testtest

SHTF Scenario Definition

What extreme possible scenario could this take to be a real SHTF? This question is just to provoke thought on the worst outcome.
I was just thinking from the healthcare provider point of view. As everyone has heard, short supplies of protective equipment. Being thrown into things that you wouldn't normally do like re-use masks etc. More front line workers will get sick because of it. Being kept away from family. Beyond that, the carnage of having to many people (in the hospital) with not enough space. Notice I didn't mention rooms or beds, I mentioned space. Mind you these people are all sick. Heard yesterday that an MD has a friend in one of the hotspots. They are placing mats on the floor with blankets in the lobby because they have no where to put people. Not sure they can even get to them all. We are making contingency plans of a similar scenario and actually have set up an off site "community hospital" where hospital employees from the surrounding area will all work together.
Maybe not on the level of SHTF that you were looking for being zoned into a specific building or area, but for folks on the front lines, the S has definitely HTF.
Just my thought.

I was just thinking from the healthcare provider point of view. As everyone has heard, short supplies of protective equipment. Being thrown into things that you wouldn't normally do like re-use masks etc. More front line workers will get sick because of it. Being kept away from family. Beyond that, the carnage of having to many people (in the hospital) with not enough space. Notice I didn't mention rooms or beds, I mentioned space. Mind you these people are all sick. Heard yesterday that an MD has a friend in one of the hotspots. They are placing mats on the floor with blankets in the lobby because they have no where to put people. Not sure they can even get to them all. We are making contingency plans of a similar scenario and actually have set up an off site "community hospital" where hospital employees from the surrounding area will all work together.
Maybe not on the level of SHTF that you were looking for being zoned into a specific building or area, but for folks on the front lines, the S has definitely HTF.
Just my thought.
Wow that is really eye opening! We are so under prepared for this its just insane! It's almost like going back in time.

Last edited:
SHTF (to me) would be any event which causes a significant disruption in services and rule of law. This condition lasting for days, several weeks or months. When I say services, I am talking about Police, Fire, EMS, Grocery, Fuel, Water, transportation and shelter. It could be caused by civil unrest, weather, natural disaster, pandemic or war.

SHTF (to me) would be any event which causes a significant disruption in services and rule of law. This condition lasting for days, several weeks or months. When I say services, I am talking about Police, Fire, EMS, Grocery, Fuel, Water, transportation and shelter. It could be caused by civil unrest, weather, natural disaster, pandemic or war.
That's a pretty solid definition!

Back