testtest

Show off your 1911

My latest family portrait, a la Busby Berkley...

IMG_3772.JPG

Clockwise from 1200:

2017 Colt Series 70 Gold Cup
Springfield EMP4
Springfield Range Officer Target
Springfield Mil-Spec
Springfield Garrison Stainless
S&W
Ruger SR1911 Stainless
1946 Sistema Colt Ex Argentine Army
1980 Colt Series 70 Gov't
Springfield Ronin
1973 Colt Series 70 Gov't
Missing is my Ruger 1911 LW Commander

Clockwise from 1200:

2017 Colt Series 70 Gold Cup
Springfield EMP4
Springfield Range Officer Target
Springfield Mil-Spec
Springfield Garrison Stainless
S&W
Ruger SR1911 Stainless
1946 Sistema Colt Ex Argentine Army
1980 Colt Series 70 Gov't
Springfield Ronin
1973 Colt Series 70 Gov't
Missing is my Ruger 1911 LW Commander
Cool pic 👍
Nice collection ☺️

I walked into a local gun store a few months ago and spied a new Colt Gold Cup and, in a moment of weakness, bought it:
1666727506482.png

1666727541904.png

When I got it home, it was field stripped, lubed & greased properly in preparation for a trip to the range. Well, when I tried to put the slide release back in, it was stubborn! You guessed it, I did the infamous "idiot scratch." To make that sin even worse, I'm quite familiar with this JMB design since I was issued one in Vietnam and have a few in stock. Crap! Using well-practiced powers of rationalization, I reasoned that since I didn't like the finish anyway, I'd take it to a fine 'smith I know and get him to take care of business. He chuckled at the "idiot scratch" and said, "Hey, you know what they call this, don't you?" I casually mentioned my PTSD from my time in the infantry and he laughed even more. I picked it up not too long ago and was quite pleased with the results:
1666728171321.png

1666728202721.png

The 'smith lubed it properly and I went straight out to the range and rattled off 250 rounds. It proved to be a good shooter. When I got home and did the cleaning process, I noticed the slide stop dropped into place just like all of my other 1911s. It just needed a little break in time and a little grove cut in the stop.

Mike

I walked into a local gun store a few months ago and spied a new Colt Gold Cup and, in a moment of weakness, bought it:
View attachment 31822
View attachment 31823
When I got it home, it was field stripped, lubed & greased properly in preparation for a trip to the range. Well, when I tried to put the slide release back in, it was stubborn! You guessed it, I did the infamous "idiot scratch." To make that sin even worse, I'm quite familiar with this JMB design since I was issued one in Vietnam and have a few in stock. Crap! Using well-practiced powers of rationalization, I reasoned that since I didn't like the finish anyway, I'd take it to a fine 'smith I know and get him to take care of business. He chuckled at the "idiot scratch" and said, "Hey, you know what they call this, don't you?" I casually mentioned my PTSD from my time in the infantry and he laughed even more. I picked it up not too long ago and was quite pleased with the results:
View attachment 31824
View attachment 31825
The 'smith lubed it properly and I went straight out to the range and rattled off 250 rounds. It proved to be a good shooter. When I got home and did the cleaning process, I noticed the slide stop dropped into place just like all of my other 1911s. It just needed a little break in time and a little grove cut in the stop.

Mike
I still am having a hard time getting my slide stop to go into place

View attachment 31822
View attachment 31823
View attachment 31824
View attachment 31825

Mike
NOT a moment of weakness. Rather, a stroke of GENIUS.

View attachment 31822
View attachment 31823
View attachment 31824
View attachment 31825

Mike
That is a very sweet gun

Back