expose me to the famed Professional Model. A copy's in my gun safe. Since I do a lot of mean critter country fishing, I figured I needed gun up to the task of keeping me vertical. My SA TRP .45 is with me when I'm deep in the Eastern Sierra or Rockies taking ego hits from trout.

I was blissfully happy until I got an education in 1911-A1 perfection. I won't name names because a gentleman never does, but I sold every other brand 1911-A1. All of my 1911-A1s are precision artistic masterpieces from Springfield Armory. Not one of them has ever failed to do anything other than worked flawlessly and much more perfectly than one has right to expect.

If Springfield Armory gets to bagging hunters, I'll take another financial hit. SA M1A is world renown for its accuracy. Accuracy kills big game. If Springfield Armory were to introduce the consummate North American big game hunting rifle: .308 Win, carbine length, 6 pounds, five round magazine, I'd sell my other big game rifles.

Do you guys have any idea how much damage these threads do to my financial health?

It started years ago with a Springfield Armory Loaded Model. I figured it'd be a fun gun for my kids between trout bites. Keep SA in the dark: that gun was worth far more than I paid. My Loaded Model was intended to be fun diversion for kids. It turned out to be an incredible surprise. That gun is beyond accurate and reliable. Reach for Kleenex, because my bank account took three more delightful SA hits. Next came a Springfield Armory EMP 3 9MM. I needed to improve upon my decades old S&W Model 60. The S&W Model 60 is an excellent handgun. But the EMP 3 9MM is superior in every way for self-defense. The SA EMP 3 is excellent handgun well worth the financial hit. Then someone had to up and expose me to the famed Professional Model. A copy's in my gun safe. Since I do a lot of mean critter country fishing, I figured I needed gun up to the task of keeping me vertical. My SA TRP .45 is with me when I'm deep in the Eastern Sierra or Rockies taking ego hits from trout.

I was blissfully happy until I got an education in 1911-A1 perfection. I won't name names because a gentleman never does, but I sold every other brand 1911-A1. All of my 1911-A1s are precision artistic masterpieces from Springfield Armory. Not one of them has ever failed to do anything other than worked flawlessly and much more perfectly than one has right to expect.

If Springfield Armory gets to bagging hunters, I'll take another financial hit. SA M1A is world renown for its accuracy. Accuracy kills big game. If Springfield Armory were to introduce the consummate North American big game hunting rifle: .308 Win, carbine length, 6 pounds, five round magazine, I'd sell my other big game rifles.

Professional is a nice gun. I’d love to pick up a Professional Operator one of these days...might consider getting rid of one of my P7’s for it.

I had the opportunity to buy a gently used one right after I ordered my Baer...I kinda wish I’d bought it.

I feel'ya. My first 1911 spoiled me for all others 19 years ago.It was a SA custom carry, built like their FBI professional model. The only difference is mine is hard chrome and has no front strap checkering. A pic was posted earlier here.

How do you like the LesBaer,Fit finish,etc...? I'm thinking about the Ultimate master.with the 1.5" guarantee.

I like it a lot. Fit is tight, but smooth; slide feels like it's on ball bearings, you literally have to tap the bushing off the barrel to remove it. I didn’t get the 1.5” on mine, but it's guaranteed 3”...which it does off a bench with no problems, using my carry load (230gr Golden Sabre). My buddy, who is a much better shot than I am, using his 200gr SWC handloads printed 1-7/8” at 50 yards off a bench.

It'll do.

It's very plain-Jayne, finish-wise...but it's a very nice bluing...rich, deep, and even. It’s held up fairly well, too.

My only “gripe” is that I’d like different sights...the dots are difficult to see except in low light; I prefer a bright front dot...I’ll replace them when the tritium starts to get too dim.

I looked the “Big 3”—Wilson, Nighthawk, Baer—when I ordered it 10 years ago; I went with LB because it seemed I got the most bang for my buck.

I like it a lot. Fit is tight, but smooth; slide feels like it's on ball bearings, you literally have to tap the bushing off the barrel to remove it. I didn’t get the 1.5” on mine, but it's guaranteed 3”...which it does off a bench with no problems, using my carry load (230gr Golden Sabre). My buddy, who is a much better shot than I am, using his 200gr SWC handloads printed 1-7/8” at 50 yards off a bench.

It'll do.

It's very plain-Jayne, finish-wise...but it's a very nice bluing...rich, deep, and even. It’s held up fairly well, too.

My only “gripe” is that I’d like different sights...the dots are difficult to see except in low light; I prefer a bright front dot...I’ll replace them when the tritium starts to get too dim.

I looked the “Big 3”—Wilson, Nighthawk, Baer—when I ordered it 10 years ago; I went with LB because it seemed I got the most bang for my buck.
Thanks. Wilson, Nighthawk $$$$$$ I agree. Very nice, but way too much.

Back