testtest

Show off your 1911

I would so like to score a set of Springfield logoed grips like those. Thing is try finding them full magwell/no pin cut.
I called SA and was told they dont offer them for sale that way. :unsure:
A company that makes pistols with magwells dont offer the grips with their own logo. What if you damage one? Makes no sense. The guy I talked to tho seemed to know little about the products he was selling. At the end of the conversation he found a set but they were black PLASTIC. lol Seriously?

I would so like to score a set of Springfield logoed grips like those. Thing is try finding them full magwell/no pin cut.
I called SA and was told they dont offer them for sale that way. :unsure:
A company that makes pistols with magwells dont offer the grips with their own logo. What if you damage one? Makes no sense. The guy I talked to tho seemed to know little about the products he was selling. At the end of the conversation he found a set but they were black PLASTIC. lol Seriously?
Not with logo, but am looking for some 1911 grips w/o pin cut for extended magwell too. Not always so easy finding, ones found so far are out of stock or have pin cut.

Bob over at high figure grips makes most of his with full magwell no pin cut and if you need either or both you have to specify when you order, then he knocks it out in a couple days and sends em on their way. Most of that time is due to the finish drying time.
Awesome guy to deal with.

To build your own set thru a grip builder interface I use Wood Caliber.
They have an awesome user interface where you select ALL your options, wood type, inlay type, bevel cut. pin cut, thumb relief, ambi safety etc.

I did get my Negrini case in the mail the other day for my pair of Standards.
If you guys remember my Springfield box then you know Im OCD about cool details and personalizing my junk lol, anyways I got the placement for everything figured out but haven't mustered the courage to cut the foam yet. :ROFLMAO:
It will look like this when I'm done but of course recessed in the foam.

20210524_215244.jpg

20210521_163052.jpg

Bob over at high figure grips makes most of his with full magwell no pin cut and if you need either or both you have to specify when you order, then he knocks it out in a couple days and sends em on their way. Most of that time is due to the finish drying time.

They have an awesome user interface where you select ALL your options, wood type, inlay type, bevel cut. pin cut, thumb relief, ambi safety etc.

Thanks for both tips. Is very appreciated. Had thoughts of making own grips out of some exotic wood like zebra. Is a nice woodworkers supply house not too far away. But, likely have some grips made instead. Space's cramped here from over the winter & spring rain right now. Polebarn's can be as bad as tool boxes, turn your back and like magic they're full? :)

I did get my Negrini case in the mail the other day for my pair of Standards.
If you guys remember my Springfield box then you know Im OCD about cool details and personalizing my junk lol, anyways I got the placement for everything figured out but haven't mustered the courage to cut the foam yet. :ROFLMAO:
It will look like this when I'm done but of course recessed in the foam.

View attachment 17678

View attachment 17677
Looks really nice! They are lookers! OCD? Hah! Better half got me half way "cured."
But, all things depending, wouldn't take much to get the other half back. :)

"To build your own set thru a grip builder interface I use Wood Caliber.
They have an awesome user interface where you select ALL your options, wood type, inlay type, bevel cut. pin cut, thumb relief, ambi safety etc." -
Oh yes they do! Nice stuff! Thanks again!

Looks really nice! They are lookers! OCD? Hah! Better half got me half way "cured."
But, all things depending, wouldn't take much to get the other half back. :)

I dont have the built in safety mechanism known as "the wife" mine is as bad as I am when it comes to buying guns AND collecting junk. She has the 1911 bug same as I do. She retired from the Alaska Dept of Corrections last year and mostly carries her 365 these days but for many years it was a 1911. Not having a wife as a check valve so to speak is sometimes a blessing sometimes not so much. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I dont have the built in safety mechanism known as "the wife" mine is as bad as I am when it comes to buying guns AND collecting junk. She has the 1911 bug same as I do. She retired from the Alaska Dept of Corrections last year and mostly carries her 365 these days but for many years it was a 1911. Not having a wife as a check valve so to speak is sometimes a blessing sometimes not so much. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh, you poor guy! :) Actually, know the feeling very well! ....Mostly blessings. (y)(y)

Any good leads for custom 1911 grips? Looking for wood with a USN inlay/coin/medallion for my brother’s Commander.
There's quite a few grips out there. Picking grips out can be a challenge sometimes depending on what had in mind, lot of variables. Medallion makes it a little more difficult finding, but not too much. Commander size grips should be same size as Government or Full Size grips helps. With most any grips, some minor fitting grips to frame may be required. Noticed Amazon and EBay has or had quite a few.

Altamont grips are nice, think some come with medallions if requested, is why mentioned, but like many mfg's they're backlogged last time checked. Doing a Google/Web search, click on "Images" in upper left can help. That generally displays different variations and styles. Pick and click to choose which info interested in.

I forgot about Altamonts, an excellent company to deal with. Wife has them on her Nightmare.
20210130_161731.jpg

best pistol grips makes some awesome inlaid grips. The language barrier can sometimes be a challenge.
I had one experience that was not pleasant but was refunded my money. They will build whatever you want tho.

Got these for my MK25 Navy Seal pistol and NO I am not nor ever have been a Navy Seal lol just so we are clear but love the look...
20210418_171805.jpg

Sig P226 MK25.jpg

They also offer this Navy logo. These are plastic grips but one could easily get the logo on wood if so inclined.
navy.jpg

Last but not least, their Springfield example. Stippled walnut. These are for an officers but like I said you can order them however you want.
Colt_1911_Compact_Officer_grips_made_from_walnut_wood_with_custom_engraving._make_your_own_cus...jpg

I forgot about Altamonts, an excellent company to deal with. Wife has them on her Nightmare.
View attachment 17701

best pistol grips makes some awesome inlaid grips. The language barrier can sometimes be a challenge.
I had one experience that was not pleasant but was refunded my money. They will build whatever you want tho.

Got these for my MK25 Navy Seal pistol and NO I am not nor ever have been a Navy Seal lol just so we are clear but love the look...
View attachment 17702
View attachment 17704

They also offer this Navy logo. These are plastic grips but one could easily get the logo on wood if so inclined.
View attachment 17705

Last but not least, their Springfield example. Stippled walnut. These are for an officers but like I said you can order them however you want.
View attachment 17706

Awesome!! Thank you!! Had done a lot of searching and I know there is a lot out there. Was looking for personal experience to separate the wheat from the chaff. May have found something to go with but will reach out to them on medallions. I like the ones on the plastic grips but not the plastic grips.

CG-CP05-USN.jpg

May be premature to mention this, but I have a Wilson CQB coming in 2-4 months. Found one ordered already where the purchaser had to back out of the deal. It’ll have slim grips & an extended slide lock release.
Will post a pic but in the meantime could anyone with a CQB perhaps PM me with your opinions of it and anything you’ve discovered particular to that gun; I’d appreciate it !

Back