testtest

Show off your 1911

Greetings!

I've been saving up my gig money. My local range had a good looking, low mileage Garrison at a pretty good price. I picked it up today and took it for a little test drive. Loved it!

1662605090883.png

1662605135994.png

You can't get this on the CA DOJ roster! It came with three mags and the stock hand grips. I really liked the upgraded grips. They are a little wider, they fit my hand great, and the stippling is very aggressive, again I like. This trigger is the best! I'll need a little more practice but on the fourth magazines I got 5 bulls out of 7. It will only get better!

1662605269213.png

I'll increase the distance as I practice. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Greetings!

I've been saving up my gig money. My local range had a good looking, low mileage Garrison at a pretty good price. I picked it up today and took it for a little test drive. Loved it!

View attachment 30503

View attachment 30504

You can't get this on the CA DOJ roster! It came with three mags and the stock hand grips. I really liked the upgraded grips. They are a little wider, they fit my hand great, and the stippling is very aggressive, again I like. This trigger is the best! I'll need a little more practice but on the fourth magazines I got 5 bulls out of 7. It will only get better!

View attachment 30505

I'll increase the distance as I practice. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
Very nice. Now stock up on Wilson Combat and Chip McCormick 8 rd. magazines.

Nothing wrong with that, these are very good guns for the money, all forged, lifetime warranty…….
This one seems particularly well fit. Parts are nearly perfectly mated and wear marks remind me of more of a custom gun. Zero malfunctions since day one. I've had several Colts, a Dan Wesson, Remington and Wilson. All except the Wilson needed attention and even that one needed me to lightly fit the lower lug to stop some peening from hitting the pin.

Not my first Ronin but certainly my latest. I see the take down lever plungers are still brutally stiff. Had to file a notch in it to avoid an idiot scratch.
I noticed the same thing on the Ronin I just acquired - very stiff plunger. I had to 'assist' the plunger while careefully putting the takedown lever back in place.

Taking mine out for some initial field testing this morning. Assuming it runs reliably, I plan to make this my go-to hiking carry.

I have been looking for a TRP Operator with bull barrel and night sights but it seems the supply has dried up. Did they stop making this model?
Yes, according to the SA website, the TRP Operator has been discontinued for all models except the California compliant model(s). While talking to the SA rep at the LGS for the Prodigy promotion, he mentioned SA didn’t dare take firearms off the CA approved list not knowing if the could get other firearms back on. Another customer overheard us talking, and like you wanted and was looking for a TRP Operator, the SA rep and I suggested he ordered the CA compliant model from the LGS, which he did.

Yes, according to the SA website, the TRP Operator has been discontinued for all models except the California compliant model(s). While talking to the SA rep at the LGS for the Prodigy promotion, he mentioned SA didn’t dare take firearms off the CA approved list not knowing if the could get other firearms back on. Another customer overheard us talking, and like you wanted and was looking for a TRP Operator, the SA rep and I suggested he ordered the CA compliant model from the LGS, which he did.
Just get a Colt……..😬😬😬😬
1D01A18B-AC2A-4C58-967A-038F818AA085.gif

I have been looking for a TRP Operator with bull barrel and night sights but it seems the supply has dried up. Did they stop making this model?
Here's my response to the same question on another thread here on the forum. The link shows the TRP discontinued, but as mentioned the CA compliant models are still available.

Back