testtest

Sighting in

FA3A8F1C-3500-42B0-A962-8CAAC41D5EA6.jpeg

Yes 100yd zero will have you a little low at 50yd, probably not enough to not be minute of deer. If you are wanting to be dead on at 100yd, don’t assume or get 1” at 100yd but zero your rifle at 100yd. Like Hans said, if 40-50 is the max for your shots, narrow the gap and sight in for 75yd but I think you’d be fine at 100. I zero mine at 100 and have shot deer as close to 25-30yds.

My big thing regardless of what distance you sight your scope in at is to practice shooting at the various distances you’re likely to be taking shots from. Yes the difference between 50 and 100 yards may only be an inch or two, but an inch or two can be the difference between a heart/lung shot and a shot that misses vitals completely. If off a rest the difference is 1”, what’s the difference going to be when you’re shooting offhand and human error enters the picture?
Yeah I may be overthinking things but I’ve only ever had to track one deer in my life and it wasn’t one I shot. I make it my business to drop them at least in my field of view and not to brag, but my success rate is astounding. I have an ethical obligation to not be the cause of a wounded, suffering animal crawling through the woods waiting on some predator to eat it.

That’s my two cents.

Back