testtest

SHTF Apocalyptic Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apocalypse Now

ApocalypseNow-1.jpg

The original Jeepers Creepers got me and the wife first time we saw it.

1581722122106.jpeg

The Creeper is the titular main antagonist of the Jeepers Creepers horror film franchise. He is an ancient demonic creature who feeds on human beings for 23 days every 23rd spring.

Alien (1979)

On its way back to Earth, the commercial spaceship USCSS Nostromo is diverted to a desolate planetoid by a cryptic signal from a derelict alien spacecraft. While exploring the alien ship, one of the Nostromo's crewmen discovers the remains of the ship's pilot and also a large chamber that contains thousands of egg-like objects. One of the eggs releases a creature that attaches itself to his face and renders him unconscious. The others break quarantine to bring him back aboard the ship. The parasite dies and the crewman wakes up, seemingly fine. Soon afterwards, an alien organism bursts from his chest and grows extremely rapidly into a terrifying eight-foot (about 2.5 meters) tall creature that starts killing off the crew.

Aliens (1986)

After 57 years in hypersleep, the sole survivor of the USCSS Nostromo, Ellen Ripley, awakens aboard a medical space station orbiting Earth. Her story of the Alien terror she encountered is disbelieved and she learns that the planetoid from the first film (now designated as LV-426 or Acheron) is now home to a terraforming colony. When contact with the colony is lost, Ripley, against her better judgment and to regain her pilot's license, hesitantly accompanies a squad of high-tech Elite Colonial Marines aboard the spaceship USS Sulaco to investigate. Once there, they discover the colonists have been wiped out after finding the derelict alien ship (and its deadly cargo) from the first film.

View attachment 2057

“In space, no one can hear you scream”
I Love that tag line! Remember it well from the 1979 first showing I saw!!

I Love that tag line! Remember it well from the 1979 first showing I saw!!
Although I've read that it wasn't a "prequel" to Alien, Prometheus sure seemed to be that to me. The similarity between the large dead alien in the ships bridge chair (where the other alien eggs were in the movie Alien), and the Alien coming after the crew in Prometheus, sure looked the same to me. :unsure:. Anyways, Prometheus (I think), is a good movie if you like the Alien genre.

Although I've read that it wasn't a "prequel" to Alien, Prometheus sure seemed to be that to me. The similarity between the large dead alien in the ships bridge chair (where the other alien eggs were in the movie Alien), and the Alien coming after the crew in Prometheus, sure looked the same to me. :unsure:. Anyways, Prometheus (I think), is a good movie if you like the Alien genre.

Prometheus is part of the Alien series, and is set "post" the previous Alien series of movies. I hear a post-Prometheus movie is in the works.

Prometheus revived my dread of the Alien monsters.

^ It took me a while to get to liking Prometheus. I actually liked it better after Covenant.

View attachment 2119
I think Alien Covenant, is the only alien movie I haven’t seen in the series. I’ve even seen alien vs predator, I’ll have to see if I can Find it somewhere
Prometheus is part of the Alien series, and is set "post" the previous Alien series of movies. I hear a post-Prometheus movie is in the works.

Prometheus revived my dread of the Alien monsters.
Well from what I read, the debate is whether it’s a prequel (pre Alien) movie or not. The Director Ridley Scott probably added to the confusion by saying the movie stand as it’s own as an original film with the DNA of Alien. Below is just one article that mentions the debate. But I agree that it’s part of the Alien series & glad to hear more are in the works. I thought it was a good movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back