testtest

SHTF Apocalyptic Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you didn't notice, I am a connoisseur of survival/SHTF/WROL type movies. No mention of TV shows because it's all junk.

If you have Netflix and don't mind reading subtitles (or are fluent in Korean), give the Korean period drama The Kingdom a try. It's a very interesting spin on the zombie genre. I'm really looking forward to the next season.

And speaking of Korean zombies, Train to Busan (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5700672/) is definitely worth the 2-hour running time.

I haven't seen some of the movies you're referencing I'll have to check them out!

I wasn't a fan of either Into the Storm or Deep Impact, but I'll second all of the other movies that Minuteman1969 recommended. :)

If you have Netflix and don't mind reading subtitles (or are fluent in Korean), give the Korean period drama The Kingdom a try. It's a very interesting spin on the zombie genre. I'm really looking forward to the next season.

And speaking of Korean zombies, Train to Busan (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5700672/) is definitely worth the 2-hour running time.

I wasn't a fan of either Into the Storm or Deep Impact, but I'll second all of the other movies that Minuteman1969 recommended. :)
I don't mind reading subtitles if it's a good movie like Pans labyrinth or City of God.

Super 8: During the summer of 1979, a group of friends witness a train crash and investigate subsequent unexplained events in their small town.

I Am Legend: Years after a plague kills most of humanity and transforms the rest into monsters, the sole survivor in New York City struggles valiantly to find a cure in this post-apocalyptic action thriller.

Zombieland: A shy student trying to reach his family in Ohio, a gun-toting tough guy trying to find the last Twinkie, and a pair of sisters trying to get to an amusement park join forces to travel across a zombie-filled America.

Waterworld: In a future where the polar ice-caps have melted and Earth is almost entirely submerged, a mutated mariner fights starvation and outlaw "smokers," and reluctantly helps a woman and a young girl try to find dry land.

Red Dawn (84): It is the dawn of World War III. In mid-western America, a group of teenagers band together to defend their town, and their country, from invading Soviet forces.

The Day After Tomorrow: Jack Hall, paleoclimatologist, must make a daring trek from Washington, D.C. to New York City to reach his son, trapped in the cross-hairs of a sudden international storm which plunges the planet into a new Ice Age.

I don't mind reading subtitles if it's a good movie like Pans labyrinth or City of God.
1581091229656.jpeg

He don’t mind reading sub-titles either.........🤪

All great movies in the genre!

I think the postman was a lot better movie then the reviews it received at the time it was released.
You know, I also liked "Waterworld" which also stared Kevin Costner. The movie was panned and I think is listed up there with "Ishtar" as one of the worst big budget movies ever made. Maybe not as bad a the low budget Ed Wood movies, but up there. But I seemed to like it. It's based on a plot that the vast majority of the Earth is covered in water (I think they find a small island at the end), and people must survive on the open seas, in boats and towns of boats and such tied together. Pirates roaming everywhere and I just found it very interesting 🧐

You know, I also liked "Waterworld" which also stared Kevin Costner. The movie was panned and I think is listed up there with "Ishtar" as one of the worst big budget movies ever made. Maybe not as bad a the low budget Ed Wood movies, but up there. But I seemed to like it. It's based on a plot that the vast majority of the Earth is covered in water (I think they find a small island at the end), and people must survive on the open seas, in boats and towns of boats and such tied together. Pirates roaming everywhere and I just found it very interesting 🧐
There are quite a few movies that were considered flops but we're actually good Movies like Water world, The Postman, & AI.

I haven't seen some of the movies you're referencing I'll have to check them out!
I have "Arctic" saved on Amazon Prime watchlist (haven't seen it yet, but plot sounded interesting). "Contagion" I saw and was similar to "World War Z" and I liked both. As far as survival stories (but not due to catastrophic events "Man in the Wilderness" and the remake "The Revenant" , were both good survival stories.

I have "Arctic" saved on Amazon Prime watchlist (haven't seen it yet, but plot sounded interesting). "Contagion" I saw and was similar to "World War Z" and I liked both. As far as survival stories (but not due to catastrophic events "Man in the Wilderness" and the remake "The Revenant" , were both good survival stories.
Arctic was mentioned in a previous post also I'll have to check it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back