testtest

Sig Has a Lawsuit

If I want to see perfection…….I just look in the mirror………..😲😲😲😲
1670113520400.gif

Not what she said … 😁

I don’t know, I really can’t see the 320 with a manual safety going off, but the others, not sure, but if you read this part, still say someone may have pulled the trigger, but can’t say for sure since I wasn’t there.

“The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in U.S. federal court in Concord, New Hampshire, says there have been over 100 incidents of the P320 pistol unintentionally discharging when the user believed they did not pull the trigger.”
Pretty sure it's like requiring the word "allegedly" when regarding reporting on a specific crime.

I don’t know, I really can’t see the 320 with a manual safety going off, but the others, not sure, but if you read this part, still say someone may have pulled the trigger, but can’t say for sure since I wasn’t there.

“The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in U.S. federal court in Concord, New Hampshire, says there have been over 100 incidents of the P320 pistol unintentionally discharging when the user believed they did not pull the trigger.”
Aahhh, the Alec Baldwin defense.

Itchy fingered cops and ambulance chasers are a potent combination. How come it’s always LEO? We all talk about the numbskulls we see or know at the range and yet none of these dolts manage to shoot them selves with their P320s. Where’s the gun? Where’s the independent testing? It would put Sig in a position that would make it impossible to for them to deny there was a problem. But guess what? There has been no substantive evidence or testing produced in any of the multiple cases. And as for Guntubers…Really?

Last edited:
there are a bunch of guntubers that have done videos showing exactly how it happens. My SO bought a 320 tac ops when they first came out without consulting me because she thought it looked cool. what a POS.

Do you have a link to any of these videos? Or at least can you describe how it happens? Every video I have seen attest to how it could never happen, while getting details about the pistol wrong.

The military, as far as we know, is not experiencing these unexplained discharges, but the Military P320's have manual safeties.

So now the cases have climbed to more than a 100, but lets keep in mind that is out of 100's of thousands of P320's fielded. Yes, some are not very credible, but some are credible. I'd put it at, we don't know the problem and if there is even a problem. But the numbers of credible cases are great enough, this is not something that should be ignored.

I had someone on another forum check his Sig P320 to confirm it action operates just like my Sig P320 M18 (with the Safety off of course), which is different than all my other pistols.

On all my other pistols, the sear is locked by a safety device, either automatic or manual, not my Sig P320. Even the manual safety on my M18 doesn't lock the sear, it blocks the trigger from being pulled at the trigger, don't stop the trigger from moving.

On all my other pistols, if you move the sear at the sear, by actually prying or pressing the sear to move it, you first have to deactivate the safety device locking it, then the sear moves on its own, independent of the rest of the action and trigger linkage.

Except on my Sig P320 M18, the moving the sear also moves the entire action, it pulls the trigger and moves the linkage to lift the firing pin block to clear the firing pin and let it go.

So something is different about the P320, no other pistol I own, moving the sear at the sear, actually back drives the trigger and the firing pin block linkage.

Do you have a link to any of these videos? Or at least can you describe how it happens? Every video I have seen attest to how it could never happen, while getting details about the pistol wrong.

The military, as far as we know, is not experiencing these unexplained discharges, but the Military P320's have manual safeties.

So now the cases have climbed to more than a 100, but lets keep in mind that is out of 100's of thousands of P320's fielded. Yes, some are not very credible, but some are credible. I'd put it at, we don't know the problem and if there is even a problem. But the numbers of credible cases are great enough, this is not something that should be ignored.

I had someone on another forum check his Sig P320 to confirm it action operates just like my Sig P320 M18 (with the Safety off of course), which is different than all my other pistols.

On all my other pistols, the sear is locked by a safety device, either automatic or manual, not my Sig P320. Even the manual safety on my M18 doesn't lock the sear, it blocks the trigger from being pulled at the trigger, don't stop the trigger from moving.

On all my other pistols, if you move the sear at the sear, by actually prying or pressing the sear to move it, you first have to deactivate the safety device locking it, then the sear moves on its own, independent of the rest of the action and trigger linkage.

Except on my Sig P320 M18, the moving the sear also moves the entire action, it pulls the trigger and moves the linkage to lift the firing pin block to clear the firing pin and let it go.

So something is different about the P320, no other pistol I own, moving the sear at the sear, actually back drives the trigger and the firing pin block linkage.
Don't forget the mil has heavier triggers, well most of the time. I haven't been able to find pull weight on ant 320 versions.

Back