testtest

Sig p320 unsafe saga continues

Ok so I watched the video and many of you know I’ve been upfront on my years in firearms manufacturing.
Soooooo MY OPINION!!
To say, “video guy” that the Sig P320 is a great gun is hypocritical.
Any gun, ANY GUN, that goes off as many times as the Sig P320 has and has been documented without a trigger being pulled is FAR FAR FAR from being a great gun. That being said this is one gun that no one
“if they do use as a carry gun” should not carry with a round in the chamber.
next is how in the name of all that is holy has Sig Sauer gotten away with continuing to manufacture this model after so many law suits???
Ok I’ll stop now because what I REALLY want to say will get my post removed.

Ok so I watched the video and many of you know I’ve been upfront on my years in firearms manufacturing.
Soooooo MY OPINION!!
To say, “video guy” that the Sig P320 is a great gun is hypocritical.
Any gun, ANY GUN, that goes off as many times as the Sig P320 has and has been documented without a trigger being pulled is FAR FAR FAR from being a great gun. That being said this is one gun that no one
“if they do use as a carry gun” should not carry with a round in the chamber.
next is how in the name of all that is holy has Sig Sauer gotten away with continuing to manufacture this model after so many law suits???
Ok I’ll stop now because what I REALLY want to say will get my post removed.
Tell me about it, all they do is a voluntary thing, no actual recall......🤔🤔🤔🤔

I have only owned 1 Sig, it was the P220 in .45acp....it had the Mag catch on the heel...it was a good gun, but that was many....many moons ago kemosabie.....

The scariest part was the Sheriff that approved the p320 when there was a known flaw, but Sig assured him it would be fixed by the time the pistols were delivered to the department. Uhhh shouldn't you test the new guns?
You would think.
so much about this is hard to fathom.
So many recorded and documented instances of this happening and Sig keeps denying there is a problem and people keep getting shot by there own handguns, totally unbelievable.

I don't understand why the firing pin can't be captured like the P22X classic design. The firing pin can't strike the primer until the trigger is at the rear of its travel. I also don't know how the entire striker fired product industry doesn't suffer the same problem. I'm not a glock fan, but I've never heard of an undesired discharge from their products. Springfield, is still pretty young in the market imho. I've not heard of any problems with them either. Kahr arms, was a relatively small builder for a long time. Builds a quality product with safety in mind. You have to wonder if the design is flawed. There used to be an old saying, " you have to know when to cut bait." I think this is that time. Buy them back, swap out with a known performer, something. Stop hitting your face into the wall trying to save yourself from a black eye

Damn it
Just bought a 320 mid size last year,and i do like it but in that short time ive since been thinking of selling it.
One of the reasons i got it was because sig boasted "modularity" with the p320 and it does, just not the model i have. Even wilson combat came out with a grip module for the 320, not mine. Only the full size,sub-compact,carry, or Xcompact. I just have the run of the mill compact with thumb safety(good thing). Now hearing of this,its just more reason to sell while i can, but who would want it and how can i, knowing it could be defective.
I cant carry in my state NJ,and i dont keep it loaded in the house. So its just a range gun and that sounds like thats all its destined to be.

Are you guy's talking about back in 2018 when Sig had several problems with their drop safety on the P320-or are there some new instances besides the ones in 2018.
Very new including a dozen or more in the last six months.

So I watched the video again and my take on this seams to be the contact surface of the sear holding the striker back when subjected to any excessive jarring or bump let alone being dropped.
that is mentioned in the video as well as shown in a cross section of the firearm. Of course there could be a multitude of other factors.

I don't understand why the firing pin can't be captured like the P22X classic design. The firing pin can't strike the primer until the trigger is at the rear of its travel. I also don't know how the entire striker fired product industry doesn't suffer the same problem. I'm not a glock fan, but I've never heard of an undesired discharge from their products. Springfield, is still pretty young in the market imho. I've not heard of any problems with them either. Kahr arms, was a relatively small builder for a long time. Builds a quality product with safety in mind. You have to wonder if the design is flawed. There used to be an old saying, " you have to know when to cut bait." I think this is that time. Buy them back, swap out with a known performer, something. Stop hitting your face into the wall trying to save yourself from a black eye

The XD has been around for over 20 years now, don't know if O would call that young. The prototypes would be old enough to drink. :)

This is sad. I have one. I like it. It's more accurate than I am. I would never carry it. Not for the reasons discussed here though. I am limited to to 10 round mags. For the size of it (I have the compact) and the weight, there are plenty of alternatives out there that are smaller and lighter. If I want 10 rounds, I'll carry my P365.

Back