SHTF Apocalyptic Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am old enough to have watched and liked the early ‘80s classics:

The Day after
WW3
129D52A7-264A-417A-89AA-61E56049E121.jpeg
96104BB7-4102-45AC-B86F-307B5C829D4B.png

I watched War of the Words (the 2005 edition) last night. Wife sat down through the aliens taking over the planet, people getting vaporized, and all she could say was "why don't his kids ever listen to him"?
BTW, new series of War of the Worlds on EPIX for all who can get it.

I watched War of the Words (the 2005 edition) last night. Wife sat down through the aliens taking over the planet, people getting vaporized, and all she could say was "why don't his kids ever listen to him"?
BTW, new series of War of the Worlds on EPIX for all who can get it.
Direct TV (which I have), is running a free preview of EPIX (I think until 2/23). I recorded but haven't yet watched their "War Of the Worlds" and the most recent "Mission Impossible" movie. I've seen the original and remake of the movies "War of the Worlds" and even heard the rebroadcast of Orson Wells Radio account. As a kid, the original "War of the Wars" with Gene Barry (loved the sound of the Martian weapon firing), and "Forbidding Planet" were my 2 favorite Science Fiction movies.

Direct TV (which I have), is running a free preview of EPIX (I think until 2/23). I recorded but haven't yet watched their "War Of the Worlds" and the most recent "Mission Impossible" movie. I've seen the original and remake of the movies "War of the Worlds" and even heard the rebroadcast of Orson Wells Radio account. As a kid, the original "War of the Wars" with Gene Barry (loved the sound of the Martian weapon firing), and "Forbidding Planet" were my 2 favorite Science Fiction movies.
When I was a young, the street light out my bedroom window looked just like the martian weapon, I got scared when it came on, as it was the same night we watched that movie, I couldn’t sleep and just kept watching that damn light........😬😬😬😬

Thanks for the heads up on the show.

But DTV charges me and arm & a leg all ready for what I get.

Looks like I missed the last free preview so I'll have to catch it the next time.
I was able to DVR it and also record the latest Mission Impossible movie. I'll probably like the War of the World series, and have to do with the one recorded, as like you, DTV isn't cheap when adding channels.

Yep. I'll have to wait for the next "free" window then DVR as much as I can if they replay past episodes.

I try to do that when there are free HBO/Showtime periods.

DTV just raised my monthly bill +$10 this month for absolutely no extra services.
Yeah, I saw the increase. I'm going into the 2nd year of the deal I got when they were hawking themselves at Sam's Club. They better not be thinking off increasing the 2nd year price more than what they quoted and I signed up for. So far no increase, 2nd year starts in April.

I've been with DTV since the mid-90's. They should give me a Senior discount.
I agree. I left the cable company when I saw that they offered a cheaper price for the bundle I currently had, to any new customers. I then saw I could get it cheaper than I was currently paying, if I call in in and requested it as an existing customer (which I wasn't even aware of being possible). They should have called and offered me the reduced price (their customer for over 36 years), rather than for me to have to discover it on their website.
It's crazy that after the DTV contract is up, I could actually go back to them and get their "New Customer" price (not sure if I'm going to do that or not). It just burns me that they don't show any benefit for being a loyal customer whatsoever. 🤬

I gave DTV hell when they blocked off several of the local TV channels due to some payment dispute. I filed a complaint against DTV with the FCC for breach of contract.

I got an immediate call from a AT&T/DTV rep about that & I requested that they switch me over to alternate stations in the Region so I could still have the programming. The first time they said they would look into it & all I got were crickets so I filed another complaint. Got another reply from AT&T/DTV, and we talked about the same deal. They said they could do it but wouldn't since there were pre-defined viewing areas. So they offered me a $25 discount. We repeated that a month later, I got another discount, then they reached an agreement & I got my local channels back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back