testtest

Show off your 1911

Well, I hate to use this phrase but I found a Springfield Emissary at my local gun store, and I "pulled the trigger" on it. Currently giving it a little love with some oil, gonna give it a test drive tomorrow. I could not believe it when I saw it under the glass. Thought about it for 2 hours and said "what the fvck"?

Attachments

• IMG_8719.jpg
    IMG_8719.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 184
Well, I hate to use this phrase but I found a Springfield Emissary at my local gun store, and I "pulled the trigger" on it. Currently giving it a little love with some oil, gonna give it a test drive tomorrow. I could not believe it when I saw it under the glass. Thought about it for 2 hours and said "what the fvck"?
Nice pickup and choice.
Your pic flatters it very well.

Here's some of my 5” 1911s.

SAMilSpec191103.jpg

TOP RIGHT: Springfield Armory Mil-Spec CO2/BB airgun, stock out of the box. My new favorite toy! I can shoot it in my basement anytime I want for about 1c a shot, regardless of weather or other factors.

TOP LEFT: All-steel .45 built around 1985-86 on an Essex frame with WWII Ithaca slide, GI barrel, NM bushing fitted finger-tight, hi-viz fixed sights. Has fired @ 25K reliable rounds and will shoot 4-5” @ 50 yards. My “house” gun.

BOTTOM RIGHT: .22 Ceiner conversion on genuine 1926 Colt commercial frame. Frame is steel and slide is alloy. Hi-viz fixed sights. This one's seen somewhere around 20k rounds of cheap bulk .22 with very few problems, though it does need to be mucked out about every 2K rounds or it starts to get really sluggish. Lotta fun--especially when .22LR ammo was only 2c a shot.

BOTTOM LEFT: .45 on Fed Ord Ranger (lightweight) frame with Colt MKIV Series 70 barrel and bushing; hi-viz fixed sights. With light frame and full-weight slide, it's the heaviest recoiling 1911 I've ever shot. Really nasty! It lives in a bug-out bag with a homebuilt mid-length AR and a Mossberg 500 20” Turkey Gun.

The SA CO2 gun feels and operates identical to the others, though it's of course lighter than the all-steel gun. It's heavier than a LW Commander, but feels very similar in weight and heft to the two part steel/part alloy 1911s at the bottom of the pic.

My first-line home defense weapon. It started life as a Century Arms Phillipine import "Commodore" Commander clone. Machining was surprisingly accurate and tight.
It now has many non-original parts - Trijicon 3-dot sights, Wilson Combat mag well and slide stop, Ed Brown mags w/ Chip McCormick bases and G10 grips. Kept clean, it shoots very well.
20210926_185502.jpg

Back