testtest

Show off your 1911

Ooo!
So many nice 1911s!
When I get back, I'll take some photos of the Colt I bought in 1981.
It ain't pretty any more but it shoots like the blazes.
Gee, it looks better in the photos!

I forgot to post the photo and then struggled with my photo application.
This one has a stainless brother that is virtually brand new.
I carried this one (Stain Nickle) for about ten years both at work and off.

new, higher fixed sights
full length recoil spring guide
12 pound recoil spring
polymer recoil buffer
long reach trigger with over travel stop
sear/hammer engagement modification
ambidextrous safety
lowered ejection port
modified ejector for reliability
polished feed ramp
flat mainspring housing
titanium firing pin and heavy pin spring
beaver tail grip safety

Now you can buy them this way!
Not back then...
Series 70 Nickle Satin 1911.JPG

Gee, it looks better in the photos!

I forgot to post the photo and then struggled with my photo application.
This one has a stainless brother that is virtually brand new.
I carried this one (Stain Nickle) for about ten years both at work and off.

new, higher fixed sights
full length recoil spring guide
12 pound recoil spring
polymer recoil buffer
long reach trigger with over travel stop
sear/hammer engagement modification
ambidextrous safety
lowered ejection port
modified ejector for reliability
polished feed ramp
flat mainspring housing
titanium firing pin and heavy pin spring
beaver tail grip safety

Now you can buy them this way!
Not back then...
View attachment 18527
Very nice!

577FC70E-2CFE-482E-A9A5-C4F02CCA858D.jpeg
Not an SA 1911, but just picked this up Friday, Kimber Pro Carry II. Got it to the range yesterday and was amazed what a soft shooter it is. I was expecting this to have a real kick to it given that it’s only 28oz and chambered in .45 acp but it was very refined and very accurate. I have red dots on most of my pistols and have to adjust to regular iron sights but it took about 15 rounds for me to get comfortable with it and then put 100 trouble free rounds through it. Used the stock mag and two WC 47Ds. Not a hiccup through any of them. The only con: it has a full length guide rod and you have to use the “paperclip”. Not a fan of that. Ordered a Wilson Combat flat wire recoil spring kit which will hopefully remove that pain.

View attachment 18528Not an SA 1911, but just picked this up Friday, Kimber Pro Carry II. Got it to the range yesterday and was amazed what a soft shooter it is. I was expecting this to have a real kick to it given that it’s only 28oz and chambered in .45 acp but it was very refined and very accurate. I have red dots on most of my pistols and have to adjust to regular iron sights but it took about 15 rounds for me to get comfortable with it and then put 100 trouble free rounds through it. Used the stock mag and two WC 47Ds. Not a hiccup through any of them. The only con: it has a full length guide rod and you have to use the “paperclip”. Not a fan of that. Ordered a Wilson Combat flat wire recoil spring kit which will hopefully remove that pain.
Got one just like this, great gun, really like mine

Late to the 1911 party. Must have missed this thread when I got my first one a few weeks back. Put about 150 rounds through it so far. Feels great. Shoots great. I fully understand why so many love 1911's now. Looks a bit dirty here as I took these as soon as I got it home from the shop. Still had the factory stuff oozing out of it.

PXL_20210602_052843014.jpg

PXL_20210602_053045524.jpg

PXL_20210602_052924462.jpg

Late to the 1911 party. Must have missed this thread when I got my first one a few weeks back. Put about 150 rounds through it so far. Feels great. Shoots great. I fully understand why so many love 1911's now. Looks a bit dirty here as I took these as soon as I got it home from the shop. Still had the factory stuff oozing out of it.

View attachment 18535

View attachment 18536

View attachment 18537
Smokey means it was working properly.

XD Man, that Professional is pretty sweet! My first 1911 was a Range Officer 1911 Loaded Lightweight model with two-piece guide rod, night sights and accessory rail. I’ve shot thousands of rounds through this pistol; it’s 100% Reliable and just as accurate as my Dan Wesson.
I’m currently saving for a 9mm EMP for concealed carry, would be interested to hear feedback from any EMPBig Shooter… I have the EMP In 40 s&w with Big Dot sights on it. In my opinion not a better 1911 made.

Here is what I picked up on the used market today. It’s an A1 1911 so I think it’s a few years older but it was never shot. Got a good deal on it so I figured I would take a chance on it and join the 1911 world.

Attachments

• 0544FB85-FB2A-4F64-A22E-B2B09F413E6B.jpeg
    0544FB85-FB2A-4F64-A22E-B2B09F413E6B.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 98390083-3678-4547-BF20-B32F3A447077.jpeg
    98390083-3678-4547-BF20-B32F3A447077.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 166
Back