testtest

Show off your Every Day Carry!

You guys have beautiful handguns.

Since the early 80's, after beginning my gig as a sworn cop, I bought a 2" Model 60, which was then the definitive off-duty and back-up gun. I've always considered it a neck and up gun. Since it's a belly gun, at distance it might be used, unless immediate incapacity was effected, the likelihood of my taking a bad guy's rounds was somber. Throughout my career, I've used duty guns as off-duty guns; e.g., 5904 and P229 .40 S&W, both or which were marginally more difficult to carry and conceal off-duty. Those inconveniences were offset my their vastly superior self-defense virtues.

Since I began receiving retirement stipends, I've reflected upon my Model 60. It is a decent gun. Besides being a neck & up gun, it's a one bad guy gun. So Cal has become more famous for its deadly, dangerous, marauding criminals than the Happiest Place on Earth, California Girls, and almost perfect weather. I decided I needed an urban carry upgrade. After a whole lot of research, I bought a Springfield Armory EMP 3 9MM. Thank you, Springfield Armory LE Customer Service, for transforming it into an authentic magnum opus. That gun is 100% reliable and incredibly accurate. It's easier to carry and conceal than my Model 60. Even better, it's a 1911-A1 design which I greatly prefer. I believe it weighs a few ounces more than my Model 60. It's infinitely more reliable than my Model 60.

There are lightweight (~16 ounces), subcompact 9MM handguns of very good quality, the Sig P365 coming to mind. My advice is to shoot one before buying. I use 147 grain Fed HST LE standard pressure rounds in my EMP 3. The EMP 3's added ounces and recoil system keep its muzzle on target with duty ammo, meaning I do not have to reacquire sight picture after firing. Lightweight, subcompacts can become unwieldy due to recoil.

We all see life through different colored lenses. My advice is to always go with what's right for you, not with what another tries to convince you is right for you. My lens reveals to me that Springfield Armory didn't merely hit it outta da park with its EMP 3 9MM, it won the whole enchilada. But I do accept that others have seen the enchilada go to other subcompacts.

I have 4 carry weapons. The largest being a Walther PPS M2 and the smallest being a Beretta Pico. Hey, guy has to match according to his outfit...

Attachments

• EDC1.jpg
    EDC1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 340
....Drooling openly....wow, those are sharp!
Man, I have a Springfield 1911 Ronin Operator .45acp and there is no way in hell that I could conceal that unless it was winter time and I have a heavy coat on! Of my 4 carry weapons, the largest one I could holster conceal is my colt mk iv series 80 government 380. I can't conceal the Walther pps m2 or the Beretta nano during the warmer months here in Texas. Both go in a bag. Do you holster yours?

SA XDe 45acp. Versacary Commander. 6+1 in the pistol, 7 rd in the holster, and 2 7 rd mags in a dbl mag pouch. 28 230 gr JHP's on hand. Sorry, no pic.
Are you liking the Versacarry holster? I was never a fan of leather holsters, but I've ended up ordering three of them from Versacarry, They ride really nice on the hip and seem to not have to be broken in very much at all. I have two of the 2018 Commanders and a Black Vault Guardian one I just got yesterday for my Taurus G3. Nice holsters.

Which upper is that? Olight makes a good bright light as well.
I had the slide worked on by Boogeyman Customs in AZ. This is the "La Llorona Elite" cut and finished in Tungsten. I replaced stock sights with "Zev Tech" sights with FO front. Carry in a Legacy Firearms "Cygnus" IWB made for PL-Mini. Great CCW option, barely noticable.

Attachments

• 20200612_004628.jpg
    20200612_004628.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 338
Some Additional shots of the slide work by Boogeyman Customs on my Glock 19 Gen 4 upper. Great prices and fast turnaround.

Attachments

• 20200612_011032.jpg
    20200612_011032.jpg
    630.3 KB · Views: 326
  • 20200612_011128.jpg
    20200612_011128.jpg
    774.1 KB · Views: 323
  • 20190519_165904.jpg
    20190519_165904.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 508
I had the slide worked on by Boogeyman Customs in AZ. This is the "La Llorona Elite" cut and finished in Tungsten. I replaced stock sights with "Zev Tech" sights with FO front. Carry in a Legacy Firearms "Cygnus" IWB made for PL-Mini. Great CCW option, barely noticable.
NICE !

Back